Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Warriors vs Raptors NBA Finals Thread

If KD and now Iggy are out.....I can't see GS winning game 2.
    GOD I hope they go down 2.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

This is what I don't like.
    Omg thats amazing. I LOVE it.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    If KD and now Iggy are out.....I can't see GS winning game 2.
    GOD I hope they go down 2.
    Agreed if they are without both of their SFs they are gonna have a tough time in game 2. And if the Raptors get up 2 this could get ugly.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The one downside to seeing Toronto win this series would be seeing Drake happy.
    I understand pride. but I don't like the cockiness. The fireworks, the trolling, Drake being a ************...

If the Warrior win this series (which realistically, that can), they can easily just say, "That's what you get for thinking that way."

The Raptors won Game 1. (Which I'm very happy to see) And I get that they are the home team, but damn, the more you put it out there, the worse it will look if you get shut down. And if Toronto gets shut down, the fans... not the team... the FANS will look dumb. The team has earned respect. No doubt. The fans? Who haven't done a damn thing but buy some seats? Dumb. Pure dumb.

That's the best i can do without certain language.

My point is, don't act like YOUR TEAM has this in the bag. Because if you're wrong, you're going to look really F'ing stupid.

Also F Drake. He's not that good. Come fight me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

Also F Drake. He's not that good. Come fight me bro.
    Drake's music is cold garbage, he's a whiny baby, and his behaviour towards considerably younger women is creepy bordering on predatory. I'm not gonna fight you on it.
    Basketball.

Ugh. Drake needs to be banned from floor seats. Put him up in a box if he needs to be at the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Ugh. Drake needs to be banned . Put him in a box.
    I agree.

I don’t care one way or the other about Frake, but I want the Raptors to win.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Agreed Drake is a punk, but so is Draymond. I support anyone talking trash to Draymond.

It's not that he said anything to Drake. It's that no FAN should be on the court during / after the game. He gets far too much leeway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Drake's music is cold garbage, he's a whiny baby, and his behaviour towards considerably younger women is creepy bordering on predatory. I'm not gonna fight you on it.
    GOOD! Because you could probably beat my ******.

The Warriors without Durant aren’t invincible. They will likely lose him this off season as well and will no doubt need a replacement. They need to sign Harisson Barnes back. He would fit perfectly back in his role and can now offer more then he did before taking some pressure off Seth/Klay/Dray.. Adding Barnes to this team we saw tonight would have had a huge impact obviously not on a Durant level but someone else who can score.

If Durant doesn’t play this will be a very interesting series.. As I said before the Raptors matchup with them so well at every single position. IMO these teams are much closer matched then some may think and skill set wise are near identical. The Warriors are slightly more talented but when the Raptors are on they are every bit as good. Both have good benches with talent that can light it up. The Warriors/Raptors core 4 matches up with each other very well and are very similar skill set wise. I think the Raptors have a big advantage with Gasol which showed up tonight. Bogut might have to get more minutes against Gasol. They will have to figure out something.

Curry - Kyle Lowry who is a Star caliber 2 way PG and when his game is on can hang with Curry. His all around game as a triple double threat on any night with very good defense that hustles his ___ off and can bother Curry if possible.
    Klay - Danny Green is basically a poor mans Klay and when hot looks like a Klay clone.. Green has had historic shooting in NBA Finals before. He knows his role as a 3&D wing. Green played a pivotal role winning a ring with Kawhi on the Spurs 2014 NBA Championship team..
    Iggy - Kawhi Leonard is a Super Star that is arguably the best 2 way player in the NBA and maybe the best player in the NBA. He has shown time and time again he is an alpha and comes up in the klutch. Kawhi is also a former NBA Finals MVP on the Spurs 2014 NBA Championship team..
    Dray - Pascal Siakim in a way is a young Draymon Green but a better 3 point shooter. There was a time when Green could actually shoot. Pascal is the better scorer while not the same passer but possesses the same 2 way ability and all around versatility.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-30-2019 at 11:29 PM.

Ugh. Drake needs to be banned from floor seats. Put him up in a box if he needs to be at the games.
    This is what happens when you have the money.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Agreed Drake is a punk, but so is Draymond. I support anyone talking trash to Draymond.
    I support Draymond punching Drake. In the face. In the teeth.

It's not that he said anything to Drake. It's that no FAN should be on the court during / after the game. He gets far too much leeway.
    I agree. It makes the whole "fanbase" look bad.

He is the "Ambassador" afterall.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Drake being involved is a cool dynamic. I have no problem with it. It's fun stuff!

However, I worry about him calling the Warriors trash means that the Warriors are gonna win 4 straight lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Drake being involved is a cool dynamic. I have no problem with it. It's fun stuff!

However, I worry about him calling the Warriors trash means that the Warriors are gonna win 4 straight lol.
    I wish people like Lil’ Wayne, Birdman, and Master P were on the sidelines acting like Drake and helping with branding. It would be beneficial to the franchise.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
    I wish people like Lil’ Wayne, Birdman, and Master P were on the sidelines acting like Drake and helping with branding. It would be beneficial to the franchise.
    Exactly!!! Do you know how much more of an attractive place Toronto looks like now (besides them going to the Finals of course)? Does Wayne even live in NOLA anymore though? I feel like no big dudes from the area still live there.

Quote Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
    I think Drake has some role in the Toronto franchise. Team ambassador or something like that. Lil Wayne is a goofball . Don’t need him on our court. Trying to keep players here. By the way Wayne lives in Miami. It would help if these rappers lived in NOLA.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-31-2019 at 12:09 AM.

Apparently he was warned , but it happened after the game

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/05/...e-interactions

For the record Mark Cuban used to do the same thing.

I would love to see the ring chaser to fail I’ll always root against Golden state no matter who they’re playing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Apparently he was warned , but it happened after the game

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/05/...e-interactions

For the record Mark Cuban used to do the same thing.
    It happened after the last Bucks game. The date of the article was 2 days ago.

I've seen a lot of Warriors fans on twitter saying ''ah yeah, good job Toronto, but the Warriors played really bad tonight. There's no way we play this bad all series, you just watch what happens next!''

And to an extent, that's true, but at the same time, Toronto was worse than usual too.

Kawhi shot 5 of 14, and was in foul trouble early. Lowry had 7 points on 2 of 9 shooting. Ibaka shot 2 of 7.

There's an extent to which it isn't true, as well. Yes, Golden State only shot 43.6% from the floor, but they did shoot basically 39% from three which is the same as Toronto did, and they had essentially the same number of FTAs on higher efficiency. This wasn't a complete anomaly game for Golden State. The Warriors played a good game: not a great game, but a good game. This wasn't them being trash and Toronto feeding on that, this was just one team outplaying another.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Exactly!!! Do you know how much more of an attractive place Toronto looks like now (besides them going to the Finals of course)? Does Wayne even live in NOLA anymore though? I feel like no big dudes from the area still live there.
    Nah. He and Birdman both live in Miami. I think P lives in L.A., but I’m not sure if Drake lives in Toronto. He finds a way to make it to the games, so our entertainment royalty should do the same.

To the other guy, Wayne is definitely nothing like what he used to be, but promo is promo. His appearance on the sidelines would help.

It happened after the last Bucks game. The date of the article was 2 days ago.
    Read what I had posted. Anyway Drake did nothing wrong. It’s entertainment if anything as they discussed on First Take. Spike Lee does the same thing. Draymond even acknowledged Drake did nothing wrong at the presser.

Thread Information