Pelicans Report

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29

Thread: Warriors vs Raptors NBA Finals Thread

Sorry Wob, but am I the only one who doesn't really care that it ended ''like this''?

I feel bad for Durant and Klay on a personal level. Obviously an injury like they got hurts, and nobody wants to see someone else seriously in pain and suffering for the sake of basketball.

But do I feel bad for ''Golden State'', the entity? Or the fans? God no.

Golden State is a team that made their millions cashing in favourable reffing against broken, injured, battered, and sick teams for the last five years. They won their first ring without EVER facing a team with a healthy starting point guard. Then, when they finally faced a healthy superteam in Cleveland with LBJ, Kyrie, and Love, they choked, ran to the parking lot, and begged Durant to come save them. He did, ditching his friend and franchise in Westbrook to ringchase on a team that only made the finals in the first place because he choked in three straight games to allow them to come back from 3-1.

So am I sad for Durant and Klay, as human beings? Of course. Am I sad for ''The Golden State Warriors''? Not at all. Sucks to be them, but at the end of the day, you reap what you sow, karma comes around to bite you, and after all of that, it's hard to feel sympathy.
    Basketball.

Steph gonna put the injury ridden Warriors on his back next season, and carry that franchise to a whole 32 wins.

Great Finals! Warriors was fighting till the end. Now its our time to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Sorry Wob, but am I the only one who doesn't really care that it ended ''like this''?

I feel bad for Durant and Klay on a personal level. Obviously an injury like they got hurts, and nobody wants to see someone else seriously in pain and suffering for the sake of basketball.

But do I feel bad for ''Golden State'', the entity? Or the fans? God no.

Golden State is a team that made their millions cashing in favourable reffing against broken, injured, battered, and sick teams for the last five years. They won their first ring without EVER facing a team with a healthy starting point guard. Then, when they finally faced a healthy superteam in Cleveland with LBJ, Kyrie, and Love, they choked, ran to the parking lot, and begged Durant to come save them. He did, ditching his friend and franchise in Westbrook to ringchase on a team that only made the finals in the first place because he choked in three straight games to allow them to come back from 3-1.

So am I sad for Durant and Klay, as human beings? Of course. Am I sad for ''The Golden State Warriors''? Not at all. Sucks to be them, but at the end of the day, you reap what you sow, karma comes around to bite you, and after all of that, it's hard to feel sympathy.
    Yep. They embraced the role of villain, we don't have any moral obligation to feel bad for their downfall.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Great finals. I loved the game last night. I hated seeing Klay get hurt like that. Was I rooting for Toronto? Yes. Do I hate the Warriors like I have hated the Heat, Lakers or Bulls of my youth? Heck no. The Warriors had a great run and they did it a lot better than the Lakers and the Heat did it. Any time a team has a run like this the amount of haters increases and that the way it is. They got a lot of lucky calls as did the Bulls of the 90s and the Lakers of the 2000s. They all do.

Thread Information