Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Warriors vs Raptors NBA Finals Thread

Am I the only one who feels like Durant is rushing back? He only had one practice, and it was apparently very quick. He was the first person on the bus after everything was done.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    Am I the only one who feels like Durant is rushing back? He only had one practice, and it was apparently very quick. He was the first person on the bus after everything was done.
    Yeah, they're rushing him back just like they rushed Looney and his broken collarbone back.

They're desperate. It's kind of sad.

Especially when it's not like bringing KD back guarantees them a win. He basically hasn't played in a month, is probably still injured, and Toronto already beat them easily this season with Durant scoring 30, and Kawhi didn't even play that game.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, they're rushing him back just like they rushed Looney and his broken collarbone back.

They're desperate. It's kind of sad.

Especially when it's not like bringing KD back guarantees them a win. He basically hasn't played in a month, is probably still injured, and Toronto already beat them easily this season with Durant scoring 30, and Kawhi didn't even play that game.
    That's what I feel. Like they hoped if they could win, they could get him back the following game. It's always, "Next game, next game". They see the writing on the wall. As I watch the games, they feel like those Laker teams that felt like they could "hit the switch" and take over a game no matter who they played. It's not working. Every time they try, Toronto just pushes them away. They just look defeated and Draymond is trying to talk himself and his team into "Its no big deal". Nah bro. It's a big deal. You're outmatched.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    That's what I feel. Like they hoped if they could win, they could get him back the following game. It's always, "Next game, next game". They see the writing on the wall. As I watch the games, they feel like those Laker teams that felt like they could "hit the switch" and take over a game no matter who they played. It's not working. Every time they try, Toronto just pushes them away. They just look defeated and Draymond is trying to talk himself and his team into "Its no big deal". Nah bro. It's a big deal. You're outmatched.
    That's exactly what it is. They've been so fantastic for several years, they're just used to being fantastic now. When they see it's not happening, they're just thinking ''it's fine, we're fantastic, we're good, it'll be okay'', and it's not, and they don't know what to do about it.

They don't know how to struggle against adversity. And now they're facing adversity: it wears number 2 and it's broken them.

I've realized there's no way for me to lose. If Toronto collapses and ends up losing 3 straight then I get laugh at Drake's stupid face.

If GS loses then Cousins turned down 40m and STILL didn't get a ring.

If the Raptors win tonight, is Kawhi top 20 of all time?

KD lost the tip to Gasol, wow

Three uncalled fouls in Golden State's favour in under 90 seconds.

I see how it's gonna be.

2 minutes in, and Toronto should already be in the bonus. Wow.

Gasol playing well, KD can shoot which surprises nobody.

Warriors coming out hot

Golden State playing like they're down 3-1. Which makes sense.

Siakam just faked Durant out of Canada

The different so far: what Toronto is doing is sustainable. They're attacking inside, drawing fouls, etc etc.

What Golden State is doing is not. They're 5 of 5 from three. Golden State are a fantastic shooting team, but they're not going to shoot 100% tonight. Eventually they'll miss a couple and then the lead will close.

Curry just... passed the ball to Kawhi.

Like, just handed it over.

KAWHI WITH THE INSANE FINISH

Durant or no Durant, the Golden State defense is just garbage. Toronto's is so much better, more robust.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Gasol is making Memphis proud.

Kawhi should ahve shot that, Siakam bailed him out.

It's amazing that Toronto has only had one fouled called on them, and it's legitimate?

Usually when a team gets no fouls called on them for 7 minutes, it's a sign of favourable reffing. But nope, they've just been doing defense really well.

Golden State has been fouling regularly haha

Refs doing their absolute best to foul out every single Raptor as soon as possible.

They just will NOT call any fouls on Golden State. They are absolutely refusing.

Durant airball

Kevin Durant Just Shave Your Head, Man

I feel like Vanvleet would murder KD in a fight

KD fouled him like 4 times.. and then got actually called for a foul. Why Is he chirping?

Thread Information