Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Warriors vs Raptors NBA Finals Thread

Basketball.

Raptors fans took over Oracle tonight. This is great!

Golden State will recover and still have the same team minus Durant which makes them great but beatable. Losing Cousins will be an addition by subtraction.

We should all send Cousins thank you letters for not signing that 2-year $40 million deal. The guy just doesn’t play winning basketball consistently hurt or not. I hope he signs with the Lakers or teams back up with AD on the Knicks.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 06-07-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Golden State will recover and still have the same team minus Durant which makes them great but beatable. Losing Cousins will be an addition by subtraction.

We should all send Cousins thank you letters for not signing that 2-year $40 million deal. The guy just doesn’t play winning basketball consistently hurt or not. I hope he signs with the Lakers or teams back up with AD with the Knicks.
    I wonder where those few people who wanted Demps to give Cousins the max still have gone?

Draymond did not give hope that Durant is coming back in presser just now.

Sounds like GS is conceding judging by GS player pressers

Windhorst thinks Durant is done

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Draymond did not give hope that Durant is coming back in presser just now.
    Even if he did, I think it wouldn't matter. Might extend it to 6 instead of 5, but it wouldn't matter.

Back when the Irish Republican Army over here was a big deal in the 1980s, there was a failed assassination attempt on Margaret Thatcher and the Conservative Party cabinet. After the attempt failed, the IRA released a message in which they said: ''Tonight, we were unlucky. But we only need to be lucky once: you need to be lucky always.''

Strange comparison, but that's kind of how I feel this is now, even if Durant comes back. Golden State needs to be lucky three times in a row. Toronto only need 1.

Crazy we almost ended up with Dell and 40 Mil to DeMarcus.

Now we have a great president and GM, Zion, and whatever AD gets.

Stern was right.

Dell Demps was an awful GM . End of story

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    Crazy we almost ended up with Dell and 40 Mil to DeMarcus.

Now we have a great president and GM, Zion, and whatever AD gets.

Stern was right.
    Stern was indeed right.

Meh. Hyperbolees gonna hyperbolize.

Dell was a decent GM. Cousins' achilles wrecked the destiny. Don't be so narrow visioned.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

Dell was a decent GM. Cousins' achilles wrecked the destiny. Don't be so narrow visioned.
    I tend to agree with this. A fully healthy Cousins with AD was still an interesting and promising pairing. We got unlucky there (Or now, depending on how you look at it, very lucky).

I also think Demps was not horrible. He made some savvy moves, and a few dumb ones that cap strapped up as well. He was a middle/bottom of the pack GM, not a complete Baffin like some here (and inexplicably, Stern) seem to insist on.

We are a much better organization today than we were, top to bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One day, I'm going to beat you with a baseball bat with the word "hyperbole" engraved in it.

Just saw this, didn't realise it and surprised by how true it is.

If the Warriors lose this series, they will be 1-2 in the finals without KD. The one they won was against the Cavs when Lebrons second best player was Mozgov, because Kyrie and Love were injured. That series still went to 6 games. Not a particularly impressive ring.

When you consider that, plus the fact that they blew a 3-1 lead, do people overrate the Golden State core?

Obviously just making the finals that many times is a huge sign of skill, but if Kyrie and Love don't get injured in 2015, they're 0-3 without KD.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    One day, I'm going to beat you with a baseball bat with the word "hyperbole" engraved in it.
    Lol.

My original account here was from 2005. So I go way back on this board and franchise. I've been doing a lot of musing this AM about the history of things.

Things have NEVER been brighter. Happier days are coming. Guys. As bad as AD has been. It has been nowhere NEAR as bad as Gordon. That guy singlehandedly tanked this team for years. His attitude was a cancer. I put this in another thread but I really do think he destroyed most of ADs early years and Dell's career. Before Gordon, CP3 had the season of unrest. Before him and during that was the horrible owner in Shinn and a team trying to make it in NOLA. Throw in the Hometwon Hornets playing in OKC......this franchise has ALWAYS had bad attitudes and personalities dragging it down.

Oh. And Baron Davis. My friends and I drove hours to see that guy play and he totally punked us in the streets after the game. David Wesley saw it and came over and was insanely cool to us after it happened (DW really is one of the best guys) but yeah, this franchise has always had cancers.

But......wow......this feels fresh. Gayle Benson, Griffin, Jrue, Zion, Gentry. It feels like some great people and personalities are in charge. I absolutely relish having hard workers like Tatum or RJ come in to match that. I really do think this franchise is going skyward and this board will evolve with that.

Better days are coming.

Thank God I already hated America, so I don't have to change my positions on anything.

Thread Information