Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Warriors vs Raptors NBA Finals Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    We're getting stupid and reactionary as a society. I can't believe somebody said this dude "assaulted" Lowry. lolololols
    It would fall under "simple assault and battery" according to California Penal Code 242. Look it up when you're done chuckling.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It would fall under "simple assault and battery" according to California Penal Code 242. Look it up when you're done chuckling.
    I’m actually not chuckling. I think this is a serious problem! If someone has ever been charged with a crime for a similar shove and gotten hit with a $500k fine I’d love to know about it. Would make a great Netflix documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If you think we're just ''getting'' stupid and reactionary, rather than ''have been stupid and reaction for like, 500 years'', then you're a touch slow to the party here.
    There’s levels. This is a new one.

If you want to get that literal, Lowry diving on the spectator could fit that definitiion.

Again... the urge to want to inflict punishment is what I quibble with. It's a bad look. And it's entirely subjective. If dude crashes into Beyonce and Jay Z shoves him, nobody is calling for Jay Z's head today. Lowry probably doesn't even respond to being pushed in the same way. If this was Drake, people would want to lynch him, because people don't like Drake. If it's me, there's no way I get a $500k fine, and I also don't get banned from Smoothie King Center "for life".

Ron Artest didn't get a lifetime ban for fighting fans in the stands!

We're getting stupid and reactionary as a society. I can't believe somebody said this dude "assaulted" Lowry. lolololols

The guy is probably going to be simply moved to owners suite if he really wants to go.

There’s levels. This is a new one.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzqk6JDcVto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JG36qbS1HI

Get them out of here for unruly behavior. Read the body language. He obviously said something very uncalled for as well as the shove.

Stevens has admitted guilt.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 06-06-2019 at 11:20 PM.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/wa...evens-said-him

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

Without people like Stevens investing in the franchises, there would be no league, and no millions for players like Lowry to make. Maybe he'd prefer being an assembly line worker for $75K a year, or a store manager for $55K.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Without people like Stevens investing in the franchises, there would be no league, and no millions for players like Lowry to make. Maybe he'd prefer being an assembly line worker for $75K a year, or a store manager for $55K.
    I guess that's true. Silver should make Lowry go ******** himself then.

Donald Sterling invested millions too. George Shinn invested millions too. If you get rid of Stevens it is probably for the better. League would make even more money. Just because you are rich does not give you permission to be an **************.

Horrible take.

Labor creates value in sports. If Stevens had invented basketball, or brought some other wealth creating innovation to the game, you might be able to have a discussion here. Stevens is going to have to sell his shares and he’ll be replaced much easier than the Raptors could replace Lowry.

Sounds like Stevens had a bit too much to drink. It is sad when people due stupid and regrettable things because they cannot control their drinking. When he comes back, he should not be allowed to sit courtside any longer.

Horrible take.

Labor creates value in sports. If Stevens had invented basketball, or brought some other wealth creating innovation to the game, you might be able to have a discussion here. Stevens is going to have to sell his shares and he’ll be replaced much easier than the Raptors could replace Lowry.
    For once, totally agree with you.

It is at least theoretically possible to have an NBA without owners. In our social system it's not happening, but it's possible at least on paper.

You cannot, even theoretically, have an NBA without players. It simply wouldn't work at all.

Labour is entitled to all it creates.
    Basketball.

The

It is at least theoretically possible to have an NBA without owners. In our social system it's not happening, but it's possible at least on paper.

You cannot, even theoretically, have an NBA without players. It simply wouldn't work at all.

I can’t believe I agree with PD here. Got my point across. G.S. can easily replace him . Plenty of billionaires in that part of the country.

Back to basketball. Anyone think the NBA is covering up the Durant injury severity? Why? Has he even touched a basketball yet?

Back to basketball. Anyone think the NBA is covering up the Durant injury severity? Why? Has he even touched a basketball yet?
    When the injury happened, I think everyone thought it was worse than they said it was. Looks like we were all right.

I think they're possibly covering it up because of the free agency Durant has coming up. Maybe they don't want to risk putting injury worries out there. Similarly, there's probably some desperation involved; they know they will have real trouble winning this without him, so there could even be a degree of denial in it.

Could he other stuff too

When the injury happened, I think everyone thought it was worse than they said it was. Looks like we were all right.

I think they're possibly covering it up because of the free agency Durant has coming up. Maybe they don't want to risk putting injury worries out there. Similarly, there's probably some desperation involved; they know they will have real trouble winning this without him, so there could even be a degree of denial in it.

Could he other stuff too
    I mean it looked almost identical to boogie when it happened it be crazy to hide an Achilles though right?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    If you want to get that literal, Lowry diving on the spectator could fit that definitiion.
    Fans assume the risk when they sit courtside. I'm pretty sure it says that on the back of their tickets. Also, Lowry's actions were unintentional unlike Mr. Stevens.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    I mean it looked almost identical to boogie when it happened it be crazy to hide an Achilles though right?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    I don't know if it's an Achilles. When they say it's the calf, I can buy it. But they're listing if as a calf strain, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a tear going on.

Fans assume the risk when they sit courtside. I'm pretty sure it says that on the back of their tickets. Also, Lowry's actions were unintentional unlike Mr. Stevens.
    Yep. You assume the risk. Same as being hit by foul ball at baseball game.

Lol.

You agreed with me back in January when the Knicks trade was MY idea!
    People have short term memories. We've agreed more often than not. We just disagree on Lakers players currently.

Lol.

You agreed with me back in January when the Knicks trade was MY idea!
    People have short term memories. We've agreed more often than not. We just disagree on Lakers players currently.
    You don't understand.

We disagree on something right now. That means we are mortal enemies. That's how the internet works.

You can tell the Warriors are panicking. They have Kevon Looney playing with a broken collarbone.

This could, potentially, be the last game in Oracle.

Klay is playing. That's probably a bad idea. Looney is playing with his broken collar bone. That's definitely a bad idea.

Here we go. Let's see if they can really gut up and make it 2-2 heading back on the road.

I expect some seriously one sided calls in the first half to get TOR into foul trouble.

Thread Information