Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Davis and Griffin meeting today (this time per Shams)

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I've seen some people saying that this is actually a great move by Griffin. Essentially making the argument that he's turned the situation from ''AD is leaving, give me your offers'' into ''AD may be staying, so if you want him you really need to cough up everything''. While I see that point of view, I'm not sure.

It could be correct, and obviously I have no insider information on this, but it just seems self-defeating for Griffin to have spent his first presser stressing the ''all in, or all out'' mentality only to turn it into ''all in or all out, unless you need like 3 more weeks and three more meetings, in which case take as long as you like: no need for any firm answers'' as soon as contact is made with AD. Strikes me as kind awkward.
    LoL you seriously think it’s just as easy as calling him up and saying so are you all in or all out cause I kinda need to know before I go to bed tonight. If Griffins plan A is to keep AD then yes you have 3 meetings and a reasonable timetable to resolve this by. Also just because you have no idea of what’s going on doesn’t mean Griffin has no idea. I’m pretty sure he knows what he doing and has backup plan after backup plan ready to go.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

This is the guy who used to scout for the Wizards, doesn't know what a Zone defense is, argued that an ex NBA player doesn't know what he's talking about because he never worked in a video room, and claimed that girls love him because he gets "team issue half zip hoodies" and can take them anywhere "except the operations annex".

He's beyond clueless. He's an idiot.
    He’s definitely not an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    He’s definitely not an idiot.

He very much is. His analysis is subpar, and he's an egotistical maniac.

Can't believe I forgot to mention the part where he DM'd longtime twitter followers and told them to either pay him or unfollow, and then threatened to make sure people never worked in the NBA for dissing him on twitter. What a champion.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Now the mixed signals thing I DEFINITELY can see as Memphis trying to drive up a price. Or at least them having second thoughts.

But I wonder how much of this is coming from Memphis? For example, I could see Barrett's people leaking that Memphis wanted to bring him in because there has been rumors that Barrett might slip past of 3rd. But if you start leaking that Memphis is trying to get you at 2nd, it will make NYK second guess not going with Barrett at 3rd.

There's a whole lot of hands in the cookie jar right now.
    Yeah, there is a lot of misinformation floating around this time of the year.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    He very much is. His analysis is subpar, and he's an egotistical maniac.

Can't believe I forgot to mention the part where he DM'd longtime twitter followers and told them to either pay him or unfollow, and then threatened to make sure people never worked in the NBA for dissing him on twitter. What a champion.
    Ok. Maybe you’re right. I didn’t know all of that. Pretty damn strange.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Ok. Maybe you’re right. I didn’t know all of that. Pretty damn strange.

He occasionally says something good and interesting, but it's never anything new, and all the new stuff he says is just wrong. There are much better people to follow in the scouting world, particularly on twitter, who are more in depth, more nuanced, and actually have insight.

Thread Information