Pelicans Report

Thread: More Lakers drama

My favourite of the recent Laker's stories about Pelinka is the one where apparently Kobe Bryant had dinner with Heath Ledger's re-animated corpse.

I also quite like the one where apparently Pelinka sits on on half-time sessions during games and makes everyone uncomfortable and afraid to speak.

Can't deny the charm of the one where he says that Kentavious Caldwell-Pope signing with the Lakers is like when bread rains from the sky in the bible.*

*I think he means manna, but we'll take bread for a modern translation.
    Basketball.

Griff just needs to ask AD, do you really want to go into that belly of the dumpster fire?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I love it. Bring me more.

and yet were a horrible organization. good god man lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Griff just needs to ask AD, do you really want to go into that belly of the dumpster fire?
    Serious question: do you think he cares?

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Dang, two totally differnt narratives from the article on ESPN and this video.

I'm not a fan of the video downplaying Magic's alleged abusive workplace demeanor. It's never a good look when a bunch of old dudes are bascially saying a woman needs to stop being so sensitive about a little criticism.

If Magic says he isn't like that, then just ask around at some of his other businesses and se what those former and current employees have to say.

I've definitely been in situations where a boss screamed at me about every little thing and didn't treat anyone with any amount of respect. Not fun.

As for the Lakers overall, what a dumpsterfire. No wonder to see how they lost out on Kahwi and PG. AD really needs to take a long look.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Serious question: do you think he cares?
    If he doesn’t then it was never about winning.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If he doesn’t then it was never about winning.
    It was never about winning the moment he named LA and NYC as preferred destinations anyway. Anyone who ever thought it was about winning hasn't been listening.

At least when KD snaked out he went to a championship team. AD just wants to beta his way to Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    At least when KD snaked out he went to a championship team. AD just wants to beta his way to Lebron.
    Exactly.

You can't blame the guy. 7 years and it didnt go his way or ours. I am sure if anything the change sounds interesting so why not try to grab some big time market time while you at it.

It's not that AD demanded a trade. I understand that. It's that AD demanded a trade under the lie that he wanted to be traded to compete for a championship but he wants to go to the Lakers, a team picking 4th in the lottery.

It's not that AD demanded a trade. I understand that. It's that AD demanded a trade under the lie that he wanted to be traded to compete for a championship but he wants to go to the Lakers, a team picking 4th in the lottery.
    Or the Knicks, a team picking third. It's definitely not about competing for championships; it's Rich Paul's attempt to get AD competing for endorsement dollars.

I think when AD initially made his trade request, most Pels fans were sympathetic to him. Yeah, it hurt a little, it always sucks to see that kind of thing, but we all saw where he was coming from: this franchise has, to a large extent, failed him. Yes we were improving over the last 18 months, but that's a small sample in comparison to all the time spent losing, and with injuries it looked like we were on the downturn again. Everyone blamed the franchise, not AD.

People started disliking him because of all the dodgy stuff he did after. Naming teams. Naming worse teams. Then saying ANY team would be better. Then the t shirt, then pretending he doesn't dress himself. All the extra stuff.

I’m over it really. He lost, he was humiliated, and chances are he is not ending up with LeBron. If he decides to buy in and we bring in the right pieces, awsome possum. One things for sure- if we do manage to bring someone in like Brogdon/Beal/Russell and keep AD, we need to find our Ariza/Igoudala/Draymond. Let’s see what our new FO is made of shall we

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I’m over it really. He lost, he was humiliated, and chances are he is not ending up with LeBron. If he decides to buy in and we bring in the right pieces, awsome possum. One things for sure- if we do manage to bring someone in like Brogdon/Beal/Russell and keep AD, we need to find our Ariza/Igoudala/Draymond. Let’s see what our new FO is made of shall we
    Isn't Zion primed to be our Draymond?

Draymond on defense, Barkley on offense.

Draymond wishes he could have the potential Zion has.

I’m more alluding to that 3 and D player aka final piece of the puzzle (hole at SF). 4 of our spots will be set

Thread Information