Pelicans Report

Thread: Griffin trying to lure Ty Lue

Griffin trying to lure Ty Lue

https://theathletic.com/996950/2019/...-coaching-job/

Don't see it happening, tbh. He might sign on because it's Griffin, who he obviously worked with in Cleveland, but if he's adamant about wanting a HC job, it won't be found at the Pelicans for at least a year.

If he does sign on, I'd expect it to be as a coaching ''consultant'' or something, cause then he could keep collecting the Cavs payments at least in theory.
    Basketball.

Lue won't be a head coach this season so yeah I can see him signing on as an assistant somewhere.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I mean, he was always an assistant on the best teams before he got his head coaching gig. He's probably not gonna get a job as a head coach this year, so why not? Go for it!

It seems if Lue is turned down Houston too he has something in mind but which team? Sounds like Boston is keep their coach. I know there was a rumor Kerr May consider retirement back when he was having health issues.

The ultimate slap in the face would be for Lue to turn down headcoaching in LA to take an assistant head coaching job in Nola.

I doubt it happens, but if Lue had some bitter feelings for how the Lakers treated him coming to the Pels would be the best middle finger he could give them. Plus it beats just chilling at home.

Side Note: I don't really think Lue is some amazing coach. Or he at least hasn't proven it. I don't care though, I'd still bring him on just for he Lakers snub.

Not a fan or Lue but he’d be ok for an assistant I’d rather get Tibs as an assistant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Not a fan or Lue but he’d be ok for an assistant I’d rather get Tibs as an assistant

Keep Thibs 1000 miles away from us. He's nearly on Mark Jackson and Jason Kidd level of Do Not Want.

Thibodeau would be fantastic if you personally hate Zion and want him to die of exhaustion in his second year in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Thibodeau would be fantastic if you personally hate Zion and want him to die of exhaustion in his second year in the league.
    Didn’t say as head coach , just as an assistant .

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Keep Thibs 1000 miles away from us. He's nearly on Mark Jackson and Jason Kidd level of Do Not Want.
    Plus, he’s not even Cajun. How you gonna have a name like Thibodeau, and not even be Cajun?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Plus, he’s not even Cajun. How you gonna have a name like Thibodeau, and not even be Cajun?
    Well, you could be actually French, or even French Canadian.

Unfortunately, Thibs is from Connecticut

Thread Information