Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AD and Griffin meeting Today

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    This was his post this morning (yet now says everyone needs to be patient) -

Hahaha. That's awesome.

It's so frustrating to be honest, that despite the enhanced transparency we've had from the front office, we still can't get a clear message about what is obviously one of the most important meetings in franchise history. We aren't asking for notarised minutes or anything, we would just like to know what day the metting is ACTUALLY going to happen.

It's incredible how unclear this has been. Back when Griffin got signed, he said he'd meet with AD. Fine. Then like two weeks after, we heard that they'd be meeting after the lottery. That didn't happen, then we learned they'd be meeting after the combine. Then that didn't happen, now we learn they're meeting yesterday. That didn't happen, now they're meeting at the end of the week.

Why can't two grown adults just set a date for a meeting and actually go to it? I don't understand that prevarication.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's so frustrating to be honest, that despite the enhanced transparency we've had from the front office, we still can't get a clear message about what is obviously one of the most important meetings in franchise history. We aren't asking for notarised minutes or anything, we would just like to know what day the metting is ACTUALLY going to happen.

It's incredible how unclear this has been. Back when Griffin got signed, he said he'd meet with AD. Fine. Then like two weeks after, we heard that they'd be meeting after the lottery. That didn't happen, then we learned they'd be meeting after the combine. Then that didn't happen, now we learn they're meeting yesterday. That didn't happen, now they're meeting at the end of the week.

Why can't two grown adults just set a date for a meeting and actually go to it? I don't understand that prevarication.
    Common sense tells me that there was meeting on Memorial Day holiday.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I understand your frustration, but why should they care at all about what we want? I'm sure there's a timeline in their mind and there's a reason for not being more transparent. Maybe it's better this way.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I understand your frustration, but why should they care at all about what we want? I'm sure there's a timeline in their mind and there's a reason for not being more transparent. Maybe it's better this way.
    They should care about what we want because we are the fans of the team, and there's no reason to alienate your fans over something that would cost you absolutely nothing. It would cost Griff and the FO absolutely $0 and about 30 seconds of time to clarify this, and it would make a lot of people feel more comfortable with what's happening.

Obviously they're under no obligation to tell us anything, but we all hated it when they did that in the past and it looked like they were going a different, more transparent direction.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Hahaha. That's awesome.
    Yeah, either he got bad info from his source initially or he was trying to see if Fletcher would pick it up and use him as a "source." The two seem to have continued their running feud.

Yeah, either he got bad info from his source initially or he was trying to see if Fletcher would pick it up and use him as a "source." The two seem to have continued their running feud.
    Would be cool if we could have some grown adults reporting on the team instead of two petty 15 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Common sense tells me that there was meeting on Memorial Day holiday.
    It was a pool party . Griff cooked the burgers too.

The Saints has minicamps . It will be on a day the Saints have nothing going on.

Oh ha! Is that MM? I was thinking only a tool would put ELITE in their name. All he does is throw mess at the wall. Most of the time it's "a had source" or he pretends he never claimed something would happen. Every now and then coincidences occur. He's never actually reported anything insider.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Oh ha! Is that MM? I was thinking only a tool would put ELITE in their name. All he does is throw mess at the wall. Most of the time it's "a had source" or he pretends he never claimed something would happen. Every now and then coincidences occur. He's never actually reported anything insider.
    Yeah it's MM.

It's funny because sometimes when he's just being open about things being his opinion, he can pretty decent. His posting about Zion inevitably having flaws in his game but being an incredible prospect anyway, and highlighting that Zion's athleticism isn't actually as excitin as his IQ, that's all true and is something a lot of Pelicans twitter needs to hear since they've been freaking out about the idea that Zion has any problems whatsoever. The last time he was on the In the N.O. pod he was pretty decent too.

But as a ''source'' for any information, you may as well flip a coin on whether he's right on any given thing.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Yeah it's MM.

It's funny because sometimes when he's just being open about things being his opinion, he can pretty decent. His posting about Zion inevitably having flaws in his game but being an incredible prospect anyway, and highlighting that Zion's athleticism isn't actually as excitin as his IQ, that's all true and is something a lot of Pelicans twitter needs to hear since they've been freaking out about the idea that Zion has any problems whatsoever. The last time he was on the In the N.O. pod he was pretty decent too.

But as a ''source'' for any information, you may as well flip a coin on whether he's right on any given thing.
    Well, the thing is- Normally he is right & wrong ! He always has several tosses of paint at the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Well, the thing is- Normally he is right & wrong ! He always has several tosses of paint at the wall.
    The whole ScoutWithBryan debacle has made me appreciate MM a lot more. MM may be terrible, but at least he's never tried to extort me for money.

Yet.

The whole ScoutWithBryan debacle has made me appreciate MM a lot more. MM may be terrible, but at least he's never tried to extort me for money.

Yet.
    There is that !

So far !

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm way out of the loop. Who the hell is ScoutBryan or whatever? What'd he do?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm way out of the loop. Who the hell is ScoutBryan or whatever? What'd he do?
    He apparently used to be a scout for the Washington Wizards. Now he's not working for the NBA anymore, and makes ''expert'' youtube videos and tweets a lot. He's also a horrible person. He recently got into a lot of drama because he was DM'ing long time followers on twitter telling them to either pay him or stop following him. Then he got very mad at people for pointing out that he doesn't appear to know what a zone is, and continued DM'ing them, telling them that he would make sure they never got a chance to work in the NBA if they kept on talking trash. He also DM'ed someone saying the he never watched college basketball when they asked him about some prospects, which (since he was a scout for them) explains why the Wizards are so garbage, hiring guys like that.

He also got into an argument with an old NBA player (can't remember which one) telling him that he doesn't know basketball cause he's never worked in a video room. Then he claimed that when he worked for the Wizards, the job got him tons of girls cause they loved his ''half zip team issued'' hoodies and bragged about taking girls on dates to the NBA practice facilities. Which is amazing.

When called out on all this nonsense, he proceeded to go on a blocking-spree across twitter, make at least two fake burner accounts to argue with people, and write up a multi-page semi-manifesto calling out twitter ''analytics'' nerds and generally having a meltdown.

Meltdown May caught a late one.

Edit: Here's one of the tweets from the burner accounts. It's absolute comedy gold.

Last edited by Pelicanidae; 05-28-2019 at 03:33 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What is it with people named Bryan and burner accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    What is it with people named Bryan and burner accounts?
    They're the only people with the ability to take girls on dates to the NBA practice facilities. They have the keys to everywhere. Except the operations annex.

He apparently used to be a scout for the Washington Wizards. Now he's not working for the NBA anymore, and makes ''expert'' youtube videos and tweets a lot. He's also a horrible person. He recently got into a lot of drama because he was DM'ing long time followers on twitter telling them to either pay him or stop following him. Then he got very mad at people for pointing out that he doesn't appear to know what a zone is, and continued DM'ing them, telling them that he would make sure they never got a chance to work in the NBA if they kept on talking trash. He also DM'ed someone saying the he never watched college basketball when they asked him about some prospects, which (since he was a scout for them) explains why the Wizards are so garbage, hiring guys like that.

He also got into an argument with an old NBA player (can't remember which one) telling him that he doesn't know basketball cause he's never worked in a video room. Then he claimed that when he worked for the Wizards, the job got him tons of girls cause they loved his ''half zip team issued'' hoodies and bragged about taking girls on dates to the NBA practice facilities. Which is amazing.

When called out on all this nonsense, he proceeded to go on a blocking-spree across twitter, make at least two fake burner accounts to argue with people, and write up a multi-page semi-manifesto calling out twitter ''analytics'' nerds and generally having a meltdown.

Edit: Here's one of the tweets from the burner accounts. It's absolute comedy gold.

If one HAD a job, now doesn't have a job ! Huh, then that probably means that I could that job & now be in the exact same place he is. So, can one deduce that I could probably do the job he did!?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    If one HAD a job, now doesn't have a job ! Huh, then that probably means that I could that job & now be in the exact same place he is. So, can one deduce that I could probably do the job he did!?
    Don't fool yourself.

They'd never give you a team issue half-zip hoodie.

This absolutely blows my mind because of the similarities to the Pels own troll. Like, gun to my head I'd have a hard time believing they weren't the same person.

I guess garbage people exist everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This absolutely blows my mind because of the similarities to the Pels own troll. Like, gun to my head I'd have a hard time believing they weren't the same person.

On one hand, I'm tempted to call it performance art, because it's such finely crafted BS.

On the other, he does just genuinely seem beyond toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

D O P P E L G A N G E R ? This forum has been known to house doppelgängers !

Don't fool yourself.

They'd never give you a team issue half-zip hoodie.
    Ouch!

Thread Information