Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AD and Griffin meeting Today

AD and Griffin meeting Today

AD, David Griffin and Trajan Langdon are meeting today.

— Preston Ellis (@PrestonEllis) May 27, 2019

I'd say hopefully we get some news sooner rather than later then, but I could easily imagine this meeting happening and us getting no leaks would be just our luck.
    Basketball.

How long would you give AD to thin about it? Surely he is not going to make a decision on the spot. THe longest I would give him is at least until the week before the draft. That is more than enough time for the Pels to put final touches on any plans moving forward including a potential AD trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    How long would you give AD to thin about it? Surely he is not going to make a decision on the spot. THe longest I would give him is at least until the week before the draft. That is more than enough time for the Pels to put final touches on any plans moving forward including a potential AD trade.
    He's had since his trade demand to think about it, and since the draft lottery to think about it again. As far as I'm concerned, Griffin should be expecting an answer today and whatever that answer is should be taken as final.

Griffin: Well, AD. I know you have been thinking about this meeting and what we will be discussing. I hope you were paying attention that we now have the first overall pick in the draft. Since I was hired, he have added Trajan as GM, have hired the best guy in the NBA to head up our training staff and have a heavy commitment from ownership for a lot more upgrades. It’s really hard for me to envision a brighter future for you in another location. I won’t waste your time. Are you all in?

Rich Paul: There is a lot for him to consider, so it might take a few weeks to decide.

AD: There is a lot for me to consider, so it might take a few weeks to decide.

Griffin: That’s fine guys. I can respect any decision you make. But I don’t think you have fully grasped the “All in or all out” concept. If what changes the organization has made to this point hasn’t made you excited about the future of this franchise, then I don’t know what to tell you, but it certainly doesn’t sound like “all in” to me. No hard feelings. I wish you well. I will do what I can to send you somewhere you will like better than New Orleans, but I am going to make the best deal I can for the Pelicans. Where did you say you would like to be traded besides LA? Because that ain’t happening.

AD: Rich!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    Griffin: Well, AD. I know you have been thinking about this meeting and what we will be discussing. I hope you were paying attention that we now have the first overall pick in the draft. Since I was hired, he have added Trajan as GM, have hired the best guy in the NBA to head up our training staff and have a heavy commitment from ownership for a lot more upgrades. It’s really hard for me to envision a brighter future for you in another location. I won’t waste your time. Are you all in?

Rich Paul: There is a lot for him to consider, so it might take a few weeks to decide.

Griffin: That’s fine guys. I can respect any decision you make. But I don’t think you have fully grasped the “All in or all out” concept. If what changes the organization has made to this point hasn’t made you excited about the future of this franchise, then I don’t know what to tell you, but it certainly doesn’t sound like “all in” to me. No hard feelings. I wish you well. I will do what I can to send you somewhere you will like better than New Orleans, but I am going to make the best deal I can for the Pelicans. Where did you say you would like to be traded besides LA? Because that ain’t happening.

Love this scenario! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post

This is hilarious man lol.

Can we get a PT.2???
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2019/5...y-trade-demand

''However, if the meeting goes well do not expect Davis to commit to the team long term on just one face-to-face sit down.''

Then he can leave. I find it really strange how people are acting like this meeting is single event in isolation, rather than the culmination of months of moves on the parts of both AD/Rich Paul and the franchise. If AD is going to stay, it won't be ''on just one face-to-face sit down'', it will be as a result of the firing of Dell Demps, the hiring of David Griffin, the acquiring of Aaron Nelson, the hiring of Trajan Langdon, and the acquisition of the #1 overall pick in Zion Williamson.

It almost sounds like Fisher is setting up an excuse for AD to waffle about this, a priori. Kind of silly, to me. This is not step one of the process of dealing with AD, this is the final stage: the decision gets made now, but it's been in the making since February.

Outside of explaining the current moves and commitment to AD. Possibly throw down the Super Max. What else is there left?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Outside of explaining the current moves and commitment to AD. Possibly throw down the Super Max. What else is there left?
    A shoe deal from Master P?

Time to shift gears from trade scenarios to how to fill in around the Pelicans’ big three?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    The Pelicans are going to want so much for AD that he will not necessarily go to a good team.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

''However, if the meeting goes well do not expect Davis to commit to the team long term on just one face-to-face sit down.''

Then he can leave. I find it really strange how people are acting like this meeting is single event in isolation, rather than the culmination of months of moves on the parts of both AD/Rich Paul and the franchise. If AD is going to stay, it won't be ''on just one face-to-face sit down'', it will be as a result of the firing of Dell Demps, the hiring of David Griffin, the acquiring of Aaron Nelson, the hiring of Trajan Langdon, and the acquisition of the #1 overall pick in Zion Williamson.

It almost sounds like Fisher is setting up an excuse for AD to waffle about this, a priori. Kind of silly, to me. This is not step one of the process of dealing with AD, this is the final stage: the decision gets made now, but it's been in the making since February.
    What was the quote? "You're either all in, or all out."

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    AD is all out. That’s all Folks. I don’t blame him one bit. It’s not just about winning. He wants more exposure, more fame, and a chance to play with Lebron James. We get tired of the same ole same ole. If you were in his shoes you’d really prefer NOLA over LA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing from Shamit either saying this happened today or this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    AD is all out. That’s all Folks. I don’t blame him one bit. It’s not just about winning. He wants more exposure, more fame, and a chance to play with Lebron James. We get tired of the same ole same ole. If you were in his shoes you’d really prefer NOLA over LA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You need a nice vacation in Seychelles or something. And it's the Lakers over Pelicans, not L.A. over NOLA.

L.A. got nothin’ I need.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Wait. So did the meeting happen or didn't it? I'm starting to hear conflicting stuff.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Wait. So did the meeting happen or didn't it? I'm starting to hear conflicting stuff.
    I'm pretty sure that they did not meet today
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

No meet

So, sounds like a meeting took place, but now there appear to be grades of meetings and THE meeting will take place later in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post

This was his post this morning (yet now says everyone needs to be patient) -

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

The decision does have to be made now. Almost everything possibly that could have changed and gone perfectly in our facor way since the AD announcement to now has. The only decision we would be waiting for now is AD to sign his extension. Unless he signs this deal then he will be moved. We will either enter the season with AD under contract or we will start life after AD. There is 0% chance AD is still on the roster without an extension when we start our season.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-27-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post

A meeting to prepare for the meeting? Is Trump the planner? This really should not be that hard. Then again we are talking about food here.

Shamit or BSS has nothing either. So nothing has happened.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-28-2019 at 12:26 AM.

Thread Information