Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Zion Information and News

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    I'd really love to see how much more explosive he can get once he gets actual nutritionist and nba weight training and he has that work ethic to work on his shot so I'm not worried about that at all

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Like I said, his shot isn't broken or anything. It's just the shot of a guy who has never really had to shoot before and is just picking it up now. He'll be fine.

I agree about the nutrition and weight training though. I wish he had taken combine measurements so we knew what his body fat is, but he's already pretty lean despite his huge muscle mass. Just for the sake of his ankles and knees, I think he'll probably be asked to drop around 15lbs, so that he's closer to Lebron's weight than Drummond's. He's going to be special.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Like I said, his shot isn't broken or anything. It's just the shot of a guy who has never really had to shoot before and is just picking it up now. He'll be fine.

I agree about the nutrition and weight training though. I wish he had taken combine measurements so we knew what his body fat is, but he's already pretty lean despite his huge muscle mass. Just for the sake of his ankles and knees, I think he'll probably be asked to drop around 15lbs, so that he's closer to Lebron's weight than Drummond's. He's going to be special.
    Yeah u think mm mentioned it and Ik everyone hates him but it is a good idea basically hiring ppl now to be all zion taking care of things like weight and all of that and just put them on payroll like they're staff lol

Yeah u think mm mentioned it and Ik everyone hates him but it is a good idea basically hiring ppl now to be all zion taking care of things like weight and all of that and just put them on payroll like they're staff lol

Most teams, as far as I'm aware, already have nutritionists and trainers on staff in abundance. I'm sure they'll have someone working with Zion to make sure his diet and training regimen is right for him, and to work on any muscular imbalances he may have from sub-par historical training.

The scouting guy Brian Schroeder, who is on twitter under the name TS% Eliot and who is very good, described Zion once as the ''perfect halfway point between Shaq and prime D Rose'', in terms of athleticism and strength, which I think is perfect.

Most teams, as far as I'm aware, already have nutritionists and trainers on staff in abundance. I'm sure they'll have someone working with Zion to make sure his diet and training regimen is right for him, and to work on any muscular imbalances he may have from sub-par historical training.

The scouting guy Brian Schroeder, who is on twitter under the name TS% Eliot and who is very good, described Zion once as the ''perfect halfway point between Shaq and prime D Rose'', in terms of athleticism and strength, which I think is perfect.
    only bad thing neither can shoot lol but still good god lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    What’s Zion’s nickname? Human highlight reel? Elevator Man? Lord Zion?

I like Lord Zion. Kings will bow to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only bad thing neither can shoot lol but still good god lol

D Rose can shoot now He was a 37% 3pt guy this season on something like 3 shots a game, if I remember. If Zion can reach that level, I'll be pretty happy tbh

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    What’s Zion’s nickname? Human highlight reel? Elevator Man? Lord Zion?

I like Lord Zion. Kings will bow to him.

he's named after the city in the matrix if what's his face wasn't named the matrix that be it lmao

he's named after the city in the matrix if what's his face wasn't named the matrix that be it lmao

He's named after Mt Zion, the mountain in Israel, which itself is named after Zion, the Jewish Holy Land and promised place.

The city in the Matrix is also named after that promised place. That's why it's the special safe place for humans who have escaped the Matrix: it's like their holy land. It fits in with the entire ''Neo is Jesus'' metaphor that the sequels ran with.

He's named after Mt Zion, the mountain in Israel, which itself is named after Zion, the Jewish Holy Land and promised place.

The city in the Matrix is also named after that promised place. That's why it's the special safe place for humans who have escaped the Matrix: it's like their holy land. It fits in with the entire ''Neo is Jesus'' metaphor that the sequels ran with.
    thanks for the history lesson lol ots not that serious and was meant as a joke I didn't actually mean he was named after a city in the ********ing matrix

thanks for the history lesson lol ots not that serious and was meant as a joke I didn't actually mean he was named after a city in the ********ing matrix

You're welcome. Learn something new every day, yadda yadda.

It was not a joke. Nobody jokes on the internet. Everyone is 100% serious all the time, especially me, who would never give a purposefully over-literal answer for the sake of underplayed comedic effect.

Never.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    You're welcome. Learn something new every day, yadda yadda.

It was not a joke. Nobody jokes on the internet. Everyone is 100% serious all the time, especially me, who would never give a purposefully over-literal answer for the sake of underplayed comedic effect.

Never.
    He shall be called ZANOS! Duke teammates called him that. ZANOS works for me.

can't wait to hear the chants...ZI ON! ZI ON! ZI ON!

Zion touchdown in New Orleans incoming!

Zion touchdown in New Orleans incoming!
    from Scott Kushner: The Pelicans’ top brass loved basically everything they’ve learned about Zion Williamson on background, & raved about meeting with him & family in Chicago.

This week’s visit to New Orleans is a chance for Zion to cement all of those fond notions and lock down No. 1 pick.

New Orleans locals will have to tell me whether this was a good choice for Gayle, Gentry, and Griff, or whether they made a grave mistake.

Thread Information