Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zion Information and News

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    What are you talking about? Is there a single NBA player with a deal so strict that they are only allowed to wear that brands shoes at all times? Even LeBron walks around in vans sometimes and he's the single best selling player shoe Nike has on contract. The idea that Zion wouldn't wear a pair of ugly shoes for $20m is absurd.
    I’ll bet you $20m and a role in the major movie “Baller Blockin 2”, that I intend to self finance, that Zion doesn’t sign a shoe deal with MoneYatti!
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 05-27-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I’ll bet you $20m and a role in the major movie “Baller Blockin 2”, that I intend to self finance that Zion doesn’t sign a shoe deal with MoneYatti!
    I never said he would. You're arguing with a fictional character you've invented.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    To be fair, most shoe deals, especially for the biggest names, do have clauses like this. And they absolutely have exclusivity clauses that say that a player can't sign a shoe deal with another company.
    Which is a fair argument, although I feel like due to the bidding war for Zion, he'd easy be able to stipulate a requirement that he allowed to wear whatever off-court, and at least one or two of the many companies vying for his name would make the concession.

The point is that "any deal he'll sign will give him shoes to wear off-court too" is a terrible argument, because multiple athletes with shoe deals wear other shoes off court. Even big name flagship deals like Lebrons.

I asked him if he could loan me $20m and he said...."I ain't got it".

Also... we are really calling "I Got the Hook Up 2" a major movie???

And also... whoever signs Zion to a major shoe deal ain't letting him wear those grass cutting MoneYatti shoes off the court!

Edit: But Master P is still a marketing genius. He brought nothing to the table and yet we're talking about his shoe line and his movie! Gotta respect it.
    But you're not bringing anything logical or tangible to the table. All you're saying is it wont happen with some bad jokes to back that up.

And yes I'd call it a major movie since it has a major distribution deal for theaters all across the country and has some major comedians in it. Why would you say its not?

And why do you call those shoes "grass cutting" exactly? Did Master P pee in your cornflakes or something? They look pretty damn good to me. Much better than a lot of these other designer shoes that look like throw up. Outside of a couple Jordan lines and 95 Airmax, Nike continuously puts out garbage.
    Last edited by luckyman; 05-27-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    But you're not bringing anything logical or tangible to the table. All you're saying is it wont happen with some bad jokes to back that up.

And yes I'd call it a major movie since it has a major distribution deal for theaters all across the country and has some major comedians in it. Why would you say its not?

And why do you call those shoes "grass cutting" exactly? Did Master P pee in your cornflakes or something? They look pretty damn good to me. Much better than a lot of these other designer shoes that look like throw up. Outside of a couple Jordan lines and 95 Airmax, Nike continuously puts out garbage.
    Man... it’s 2019! If you’re expecting a quality discussion centered around anything related to Master P ...I can’t help you! All I got for you is these “bad” jokes!

LOLOL, I get flamed for suggesting Jay Electronica be involved with in game music. But a Master P shoe deal?! HAAAA Comparing him to Drake!? I don't even need to google streaming stats and album sales over the last decade. He wants to hand Zion 20 million fo sometimes shoes and to be the next Big Baller Brand, no thanks. I'd be shocked if Zion even knows who Master P is... Make him say huh?!

I really hope Zion and his family stay far away from coat tailing clowns.

Generational talents don't take $20 million dollar shoe deals from people with a net worth less than their 1st max deal. AD could sign a piece of paper for a contract 70 million over Master P's net worth.

I really mean no disrespect for P. Miller, more power to them trying to get a star associated with their brand to grow their business but I did watch a video recently where he said his brand was so tight they didn't need to pay for endorsements. He should go after Tacko or Bol Bol. "No Limit Shoe Size" ya herd me

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    LOLOL, I get flamed for suggesting Jay Electronica be involved with in game music. But a Master P shoe deal?! HAAAA Comparing him to Drake!? I don't even need to google streaming stats and album sales over the last decade. He wants to hand Zion 20 million fo sometimes shoes and to be the next Big Baller Brand, no thanks. I'd be shocked if Zion even knows who Master P is... Make him say huh?!

Generational talents don't take $20 million dollar shoe deals from people with a net worth less than their 1st max deal. AD could sign a piece of paper for a contract 70 million over Master P's net worth.

I really mean no disrespect for P. Miller, more power to them trying to get a star associated with their brand to grow their business but I did watch a video recently where he said his brand was so tight they didn't need to pay for endorsements. He should go after Tacko or Bol Bol. "No Limit Shoe Size" ya herd me
    No one flamed you for suggesting Jay Electronica in principle, they just pointed out that Jay Electronica hasn't even released his OWN music for damn near a decade so getting him to do music for a basketball team he's never showed particular interest in is gonna be a bit of a stretch.

Nobody was comparing him to Drake in terms of current album sales, just in terms of being a celebrity fan associated with a team.

No one flamed you for suggesting Jay Electronica in principle, they just pointed out that Jay Electronica hasn't even released his OWN music for damn near a decade so getting him to do music for a basketball team he's never showed particular interest in is gonna be a bit of a stretch.

Nobody was comparing him to Drake in terms of current album sales, just in terms of being a celebrity fan associated with a team.
    TMZ gotta get clicks, am I rite?

Drake is an A list celeb. Master P is maaaybe a C list? Comparing them in that way or any other regarding the degree of relevance in their fandom is bound to bring up comparisons of their overall relevance duuude. I know you're a sharp tack but you always miss the point.

Everyone is wrong but me.

Mannie Fresh should clearly be the celebrity ambassador and do the music in arena.

Honestly, it’s not even close.

Whats going on here is purely psychological. All you see is the "Master P" name and your brain floods with 2nd class, unprofessional, "less than" with no real reason. Thats why all these arguments seem emotional and make no real sense. The hell kinda name does Drake have in the business world?

You aren't even dicussing the shoe in question. Probably didnt even bother to look at them. The mere fact that you would lump his product in with Big Baller is proof. Why would you do that? What do they have in common exactly besides both being shoes?

And no, Anthony Davis couldnt sign a piece of paper $70 million over Master P's current net worth. You need to learn what time value of money is.

You aren't even dicussing the shoe in question. Probably didnt even bother to look at them.
    Yeah, that's pretty clear as well. I've looked at the shoes and while they're not my personal style, they do fit very comfortably into the current trend of high fashion shoes being put out by all kinds of companies. The idea that they're somehow totally 'out' right now is kind of weird.

Drake is an A list celeb. Master P is maaaybe a C list? Comparing them in that way or any other regarding the degree of relevance in their fandom is bound to bring up comparisons of their overall relevance duuude. I know you're a sharp tack but you always miss the point.

I just dont understand the pushback. If Master P wants to offer Zion $20 million to promote and wear his shoe line OFF court, whats the problem again?

I just dont understand the pushback. If Master P wants to offer Zion $20 million to promote and wear his shoe line OFF court, whats the problem again?
    Master P is secretly broke and the shoes are ugly (and we should all care if Zion wears ugly shoes or not) and Drake is cooler than Master P, and we should care about all of this apparently.

Mannie Fresh should clearly be the celebrity ambassador and do the music in arena.

Honestly, it’s not even close.

B.S.S. Shamit, Bird Writes all good credible sites.

Google is your friend guys. Master P is far from broke. Just because he hasn't dropped a CD in 20 years doesn't mean he has no money. Anybody that knows anything about P knows he has his hands in a ton of things outside of music.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Google is your friend guys. Master P is far from broke. Just because he hasn't dropped a CD in 20 years doesn't mean he has no money. Anybody that knows anything about P knows he has his hands in a ton of things outside of music.
    I need to see his tax returns.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

Master P used to be a BIG freakin' deal. He's really stayed out of the light lately though.

Not 100% confirmed or anything, but it seems that CAA may be the favourites to secure Zion as a client, not Klutch.

And this may be worth noting: he's not in the NBA, but CAA also represents Drew Brees.

Zion said "Klutch deez".

Pels just posted a zion draft profile and highlights in their homepage... Zion #1 go go go

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/2019-nb...ion-williamson

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/video/t...efinal-2633849

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    Pels just posted a zion draft profile and highlights in their homepage... Zion #1 go go go

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/2019-nb...ion-williamson

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/video/t...efinal-2633849
    Good post! I'd like to add a few adjustments to that first draft profile that I think they're missing.

Under defense, they note that ''an SB Nation headline touted that his “best skill is actually his defense,” referencing his ability to create turnovers and protect the basket.''

That's a huge trivialisation, probably by accident, but still. Zion's abilities to create turnovers and protect the basket are obviously super important, but they are probably the least impressive part of his defense. His ability to guard down on much smaller guys is impressive, his ability to turn his hips despite his large frame, his high and quick hands, and his anticipation, as well as his knowledge on help defense, are all less high-light-worthy, but way more important than just getting blocks, and it needs to be noted.

It doesn't mention his passing or ballhandling at all, which I think have been largely overlooked. He has shown real ability as a passer that I think will translate very well to the NBA, especially when paired with more ballhandling responsibilities, where he's very capable.

The points about his shot are very true, it is a little flat, although I don't entirely agree with the idea that it's awkwardly from the side of his head. That's not that true. It's a little bit off center, sure, which is a problem, but it's not like it's an MKG shot or anything. Zion shoots like someone who's never had to shoot before and is just learning how. Which makes sense, cause that's what he is. Give him a year under a competent training staff and he'll be a decent shooter, book it. Doubt he'll ever be 40%, but I can see 34% just fine.

Good post! I'd like to add a few adjustments to that first draft profile that I think they're missing.

Under defense, they note that ''an SB Nation headline touted that his “best skill is actually his defense,” referencing his ability to create turnovers and protect the basket.''

That's a huge trivialisation, probably by accident, but still. Zion's abilities to create turnovers and protect the basket are obviously super important, but they are probably the least impressive part of his defense. His ability to guard down on much smaller guys is impressive, his ability to turn his hips despite his large frame, his high and quick hands, and his anticipation, as well as his knowledge on help defense, are all less high-light-worthy, but way more important than just getting blocks, and it needs to be noted.

It doesn't mention his passing or ballhandling at all, which I think have been largely overlooked. He has shown real ability as a passer that I think will translate very well to the NBA, especially when paired with more ballhandling responsibilities, where he's very capable.

The points about his shot are very true, it is a little flat, although I don't entirely agree with the idea that it's awkwardly from the side of his head. That's not that true. It's a little bit off center, sure, which is a problem, but it's not like it's an MKG shot or anything. Zion shoots like someone who's never had to shoot before and is just learning how. Which makes sense, cause that's what he is. Give him a year under a competent training staff and he'll be a decent shooter, book it. Doubt he'll ever be 40%, but I can see 34% just fine.
    I'd really love to see how much more explosive he can get once he gets actual nutritionist and nba weight training and he has that work ethic to work on his shot so I'm not worried about that at all

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Thread Information