Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Case for Lonzo Ball

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Cant we just agree that this guy shouldn’t be on our team and should be traded if we make a Lakers deal?

Agreed!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Any time you're talking about a 21 year old multi-millionaire professional and you have to start it with ''his dad said'', it almost always sounds really depressing.
    AD's dad said he wouldn't resign in Boston. 21 is very different from 41 - these dudes are still pretty young. I'm glad these dudes have dads in their lives that they can look to for advice and that have what they think is the best interest of their kids as their #1 priority and focus.

Zion's stepdad went on a local radio show a few days after he was drafted. Fortunately, everything he said was what we hoped to hear, but if he said Zion was disappointed with being drafted by the Pelicans - we'd think he was the devil.

Shaq's stepdad was very much so a part of his life in the NBA. There just wasn't twitter.

Klay Thompson's dad has been vocal throughout his career.

Kawhi's uncle got vilified 12 months ago. That whole thing seems to be working out well for Kawhi now.

I'm just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    AD's dad said he wouldn't resign in Boston. 21 is very different from 41 - these dudes are still pretty young. I'm glad these dudes have dads in their lives that they can look to for advice and that have what they think is the best interest of their kids as their #1 priority and focus.

Zion's stepdad went on a local radio show a few days after he was drafted. Fortunately, everything he said was what we hoped to hear, but if he said Zion was disappointed with being drafted by the Pelicans - we'd think he was the devil.

Shaq's stepdad was very much so a part of his life in the NBA. There just wasn't twitter.

Klay Thompson's dad has been vocal throughout his career.

Kawhi's uncle got vilified 12 months ago. That whole thing seems to be working out well for Kawhi now.

I'm just saying...
    There's a little bit of a difference between AD's dad making a few media comments and Lavar Ball's 24/7 3 year long media circus extravaganza, I think we can all agree. Even so, I do think that it was a very weak move of AD to have his dad make comments like that and then go on TV himself and shy away from them making stupid ''there are 29 teams on my list'' comments. Yeah, I think that's soft.

Zion is 18 years old and while he has been a celebrity for a little while due to college ball, it's important to remember that. AD is 26 and has been a national celebrity for damn near a decade. Lonzo was a huge name in college just like Zion, and then also has 2+ years of actual NBA experience.

Klay Thompson's dad has never (to my knowledge) gone on TV and had a shouting match with Stephen A Smith and declared that his son is the next Magic Johnson. It's an entirely different level of thing.

Nobody is saying that Lonzo shouldn't talk to his dad. Nobody has a problem with that, and in fact I think we all agree that it's probably a smart idea to talk to your family about the big events in your life. There's a difference between that, and taking a back seat in your own career and letting your dad run your life for you.

21 years old is old enough to have a backbone.
    Basketball.

These dudes play basketball.

I don't care how long they've been in the spotlight, there are grown folks who are trained to be communicators and decision makers who don't quite get it right. Give C-SPAN a watch.

These are dudes ...in their 20s .... who play basketball. I don't expect anything more.

LaVar is an entertainer. If their ratings/clicks didn't spike whenever dude showed up or opened his mouth, ESPN and other networks wouldn't blast his thoughts out to a national audience. He'd be just like AD's dad and 500 others in the NCAA/NBA/NFL. And other than saying he didn't want Lonzo going to a team with an established PG (I wouldn't want my PG son going midseason to a team with an established PG either), hasn't LaVar been pretty quiet for the last two years?? I know he threw Magic and Luke under the bus in February - but everything he said has proven to be 100% true - he just probably shouldn't have said it! AD's dad had similar opinions of the coaches and folks running the team when Monty was here... and he expressed them to anyone in the Capital One Club after the game that was in earshot. He just didn't get to go on Skip or Stephen A's shows, and media circus in New Orleans is nothing compared to the circus around the Lakers in Los Angeles.

If Lonzo can push the pace, play killer defense alongside Jrue, and average a double double... he's worth having in a Pels uniform. Who doesn't want to hear the weekly Bobby Hebert interview with LaVar Ball?!?!?!

These dudes play basketball.

I don't care how long they've been in the spotlight, there are grown folks who are trained to be communicators and decision makers who don't quite get it right. Give C-SPAN a watch.

These are dudes ...in their 20s .... who play basketball. I don't expect anything more.

LaVar is an entertainer. If their ratings/clicks didn't spike whenever dude showed up or opened his mouth, ESPN and other networks wouldn't blast his thoughts out to a national audience. He'd be just like AD's dad and 500 others in the NCAA/NBA/NFL. And other than saying he didn't want Lonzo going to a team with an established PG (I wouldn't want my PG son going midseason to a team with an established PG either), hasn't LaVar been pretty quiet for the last two years?? I know he threw Magic and Luke under the bus in February - but everything he said has proven to be 100% true - he just probably shouldn't have said it! AD's dad had similar opinions of the coaches and folks running the team when Monty was here... and he expressed them to anyone in the Capital One Club after the game that was in earshot. He just didn't get to go on Skip or Stephen A's shows, and media circus in New Orleans is nothing compared to the circus around the Lakers in Los Angeles.

If Lonzo can push the pace, play killer defense alongside Jrue, and average a double double... he's worth having in a Pels uniform. Who doesn't want to hear the weekly Bobby Hebert interview with LaVar Ball?!?!?!
    Hasn't Lavar been pretty quiet for 2 years, you ask, and then immediately give an example of him literally three months ago running his mouth about interpersonal relationships adding more drama to an already collapsing franchise.

And no, he hasn't. He had his whole stupid international league thing where he paraded his sons around playing awful basketball in Europe, then of course the expansion and subsequent collapse of the shoe brand, and these comments we're discussing where again, this season, he was out and about making comments about where his sons will and won't play. He's been quiet-ER than he was before Lonzo got drafted, but he's still mouthing off every time someone gives him a chance.

And then immediately after a post where you try and make it clear that LaVar isn't that big of a problem, you go ''oh well, who DOESN'T wanna hear LaVar every week!?!!?!?!?!''. Either LaVar isn't a big deal and he's quiet now, or he's going to be doing weekly drama interviews. Can't be both.

Here's an example: me. I don't want LaVar around this team. I don't want that loudmouthed idiot anywhere near this franchise, if at all possible. I'm not going to dispute the stuff about Lonzo's actual on-court game because I've done it already a bunch of times in this thread and I'm made my critique of his game very clear, but no, he's not worth having in a Pels uniform.

Edit: and if you don't think that Lonzo could have gone to his dad and said ''I get that you're just trying to make the best future for me and support my career, but sometimes the drama can be counterproductive. I'd appreciate it if you were a little less public about my life and career.'' then something is extremely weird. Lonzo could easily have done that.

Hasn't Lavar been pretty quiet for 2 years, you ask, and then immediately give an example of him literally three months ago running his mouth about interpersonal relationships adding more drama to an already collapsing franchise.

And no, he hasn't. He had his whole stupid international league thing where he paraded his sons around playing awful basketball in Europe, then of course the expansion and subsequent collapse of the shoe brand, and these comments we're discussing where again, this season, he was out and about making comments about where his sons will and won't play. He's been quiet-ER than he was before Lonzo got drafted, but he's still mouthing off every time someone gives him a chance.

And then immediately after a post where you try and make it clear that LaVar isn't that big of a problem, you go ''oh well, who DOESN'T wanna hear LaVar every week!?!!?!?!?!''. Either LaVar isn't a big deal and he's quiet now, or he's going to be doing weekly drama interviews. Can't be both.

Here's an example: me. I don't want LaVar around this team. I don't want that loudmouthed idiot anywhere near this franchise, if at all possible. I'm not going to dispute the stuff about Lonzo's actual on-court game because I've done it already a bunch of times in this thread and I'm made my critique of his game very clear, but no, he's not worth having in a Pels uniform.

Edit: and if you don't think that Lonzo could have gone to his dad and said ''I get that you're just trying to make the best future for me and support my career, but sometimes the drama can be counterproductive. I'd appreciate it if you were a little less public about my life and career.'' then something is extremely weird. Lonzo could easily have done that.
    I disagree!! Give me all the LaVar on "the Big 870 with Deke and Bobby" that the local radio station can program! I'm not as triggered by LaVar as most. At least with him, there's transparency! With some of these other sports parents they're like termites that go about the business of gnawing on your wood until one day your foot steps through the deck.

I really do get why LaVar triggers so many of ya'll... I just find him no different than Bundini Brown! He entertains me! Griff was able to tolerate and build success around LeBron, Kyrie, Shumpert, and JR Smith!! I'd be surprised if he even blinks at the little big top that is LaVar.

(how many weeks do we have to discuss this before the draft and hopefully a trade? And then we have to wait how many weeks before the season starts?)

I disagree!! Give me all the LaVar on "the Big 870 with Deke and Bobby" that the local radio station can program! I'm not as triggered by LaVar as most. At least with him, there's transparency! With some of these other sports parents they're like termites that go about the business of gnawing on your wood until one day your foot steps through the deck.

I really do get why LaVar triggers so many of ya'll... I just find him no different than Bundini Brown! He entertains me! Griff was able to tolerate and build success around LeBron, Kyrie, Shumpert, and JR Smith!! I'd be surprised if he even blinks at the little big top that is LaVar.

(how many weeks do we have to discuss this before the draft and hopefully a trade? And then we have to wait how many weeks before the season starts?)
    The fact that Griff was able to tolerate JR Smith doesn't mean it's a good thing that we should aim to repeat. Paul Pierce got stabbed and played the entire full season after, but I doubt he'd recommend getting knifed up just because he dealt with it that one time.

Draft's on June 20th. And then it's several months before the season starts.

The fact that Griff was able to tolerate JR Smith doesn't mean it's a good thing that we should aim to repeat. Paul Pierce got stabbed and played the entire full season after, but I doubt he'd recommend getting knifed up just because he dealt with it that one time.

Draft's on June 20th. And then it's several months before the season starts.
    I remember when Paul Pierce was stabbed! I'm pretty sure he pronounced himself dead after the first wound.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Cant we just agree that this guy shouldn’t be on our team and should be traded if we make a Lakers deal?

amen

I’m gonna trust Griffin if he brings in Ball then I’m good with it , I’m a little higher on the Lakers prospects than others but they wouldn’t be my first choice but if they do Hart , Ingram , Ball , Kuzma and the 4pick that’s a decent team with plenty of upside .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we're pretty much on the same page, all of us, when it comes to this: whichever trade Griffin makes, whether it's the one we preferred or not, we all hope that it works out well.

So I don't really like the Lakers deal. But if we make it, then I will hope to God that I was wrong, and that Lonzo learns to shoot and Ingram learns defense and stays healthy and that the #4 pick in Culver turns out to be an all-star level player.

I'm not interested in Ball or his crazy ****** family. Nothing exciting about his game.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I’d rather get the 4th pick and draft Darius Garland and resign Elfrid. Lonzo can go to PHX or CHI for the 6th or 7th pick. I will not accept a 42 percent free throw shooter on this team. Hell no. I’d rather a rookie with potential to be better than Lonzo than Lonzo and his family drama. We need guys who can shoot.

Our team can get out in transition with Elfrid and Jrue, Zion and if we resign Randle he can push the pace too. Lonzo is not worth it. Terrible fit.

I’d rather: Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Darius Garland, and (with the 6th pick select one of the following Jaxson Hayes, Deandre Hunter, Sekou D, Bol Bol, Culver, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad we moved on.

https://twitter.com/ChicagoSports/st...31144742871044

Yeah, donovan said he's still not even close to running and it's been nearly a year since his last game.

As Bulls writer Ricky O'donnell puts it:

Yeah, donovan said he's still not even close to running and it's been nearly a year since his last game.

As Bulls writer Ricky O'donnell puts it:

This has to be so depressing and frustrating to deal with
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

As absurd as the disingenuous argument about the "lack of value" the Pelicans got in exchange for Lonzo was, is it actually possible it turns out that the Pelicans still end up getting more actual value out of the sign and trade than the Bulls?

Thread Information