Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Case for Lonzo Ball

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    This is false.

His dad said they didn't want him to be traded to NOLA because we already had an established PG. If we don't resign Payton and Jrue is slotted at SG (as he should be), that's not a big deal.

It's time to put this quote to bed or at least use it in its entirety. Not out of context.

That being said, I'm not a fan of Ball and would rather he not be here.
    Not false. His dad DID say that. I did not quote WHY he said it only that he did. Just because I did not quote the reason why does not negate the fact that he said he will not play in New Orleans.

ALSO, he said this: "The reason was weather-related, surprisingly. LaVar wants Lonzo in Phoenix playing for the Suns, eventually alongside his two brothers."

https://thespun.com/nba/los-angeles-...in-new-orleans

SO there is that. Please do your homework before correcting others. It is bad form.

That's just sad.

Double down.

Dude.

So first you cut off the end of a quote to suit your purpose....more likely you were just fooled by a sensational headline and repeated it here. You then find another sensational headline story that takes a quote from LeVar that he wants his sons in Phoenix because they hate cold weather and try to use that to defend your stance that he will refuse to play in NOLA? Because of all the cold weather?

Just. Stop.

And stop making me defend the Ball family!!!

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    That's just sad.

Double down.

Dude.

So first you cut off the end of a quote to suit your purpose....more likely you were just fooled by a sensational headline and repeated it here. You then find another sensational headline story that takes a quote from LeVar that he wants his sons in Phoenix because they hate cold weather and try to use that to defend your stance that he will refuse to play in NOLA? Because of all the cold weather?

Just. Stop.

And stop making me defend the Ball family!!!
    Lol...so even though there are multiple sources stating he said t, you cannot accept it. lol #TruthHurts #AcceptTheTruth

Not sure why you are so passionate about changing the narrative.

BTW...if you believe it, then prove that he didn't say it. lol Good luck with that one!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    Lol...so even though there are multiple sources stating he said t, you cannot accept it. lol #TruthHurts #AcceptTheTruth

Not sure why you are so passionate about changing the narrative.

BTW...if you believe it, then prove that he didn't say it. lol Good luck with that one!
    "Multiple sources" in media speak means One Source that the rest of the lazy arse media echo's .
    Just because multiple outlets report it doesn't mean they independently corroborated it.
    It means they heard 1 dude say it & repeated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    "Multiple sources" in media speak means One Source that the rest of the lazy arse media echo's .
    Just because multiple outlets report it doesn't mean they independently corroborated it.
    It means they heard 1 dude say it & repeated it.
    ONce again. Prove that he didn't say it. When news broke about Zion not wanting to come to New Orleans and/or going back to Duke there were numerous sources (yes more than one) that squashed it pretty quick. Please provide the same type of proof that this was not the case for Ball. If it was not true then surely someone released a statemen or something clarifying right? The point is his dad does not want him in New Orleans no matter what the reason. WHy is that so hard to believe? lol

ONce again. Prove that he didn't say it. When news broke about Zion not wanting to come to New Orleans and/or going back to Duke there were numerous sources (yes more than one) that squashed it pretty quick. Please provide the same type of proof that this was not the case for Ball. If it was not true then surely someone released a statemen or something clarifying right? The point is his dad does not want him in New Orleans no matter what the reason. WHy is that so hard to believe? lol
    Oh, you're one of those "try to disprove a negative" folks. That's funny.

That's like proving I didn't say something that I was accused of saying . If I didn't say it, how Exactly am I supposed to prove it?
    Last edited by Tinman; 05-26-2019 at 12:53 PM.

I don’t much care whether Lonzo’s daddy said he doesn’t want to play in New Orleans or not. Lavar has said enough other stupid fecal matter that I wouldn’t want that near the team being built here. The main issue for me is that he and Ingram plus picks is not nearly good enough to me for the Pelicans to trade AD to the Lakers. If you have two relatively equal deals on the table and one of them is the Lakers, you trade AD to the other team. The Lakers should be off the table for consideration. Griffin can string them along if he likes, making them miss out on other players, but absent a franchise altering deal that also hurts the Lakers for years, I would not entertain the notion that AD ends up there. The Ball sideshow is just another legitimate reason not to deal with them.

This is where ESPN reported it and they name the source quoting lavar.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ll-new-orleans

Eric Gordon version 2. Pass on Ball

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    This is where ESPN reported it and they name the source quoting lavar.

Did you here Lavar say it ?
    Hey, Jackie Mac said Gayle Benson told L.A. "Over my dead body" . Sooo!
    Point being- The media is not to be trusted. They are more interested in Hot headline FIRST than being right.
    Last edited by Tinman; 05-26-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Point being- The media is not to be trusted. They are more interested in Hot headline FIRST than being right.
    just posting the info...take it for what it is. I personally never spoke to Lavar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    just posting the info...take it for what it is. I personally never spoke to Lavar.
    Understood. We don't know if anyone actually spoke to Lavar. The media said it happened. Heaven knows the media never fibs.

At least Gayle denied it publicly. Lavar never did.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    At least Gayle denied it publicly. Lavar never did.
    Cmon, that's a ridiculous comparison.
    She's an Owner & that type of statement reflects on more than just her.
    Lavar is a nobody & you don't know if he denied it or not . Although he was probably never asked, because nobody cares.

Cmon, that's a ridiculous comparison.
    She's an Owner & that type of statement reflects on more than just her.
    Lavar is a nobody & you don't know if he denied it or not . Although he was probably never asked, because nobody cares.
    Are you kidding me? When has Lavar EVER shied away from the media or making his point known? There are even quotes from him about wanting to go to Phoenix I believe.

Man, I'm wondering if you may be the doppelgänger of someone else on this forum?. The antics, demeanor & lol's are eerily familiar . Hmmmm!

Bad example. Gayle later came out and publicly denied this as a previous poster stated.

I think it is funny you give that family more credibility than they deserve. lol

They do not want to be in NOLA and that is ok.

Check out the 1:07 mark.

I'll just leave this right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YF7N6Iy2xQ

Man, I'm wondering if you may be the doppelgänger of someone else on this forum?. The antics, demeanor & lol's are eerily familiar . Hmmmm!
    Nope, believe what you want. If you want to chat personally I am more than happy to give you my number and we can chat. IM me or otherwise stop with conspiracy theories.

Are you kidding me? When has Lavar EVER shied away from the media or making his point known? There are even quotes from him about wanting to go to Phoenix I believe.

THIS!!!

I am actually surprised he didn't say more!

The lost point is amazing. 1) A so-called source told the media that Lavar said something.
    And now
    2) because Lavar didn't rebutt it, it must be true. He has said so many outlandish things, this is probably a blip on his importance meter.
    Also, NO, I'm not kidding. The comparison is ridiculous because a) Benson HAD to respond out of necessity. Lavar, if he chooses to respond is because of his appetite for being a goon. NOT out of necessity.
    I'm not sure how you can not see the difference.

THIS!!!

I am actually surprised he didn't say more!
    Repeat- Benson HAD to respond. If there was no response, it would've made the entire organization look silly.
    The only reason Lavar would respond is if he thought it would raise cane & benefit him.

Nope, believe what you want. If you want to chat personally I am more than happy to give you my number and we can chat. IM me or otherwise stop with conspiracy theories.
    Uh oh!

The lost point is amazing. 1) A so-called source told the media that Lavar said something.
    And now
    2) because Lavar didn't rebutt it, it must be true. He has said so many outlandish things, this is probably a blip on his importance meter.
    Also, NO, I'm not kidding. The comparison is ridiculous because a) Benson HAD to respond out of necessity. Lavar, if he chooses to respond is because of his appetite for being a goon. NOT out of necessity.
    I'm not sure how you can not see the difference.
    This is pointless. ESPN quoted him. Ugh...you need to do some research.

This is pointless. ESPN quoted him. Ugh...you need to do some research.
    Did you really circle back to that?
    So ,because ESPN reported it, it must be true. Oh Lord.
    That good ole Jackie Mc got it right (of ESPN). Oh wait, nevermind.
    ESPN quoted a SOURCE .

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Cant we just agree that this guy shouldn’t be on our team and should be traded if we make a Lakers deal?

Thread Information