Pelicans Report

Thread: First time poster, long time viewer.

First time poster, long time viewer.

Hey guys, I’ve religiously viewed this forum for years but have just decided to post because I had a topic I wanted to see discuss that I haven’t seen discussed thus far. We are all up to date on AD and potential packages for him, but what packages do you think we could get if we traded Jrue? I love Jrue as a player and am not saying we need to trade him I just am curious what returns you guys think we could net and what it would take for you to bite? Also what could we net packaging AD and Jrue together? Curious for you guys input hopefully this isn’t a stupid topic.

Quote Originally Posted by MtZion View Post
    Hey guys, I’ve religiously viewed this forum for years but have just decided to post because I had a topic I wanted to see discuss that I haven’t seen discussed thus far. We are all up to date on AD and potential packages for him, but what packages do you think we could get if we traded Jrue? I love Jrue as a player and am not saying we need to trade him I just am curious what returns you guys think we could net and what it would take for you to bite? Also what could we net packaging AD and Jrue together? Curious for you guys input hopefully this isn’t a stupid topic.
    Ignore the troll. I think this is a great question and topic for discussion. At this point, doesn't everything have to be considered and put on the table? I true rebuild around Zion would require a full exorcism of the roster, however I think the veteran presence of Holiday would help more than hurt. I think he stays. ALso, check this out:

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2019/5...n-coach-mike-g

Thanks for the reply my man. I am not advocating for trading him I am just interested in what people think the return for a player of his caliber would be and what it would take for us to consider it at all.

Thanks for the reply my man. I am not advocating for trading him I am just interested in what people think the return for a player of his caliber would be and what it would take for us to consider it at all.
    I gotcha. Like I said, at this point you have to consider all options. lol It's all good!

I think his future is also partly dependent on what returns we get for AD. If we can’t get a deal we like from Boston LA or NY(highly unlikely I know) I think Griffin May consider adding additional pieces for Jrue

But to the original question guys, hypothetically speaking what would it take for you to consider moving Jrue this offseason ?

Firstly, I like the name.

As far as your original question: it would take a monster offer for me to think about moving Jrue. Especially before knowing what we got for AD.

So say we get Tatum brown and 3 firsts, would you trade Jrue for SGA Shamet and harrel?

Or assuming we got the same package from Boston would you take Malik Beasley Gary Harris and Michael porter Jr

So say we get Tatum brown and 3 firsts, would you trade Jrue for SGA Shamet and harrel?
    As much as I like Jrue, I think I would take that (if Jrue were interested in leaving).

I would too. Especially if we got that sort of return for AD. That would be a hell of a team around Zion.

Yeah that's a pretty tempting package. I'd almost be concerned that there was too much youth on the team but they did make the playoffs this season and get valuable experience there but dang that's a haul.

I know the suggested AD clippers trade was near the same but I think Jrue could fetch that from LAC especially if they land Kawhi

I think jrue is an absolute stud and the most under rated player in the league. I think we could actually get some valuable pieces for him but I don’t want Zion’s first experience here being on a terrible team with no really good teammates. Jrue will at least make life better for Zion. If we trade jrue, it will be next off season

I put jrue right up there with people like lilliard and Beal.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 05-23-2019 at 09:14 PM.

I think that’s more likely as well. I also agree he is the most underrated player in the league

As much as I hate to say it, Jrue will probably get traded at some point. But, I don't believe it will be this year. He provides us with stability on the court that all of our young players will need this year. I see his situation very similar to Mike Conley's current situation. I think next summer we will be looking at 1yr left on his contract and wondering will he stay next offseason or will it cost us a fortune to keep him. In either case, it would be best for us to accommodate a trade to a contender to benefit ourselves but also Jrue.

I love Jrue. He's an excellent player, a good person, and has given his all to this franchise despite a lot of problems in his personal life and with his health. I think that if he wants to stay, we almost owe him the roster spot. Especially because he looks to be a good mentor (Mike G talking about Jrue's mentorship over Frank Jackson is pretty inspiring tbh) and we're going to need that moving forward.

That said, if we were going to trade him, I'd want a big haul. At least one lottery pick would have to be involved, and a solid one at that: top 7 type of things, depending on the draft. In a weak draft, that's probably 2 FRPs. A roleplayer with an elite skill (example would be prime Korver, for example), and a player with the potential to be a second tier star. I don't expect a superstar from a Jrue trade, but I expect someone who has a reasonable expectation of being able to one day fill Jrue's shoes.
    Basketball.

Thread Information