Pelicans Report

Thread: Congrats Jrue on 2nd place

Congrats Jrue on 2nd place

https://www.nola.com/pelicans/2019/0...cond-team.html

It’s about right. Next year he moves up to 1

he was 1st team last year, 2nd team this year. I like it.

Congrats to Jrue. Deserved first team again.

1x all star
    2x All defensive team
    Basketball.

That's bull. Bledsoe over Jrue? Bledsoe got the benefit of being on the "hot" team.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    That's bull. Bledsoe over Jrue? Bledsoe got the benefit of being on the "hot" team.
    Totally true. Even if Bledsoe was as good as Jrue at guarding other guards, which he isn't, you can put Jrue on SFs and even the occasional PF (thinking about him guarding KD here in those small-ball lineups) and he still performs up to standard.

Last edited by Pelicanidae; 05-22-2019 at 02:03 PM.

Was Eric Bledsoe that good defensively this year?

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No.
    I didn't really follow the Bucks like that this year, but I don't recall Bledsoe's play ever jumping out at me on either side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    He was good. He wasn't better than Jrue. Jrue averaged more steals, literally double the blocks, and took the far harder assignments.

Players on Jrue Holiday's most guarded list this year: Justin Holiday, Kevin Durant, Jimmy Butler, Avery Bradley, Kris Dunn, Evan Fournier, Buddy Hield, Demar Derozan, Paul George, Harrison Barnes, Khris Middleton, CJ McCollum, Bradley Beal, Kemba Walker, Kawhi Leonard

Players on Bledsoe's most guarded this year: Reggie Jackson, Kyrie Irving, Kyle Lowry, Fred Vanvleet, Terry Rozier, Danny Green, Ish Smith, Langston Galloway, Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, Pascal Siakam

Bledsoe is a very good defender, but not on the level of Jrue. Honestly, Smart is not on Jrue's level either even though he is an excellent defender.

that's just sad jrue should be first just on that one game against harden alone made one of the best offensive players look like a punk

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

If people here are upset about Holiday not getting a first team All-Defensive team, you must really dislike the outcome of the All-NBA Team votes (https://www.nba.com/2018-19-all-nba-...ficial-release).

All-NBA first team: Curry/Harden/George/Antetokounmpo/Jokic
    All-NBA second team: Irving/Lillard/Leonard/Durant/Embiid
    All-NBA third team: Westbrook/Walker/James/Griffin/Gobert

Jrue Holiday got only one vote for 3rd team and that was it. There were 31 players who received more voting points.
    Besides the 15 selected players, those 16 players (including 8 more guards over Holiday) are:

Guards: Beal, Thompson, Simmons, Conley, Mitchell, DeRozan, Russell, Wade
    Forwards: Aldridge, Gallinari, Siakam, Doncic, Harris
    Centers: Towns, Vucevic, Drummond

In all honesty I believe that Holiday deserved more votes. I really like him myself as a Celtics fan (he would look great in green ).

AD only got 1 vote? Yet Lebron gets 3rd team? Wow.

Pretty appalling. AD, as much as I disdain his actions this year, had a better year than Lebron did. Played more games, averaged more rebounds, more steals, more blocks, was more efficient from the floor and the FT line, had the superior PER, TS%, BPM, WS/48, WS total, and an equal VORP. AD's net rating was also +17 while Lebron's was only +6.

The fact that Gobert made this all-NBA team means that he's eligible for a supermax, I think. If Utah give him that, they will regret it immediately.

Jrue had a better year than Kemba, Westbrook, and Kyrie. There. I said it.

this stuff is all voted by the media right? how are we all surprised with the results then.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    this stuff is all voted by the media right? how are we all surprised with the results then.
    Not surprised, just annoyed. I'm not surprised if a mosquito bites me, it's what they do, but I'm still going to want to squash it.

The great thing about Zion is the attention on our team will increase big time. Players will get noticed more for deserving accomplishments that would otherwise get the snub. Jrue should get recognized for his talent and the things he does. IMO Jrue should have won but Bledsoe is a defensive terror as well.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-24-2019 at 04:11 AM.

Thread Information