Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

If they get a max player, I hope it’s butler, notorious for destroying locker rooms

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    The AD/LeBron butt buddy relationship has taken on a new level of nauseating.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    Miami proved you can win a title with three stars and filler, so there is a precedent for putting a team together that way. They could win a lot of games if they add a third star, but they would also be one injury from oblivion.
    yeah but that was in the east......if houston dont panic and stay pat,,they can take the lakers out.....

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    If they get a max player, I hope it’s butler, notorious for destroying locker rooms

whoever the lakers get will have to be a player who is willing to take a back seat to lebron....russell make sense to me...

I'm still trying to figure out how him getting money under the table from space jam 2 is legal they're basically circumventing the cap

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

The big difference with Miami is all of the big 3 agreed on a salary reduction before they signed. This version is maxed players with a little supporting cast. It should be interesting to watch.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how him getting money under the table from space jam 2 is legal they're basically circumventing the cap

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    lebron go lebron and we know AD was going to AD smh....

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    Miami proved you can win a title with three stars and filler, so there is a precedent for putting a team together that way. They could win a lot of games if they add a third star, but they would also be one injury from oblivion.
    The "filler" was Ray Allen, Mike MIller (who could actually hoop then), Shane Battier, Udonis Haslem and Chalmers. Let's not act like they had corpses playing with those 3. Let's see who LA can get.

Well Everything is in place now for Lakers to get Leonard.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    The "filler" was Ray Allen, Mike MIller (who could actually hoop then), Shane Battier, Udonis Haslem and Chalmers. Let's not act like they had corpses playing with those 3. Let's see who LA can get.
    There will be plenty of veterans who would want to play there with 3 stars. Look for players like JR Smith, Korver and older veterans looking for a ring.

Pelinka would be a fool to sign a max guy... but I hope he does (not KL). Go get Jimmy or Kemba and eat your cap.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    and what if none of the max players actually wants to sign with them? that would be super funny especially since Davis waived 4 million

Pelinka would be a fool to sign a max guy... but I hope he does (not KL). Go get Jimmy or Kemba and eat your cap.
    hopefully he will sign a not max guy to a max contract

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    and what if none of the max players actually wants to sign with them? that would be super funny especially since Davis waived 4 million
    to me the smart thing to do is spread the money around and build around AD and lebron......i also think that AD waived his 4mil because he or lebron recruited someone to come join them....

Honestly, I saw someone tweet earlier that LA should go pickup D-Lo and Nerlens Noel with their cap space, and that would be the funniest situation in the league. Their lineup would be:

PG: D-Lo/???
    SG: ????/???
    SF: Lebron/????
    PF: AD/Kuzma
    C: Noel/????

That team might honestly struggle winning 45 games in the west. There's just no depth at all. They would be a much more dangerous team, imo, if instead of signing one big name and then chump change, they split the $32m and got three legitimate NBA players.
    Basketball.

I'm going to speak it into existence.... We're signing Tobias Harris & Dewayne Dedmon.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    I'm going to speak it into existence.... We're signing Tobias Harris & Dewayne Dedmon.
    Please don't speak Tobias Harris into existence.

He's going to command a max that he very much does not deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

You never know. But for some reason I doubt that. $18m or more? Without a doubt. But we'll see on Sunday what the headlines are

Gentry said we will lead the league in pace, so whoever we sign has to be able to run

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

https://mobile.twitter.com/jclarknbc...0%2fframe.html

Lol Josh Hart already recuiting but everything he's saying resonates with everything Griffin and Gentry want to build here. Of course Money and Winning plays a big factor in this. Plus we all know he could be puffing smoke but we'll just have to wait and see.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jclarknbc...0%2fframe.html

Lol Josh Hart already recuiting but everything he's saying resonates with everything Griffin and Gentry want to build here. Of course Money and Winning plays a big factor in this. Plus we all know he could be puffing smoke but we'll just have to wait and see.
    Yeah, I know Hart has been talking and I saw the clip. It's good to see.

But no matter how much Josh Hart talks sweet to Harris on TV, that doesn't make me want to pay him thirty million dollars a year.

Dedmon would be a good signing for Pelicans

Thread Information