Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Why try to trade for someone when we can sign someone similar in free agency.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Because a ton of teams have cap this summer so odds are very high that we would have to pay more in free agency, along with possibly getting an asset to make the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I mean he fills a need. Especially if we are keeping Ball and Ingram. He's a floor stretching big which we desperately need. He's on a reasonable contract that's cost controlled and we would gain a small asset to take him.

Not every move has to be a home run. We are trying to round out a team here.
    I think it could be a smart move, he could be off the books next year and he would be a decent plug for our 5... gives us more time to evaluate what kind of player we want as our starting center. Plus if we're not so good of a team next year that's a win, higher pick in the draft!

Houston has a problem

https://www.barstoolsports.com/bosto...-a-big-problem

Someone gotta go. Anyone surprised Chris Paul is acting like a spoiled brat?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    This is my line of thinking. We have a lot of cap space. Are we really in that much of a rush? Zion is a rookie. We probably aren’t in the mix for titles yet.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Houston has a problem

What NBA City did Chris Paul start his career in....

I'm calling my shot...

Shroder, Roberson, and Patterson to the Thunder for Chris Paul.

Could also see them swapping Capela for Adams in this deal to save OKC some luxury tax money.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 06-18-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    What NBA City did Chris Paul start his career in....

I'm calling my shot...

Shroder, Roberson, and Patterson to the Thunder for Chris Paul.

Could also see them swapping Capela for Adams in this deal to save OKC some luxury tax money.
    He started in Charlotte correct?

ummmm.... idk if paul works with Westbrook. If you though he was frustrated with Hardes ball hogging.... just wait till hes with Westbrook lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    He started in Charlotte correct?

ummmm.... idk if paul works with Westbrook. If you though he was frustrated with Hardes ball hogging.... just wait till hes with Westbrook lol.
    Actually, he was drafted by New Orleans the spring before Katrina hit, so his first seasons were actually played in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Actually, he was drafted by New Orleans the spring before Katrina hit, so his first seasons were actually played in OKC.
    Interesting. I did not know that. Thanks for the historical lesson Robert!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Chris Paul wanting to leave New Orleans for the Lakers, ending up on Donald Sterlings Clippers, and finishing his career playing in Oklahoma City playing next to a chucker like Westbrook.... would be awesome.... for anyone who doesn't like Chris Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Houston has a problem

I have a firm belief that Harden and Westbrook will be great players that never win a championship. I get the same vibe from Ja. Just my 6th sense. Something about their game.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I have a firm belief that Harden and Westbrook will be great players that never win a championship. I get the same vibe from Ja. Just my 6th sense. Something about their game.
    I think it's unfair to judge from Ja because he hasn't played in the NBA yet, but from Harden and Westbrook, the reason is that they're selfish, low IQ stat padders who choke when the pressure gets tough, care more about individual stats than about winning, and play inconsistent to nonexistent defense. Both would rather get a top 10 play of the night than win the game.
    Basketball.

Lakers gonna end up with Harrison Barnes, Rajon Rondo, Javale McGee, and that's about it.

Their next season lineup:

PG: Rondo/????
    SG: Kuzma/????
    SF: Lebron/Barnes
    PF: Davis/????
    C: McGee/Wagner

Lol, championship favourites everybody

Basketball Guru
    i think barnes might go back to GS if durant leave......if not i think he resign back with the kings....

So Barnes turned down 27m/yr to sign a deal with the Lakers for 23m/yr? That seems not that great. Then they use their room level exception to sign Rondo and nothing else. If they want to spend all their non minimum money On Harrison Barnes and Rondo I think that's awesome. They're one injury to AD or Lebron from probably missing the playoffs again.

So Barnes turned down 27m/yr to sign a deal with the Lakers for 23m/yr? That seems not that great. Then they use their room level exception to sign Rondo and nothing else. If they want to spend all their non minimum money On Harrison Barnes and Rondo I think that's awesome. They're one injury to AD or Lebron from probably missing the playoffs again.
    It's no guarantee he WILL sign with the Lakers. I just feel like it's gonna happen. I'd like the scenario you lay out though. Would be fantastic if AD crowed about how much he cares about winning, then went to LA and missed the playoffs again.

So you're telling me, that because he spent years and years clinging to assets and refusing to dish, Ainge is going to lose out on

Paul George
    Kawhi Leonard
    Anthony Davis
    and then let Al Horford and Kyrie Irving walk, within the space of 3 seasons?

And still have a job?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

So you're telling me, that because he spent years and years clinging to assets and refusing to dish, Ainge is going to lose out on

Paul George
    Kawhi Leonard
    Anthony Davis
    and then let Al Horford and Kyrie Irving walk, within the space of 3 seasons?

And still have a job?
    This is absolutely crazy!

The dude has lost 2 All Stars that were on the team and refused to give up the assets when he had enough on 3 separate occasions for another All Star to pair with them.

This has to be the worst case scenario for Boston. If Ainge doesn't bring in someone in free agency he should be sitting on a boiling hot seat.

This has to be the worst case scenario for Boston. If Ainge doesn't bring in someone in free agency he should be sitting on a boiling hot seat.
    That's my thoughts. He's got to come up with something and fast, because right now the Celtics are looking like they might slide into being a fringe playoff team.

There's only so many times you can miss out on obvious home run opportunities before you get put under the spotlight.

And there's the Woj confirmation

He lost in a bidding war... TO THE LAKERS!

How he wasn't canned on the spot blows my mind and the dude even had the evidence of hindsight not once but TWICE. Just crazy.

The best part is Horford opted out to sign a longer deal with them, only for Ainge to cheap out and not want to offer him money so he bolts. I hope as soon as the period Isa available Rozier signs a massive contract and Ainge refuses to match so they go into the season having lost Kyrie, Horford, and Rozier. But he's got those young assets!

He lost in a bidding war... TO THE LAKERS!

How he wasn't canned on the spot blows my mind and the dude even had the evidence of hindsight not once but TWICE. Just crazy.

The best part is Horford opted out to sign a longer deal with them, only for Ainge to cheap out and not want to offer him money so he bolts. I hope as soon as the period Isa available Rozier signs a massive contract and Ainge refuses to match so they go into the season having lost Kyrie, Horford, and Rozier. But he's got those young assets!
    Wouldn't it be funny, and I'm not saying this is ideal for anyone, and I don't think it would happen, but wouldn't it be amusing if we signed Horford to like, a one or two year poison pill deal. Just, like all the cap space for Horford.

Big man. Plays defense. Another smart vet for the locker room. Can shoot. Passes well. Unselfish.

Jus' sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny, and I'm not saying this is ideal for anyone, and I don't think it would happen, but wouldn't it be amusing if we signed Horford to like, a one or two year poison pill deal. Just, like all the cap space for Horford.

Big man. Plays defense. Another smart vet for the locker room. Can shoot. Passes well. Unselfish.

Jus' sayin.
    Well we can't sign him to a poison pill deal, but I get the idea of what you're saying. He specifically wants a 3 to 4 year deal and would take up basically all our cap.

As good of a fit as he might be... I'm not doing it. I'd rather give the same amount of money to Brogdon. S

Well we can't sign him to a poison pill deal, but I get the idea of what you're saying. He specifically wants a 3 to 4 year deal and would take up basically all our cap.

As good of a fit as he might be... I'm not doing it. I'd rather give the same amount of money to Brogdon. S
    Yeah I get that, it's only half serious. If he would take like, one year or a two year deal then it would be cool, but he doesn't really fit that well right now, and he wouldn't take anything less than the three years, like you said.

But still, would be cool.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 06-18-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Thread Information