Pelicans Report

Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1343

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    The league has rules. Both the Pelicans and Lakers acted in good faith by stipulating the closing date of the Anthony Davis transaction be July, 6, 2019. If the league, at this point, would attempt to redefine the transaction to accommodate the Lakers (give favor to the Lakers), the system, at the highest levels, is rigged. If the Lakers and Leonard can't get together, with both parties fully aware of the July 6th closing deadline, that's on them....not the Pelicans, Hawks, Jazz, Grizzlies or any other party on the periphery who played by the rules. The league ought not cover for the incompetence of Rob Pelinka.
    It's up to the Pelicans, Hawks, and Wizards to agree to delay it. And we all know the stupid Wizards will do anything at this point.

If they all do for some reason, then the league will respect it for their league darling Lakers.

Ramona Shelburne: JaVale McGee has agreed to return to the Lakers, where he’ll likely start at center, league sources tell ESPN. It’s a two-year, $8.2 million deal, with a player option. – via Twitter ramonashelburne

Bobby Marks: The Lakers cap space is now down to a projected $11.5M after the Kentavious Caldwell-Pope two-year $16M contract. LAL still has the $4.8M room ML available once room is extinguished. – via Twitter BobbyMarks42

Yossi Gozlan: Danny Green will sign with the Lakers for 2 years $30M. If he gets standard 5% raises he will have a $14.6M starting salary. This would leave the Lakers with $18.4M in cap space to spend. pic.twitter.com/44LWqXxK3K – via Twitter YoggiMane
    The Lakers have already spent their money practically. WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    The Lakers have already spent their money practically. WOW.
    Rondo and Boogie will join them on vet minimums probably

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Rondo and Boogie will join them on vet minimums probably
    Given Boogie's pride/arrogance, I can hardly see him agree to join for minimum on a team that gave 4M per year to McGee.

I mean, Danny Green is a very good signing and I didn't really expect him to go there. He's the best guy they've added in free agency. So that's nice.
    Basketball.

Lost in all of this is the fact that Westbrook is gonna take 36 shots a game next season on 37% from the floor and average 29 points a game and someone's gonna say he deserves the MVP for it because he lost PG13.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Lost in all of this is the fact that Westbrook is gonna take 36 shots a game next season on 37% from the floor and average 29 points a game and someone's gonna say he deserves the MVP for it because he lost PG13.
    One of the top 5 worst contracts in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    One of the top 5 worst contracts in the league.
    Westbrook is one of the top tier overrated players in NBA history.

Low IQ, ball dominant, can't be bothered with defense, inefficient, stat-padding turtle-man who has never won anything in his life without Kevin Durant there to carry water for him. He'd rather get a triple double than a dub, and that's the real. He's gonna be getting $40m a year or more for the rest of this contract. He's going to be 33, getting paid $47m.

Top 5? Not sure, there are some awful contracts out there. But definitely top 10, no doubt, and top 5 may well be possible.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I mean, literal stat padding. Has his teammates actively not rebound so he can get the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I mean, literal stat padding. Has his teammates actively not rebound so he can get the ball.
    Every time I watch Steven Adams box out but actively avoid touching the ball so that Westbrook can grab it, I feel sick.

I've seen some people say they let Westbrook grab it so he can run and start the fast break. Which would make sense except:

1) they do it often and then DON'T start a fast break
    2) Ball moves faster than man. Westbrook should start running and Adams should outlet pass if they're that intent on soeed

I think this summer is the dream come true for the NBA. 2 superstars in each LA's team, plus 2 superstar in one of NY's, warriors weakened, it's both interesting in terms of balance and having the biggest market compete with their superstars.

I also think the pelicans are on a very good timing team-building wise. All the favorites for the next 3 years are teams that are likely to decline. The teams is now stacked with young players most of whom should peak in three to four years. The franchise also got multiple draft picks at the exact time of the next new cycle should come.

Way too early predictions for the best teams in the West next year:

Clippers
    Jazz
    Nuggets
    Rockets
    Blazers
    Lakers

In that order

...we get to go McDonalds
    Sleeping on the Warriors?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Sleeping on the Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Warriors aren't going to be good next year.

They have possibly the worst defensive guard tandem in the league in Curry and D-lo, absolutely zero depth, a PF who is good but can't score, and a mediocre coach.

If Klay was coming back in, say, December, then sure I'd have to list them, but since he's not due back until around all-star break, I can't see them being good this year. Depending on how the dice roll of every team, I wouldn't even be too surprised if they missed the playoffs this year.

Right now, Quinn Cook is the starting PG for the LA Lakers

Out of the way Kawhi, there's a new star in town

Free agent Stanley Johnson has agreed to a two-year, $7.5M deal with the Toronto Raptors, with a player option in the second season, agent Nima Namakian of BDA Sports tells @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 6, 2019

Out of the way Kawhi, there's a new star in town
    Isn't he the guy we got in the Niko trade?

I mean, I know it's just 3.25m/yr but I feel like the Raptors could have used that money better. Like setting it on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Isn't he the guy we got in the Niko trade?

I mean, I know it's just 3.25m/yr but I feel like the Raptors could have used that money better. Like setting it on fire.
    That's the guy. Point Stanley, next up. StanJo the God

I wonder if LeBron is gonna start at point guard for the Lakers and go full Magic Johnson.

C: AD, McGee
    PF: Kuzma, Dudley
    SF: Green, Horton-Tucker
    SG: KCP, Daniels
    PG: LeBron, Cook

That would probably be their best starting 5. If not they will probably finish games with that squad.

I know he looks all but done, but I wonder if we could bring back Ryan Anderson for a 1 year vet minimum deal in case Nico Melli isn’t quite ready to be our stretch 4 yet? Plus it would be nice if he could retire a NOLA Pelican after this year.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-06-2019 at 12:57 PM.

It really will take me most of the season to wrap my brain around all the new lineups.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I bet LeBron does start at point guard and they market them as the new Magic & Kareem showtime Lakers. I always thought LeBron might want to play the point later in his career to show that he can play all 5 positions if he wanted to like Magic.

It looks like they said we just gonna sign the best shooters we can to surround LeBron & AD. Green, Cook, Daniels, Dudley, and even KCP to an extent can shoot it from deep.

Shocked he got more than minimum (and a player option at that).

Westbrook is one of the top tier overrated players in NBA history.

Low IQ, ball dominant, can't be bothered with defense, inefficient, stat-padding turtle-man who has never won anything in his life without Kevin Durant there to carry water for him. He'd rather get a triple double than a dub, and that's the real. He's gonna be getting $40m a year or more for the rest of this contract. He's going to be 33, getting paid $47m.

Top 5? Not sure, there are some awful contracts out there. But definitely top 10, no doubt, and top 5 may well be possible.
    I agree with this 100%!

If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information