Pelicans Report

Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1343

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    So at midnight tonight all they can give an unsigned Kawhi is 28 mil right?
    But I've heard Pelinki can ask the Pelicans and Hawks to push the deadline back.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    But I've heard Pelinki can ask the Pelicans and Hawks to push the deadline back.
    They can, but it's not just Pels and Hawks who are involved. Hawks already traded Solo to Memphis, so they're involved. Memphis are currently absorbing Iguodala from Golden State, so to a limited extent, they're involved.

I think it was Jeff Siegel on twitter who pointed it out, but if you follow all of the threads of every pick and player involved in this trade, there are 7 different teams involved. Lakers would have to persuade ALL of them to put their off-season on hold for them, for no reason.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I think its 12pm noon EDT. Lakers fans on Twitter are rationalizing everything now. "Does it have to be done by noon? Doesn't Kawhi have until 11:59pm on the 6th? Can't the Lakers just wait? Pels won't pull out, it would look bad for them. Just wait it out. etc, etc."

Its too funny.
    It's funny because while yes, it would look bad for the Pels to pull out, you know what would look worse?

LA having to beg 7 different teams to change their trade deals because THEY messed up the trade timing on the Davis deal for the second time in a row after having agreed to two different dates.

...we get to go McDonalds
    There are too many teams involved at this point. It would just take 1 GM to create a domino effect. And personally, I think there are so many GMs that all of them will opt to trigger trades asap.

Kawhi will make his decision prior to trades completing if he hasn't already.

It just won't happen. The media and Laker fans wants to hype up this as a possibility but there's FAR too many teams and players involved. This type of move would absolutely burn bridges for the Lakers with half the teams in the league, maybe all the teams.

Every future trade for the next 20 years would force the Lakers into a disadvantage where they will have to give up more due to no teams trusting them.

The Lakers have TWICE agreed to a July 6th date. Once with the Pelicans and again when they added Washington to the trade. Anyone thinking they will try and change the date at the last possible hour is crazy. It's something that would cause the league to step in. It would cause sweeping ramifications for rule changes due to how poorly this would be handled. It'd just plain open up a huge can that the league doesn't want to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It just won't happen. The media and Laker fans wants to hype up this as a possibility but there's FAR too many teams and players involved. This type of move would absolutely burn bridges for the Lakers with half the teams in the league, maybe all the teams.

Every future trade for the next 20 years would force the Lakers into a disadvantage where they will have to give up more due to no teams trusting them.

The Lakers have TWICE agreed to a July 6th date. Once with the Pelicans and again when they added Washington to the trade. Anyone thinking they will try and change the date at the last possible hour is crazy. It's something that would cause the league to step in. It would cause sweeping ramifications for rule changes due to how poorly this would be handled. It'd just plain open up a huge can that the league doesn't want to deal with.
    You hit the nail on the head here. There are way too many teams/moves involved for them to back out now. If they made other teams wait, they would open a can of worms that would force the league to intervene.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    There are too many teams involved at this point. It would just take 1 GM to create a domino effect. And personally, I think there are so many GMs that all of them will opt to trigger trades asap.

Kawhi will make his decision prior to trades completing if he hasn't already.
    When we're talking about pushing the deadline back, we're talking 24 - 48 hours. The Pelicans and Hawks would probably do that since these front office folks all probably know each other. Just like how the Wizards accepted the Lakers trash so they could open that $32 mil, with no real benefit to the Wizards.

When we're talking about pushing the deadline back, we're talking 24 - 48 hours back. The Pelicans and Hawks would probably do that since these front office folks all probably know each other.
    What makes you think that? We have no indication that Kawhi is on the verge of giving his instruction. When Lebron made the decision to go to Miami, he didn't announce it until July 10th.

What happens if the deadline DOES get pushed back 48 hours, to the 8th, and then by then Kawhi still hasn't made a decision? Pelinka gets back on the phones to beg and plead and cry for ANOTHER 48 hours?

No. LA negotiated the trade. They agreed twice, on two separate occasions, on the 6th. As far as the Pelicans, Hawks, Grizzlies, Sixers, Jazz, Pistons, and Wizards are concerned, anything beyond that is Los Angeles' problem, not theirs.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    What happens if the Lakers back out of the deal completely?

Has that ever happened?

Wouldn't they be blackballed basically?

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    What happens if the Lakers back out of the deal completely?

Has that ever happened?

They won't. They can't. Could you imagine them going from having Lebron, AD, Kawhi, to Kawhi not going and then AD not being traded so it'd be just Lebron again....

I figured that, but I just wanted to make sure that the Lakers don't have some loophole BS they can use.

Luther Head
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The rare actual personnel move

Dwight Howard to Memphis

Dwight teamless again

Grizz keeping it moving

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Grizz keeping it moving
    shiiiit I might think about Bradley off the bench that's just crazy too me do was good especially on D what happened

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    shiiiit I might think about Bradley off the bench that's just crazy too me do was good especially on D what happened

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    He left Boston and stunk ever since.

Last year in Boston: 16 points and 6 assists, 46% from the floor and 39% from three. -3 net rating, 14.4 PER, .081 ws/48, -0.5 BPM, 0.7 VORP
    Two seasons since: 12 points and 2 assists, 41% from the floor and 35% from three. -18 net rating, 8.5 PER, .002 WS/48, -3.4 BPM, -1.2 VORP

Just fell off a cliff. Not like he was on terrible teams either, he spent some time on an okay-ish Detroit team and then played 55 games for a pretty damn good Clipper team.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Why did ESPN's ticker say we were cooperating with the Lakers delaying the trade? Uh. No. Why? Why would we do that? What do we get out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Why did ESPN's ticker say we were cooperating with the Lakers delaying the trade? Uh. No. Why? Why would we do that? What do we get out of it?
    I haven't seen that reported anywhere else.

Well, looking at Zion walk. Looks like there’s zero issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The league has rules. Both the Pelicans and Lakers acted in good faith by stipulating the closing date of the Anthony Davis transaction be July, 6, 2019. If the league, at this point, would attempt to redefine the transaction to accommodate the Lakers (give favor to the Lakers), the system, at the highest levels, is rigged. If the Lakers and Leonard can't get together, with both parties fully aware of the July 6th closing deadline, that's on them....not the Pelicans, Hawks, Jazz, Grizzlies or any other party on the periphery who played by the rules. The league ought not cover for the incompetence of Rob Pelinka.

Thread Information