Pelicans Report

Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Starter
    I checked a few twitter replies on some of the Jazz beat writers' twitter accounts and every single response was nothing but love for Favors. 99.9% of the fans hate seeing him leave and almost all were rooting for him to do great things in New Orleans. #classyfans

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    NAW is mainly a point guard
    I thought he was a combo guard

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HorneyTexan View Post
    I checked a few twitter replies on some of the Jazz beat writers' twitter accounts and every single response was nothing but love for Favors. 99.9% of the fans hate seeing him leave and almost all were routing for him to do great things in New Orleans. #classyfans
    Yeah, I've never really had beef with Utah fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Swap Hayes and Woods.

Maybe at the very beginning of the season, but by mid season Hayes will get more minutes than Wood IMO. He’s 6’11” 220, so he almost has to play power forward early in his career. After this year hopefully he will put on enough wait to be our starting center

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Nice!! A legit starting center than can play power forward too. So like Horford he can play with Zion, Hayes, Okafor, Wood, & Melli IMO. He’s not the stretch 4/5 we needed, but hopefully Melli will be that baby!!

Great day for us in free agency! Didn’t break the bank at all, so we keep our future flexibility. Now we just need to move Moore & hopefully bring back Elfrid Payton.

C: Favors, Okafor, Wood
    PF: Zion, Hayes, Melli
    SF: Ingram, Hart, Kenrich
    SG: Jrue, Redick, NAW
    PG: Ball, Payton, Jackson

Nice if we can get move Moore and add a point guard as good as Payton. Unless we good with Jrue, Jackson, & NAW as our backup lead guards which could be the case for sure.
    Do we really have to keep Paytpn. Both Jrue and Ingram can play the point wen Zo is resting. I dont know if G Dog will make getting another PG a priority.

NAW is mainly a point guard.

Also points more to my thinking that Hayes barely sees the floor next year.

Front court depth more like:

C - Favors, Okafor, Wood
    PF - Zion, Wood/Melli
    SF - Ingram, Hart/Melli

No he’s a 2 guard that can play point. So he’s a combo guard, but he will be listed as a shooting guard for this team

Maybe at the very beginning of the season, but by mid season Hayes will get more minutes than Wood IMO. He’s 6’11” 220, so he almost has to play power forward early in his career. After this year hopefully he will put on enough wait to be our starting center
    He needs to acclimate his jumpshot before being used at the 4 and get a feel for the perimeter. He'll probably play a bit of smallball 5 for the majority of the season. I doubt he'll log many minutes away for his bread and butter position.

Da Weatherman Speaks! Contributor WeatherNLU's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HorneyTexan View Post
    I checked a few twitter replies on some of the Jazz beat writers' twitter accounts and every single response was nothing but love for Favors. 99.9% of the fans hate seeing him leave and almost all were rooting for him to do great things in New Orleans. #classyfans
    Griff said we wanted good guys and good players. Redick and Favors are top notch people!

I survived Katrina, but nothing I owned did.

No he’s a 2 guard that can play point. So he’s a combo guard, but he will be listed as a shooting guard for this team
    No, he's a point guard that can slide to 2, but he's a lead guard first.

He was Virginia Tech's starting point guard all year. A year they went to the elite 8 and beat Duke earlier in the year with him at point.

Domt worry about what he was listed as. Go watch the games.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Do we really have to keep Paytpn. Both Jrue and Ingram can play the point wen Zo is resting. I dont know if G Dog will make getting another PG a priority.

I want to bring him back. Lonzo hasn’t played over 52 games thus far in his short career. We need a good backup point even though I think Jrue would move there with JJ starting at the 2. We have too many 2 guards and I think Hart will be on the second unit. So he will have to be the 3rd guard or point guard. I don’t see him as a point guard. So that leaves Frank Jackson and maybe a rookie, NAW to fill in the second unit point guard role. I don’t think they will want a rookie being that guy to start the season. I’m not sure Frank is ready to be the backup point guard as well. If he is than cool, but I rather someone I know can fill in for Ball & get it done.

No, he's a point guard that can slide to 2, but he's a lead guard first.

He was Virginia Tech's starting point guard all year. A year they went to the elite 8 and beat Duke earlier in the year with him at point.

Domt worry about what he was listed as. Go watch the games.

That’s cause their starting point guard Justin Robinson got hurt, so he was forced to move to point guard. Watch them in the tournament or when Robinson was healthy. It was only 10 games too. Robinson will be playing for the Wizards summer league squad and was a fringe draftable player

They lost to Duke in the sweet 16 and Duke lost to Michigan St in the elite 8. They got knocked out in the first round the year before
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-30-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    ok so w.t.f. is d'angelo russell gonna do on the warriors?

someone wanna explain that to me?

I want to bring him back. Lonzo hasn’t played over 52 games thus far in his short career. We need a good backup point even though I think Jrue would move there with JJ starting at the 2. We have too many 2 guards and I think Hart will be on the second unit. So he will have to be the 3rd guard or point guard. I don’t see him as a point guard. So that leaves Frank Jackson and maybe a rookie, NAW to fill in the second unit point guard role. I don’t think they will want a rookie being that guy to start the season. I’m not sure Frank is ready to be the backup point guard as well. If he is than cool, but I rather someone I know can fill in for Ball & get it done.
    We will see. I wont be complaining about Jreu or Ingram filling in if ball goes down.

One great thing.. Ball signed with NIKE. So he wont be wearing those BS BBB shoes anymore. Hopefully that means more ankle support and less injuries.

This ******** don't make any sense.

It seems like the ONLY thing our local writers have hinted at before it occured is that we would draft Zion after winning the lottery.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

You can't keep the Warriors down forever. Watch them somehow get Kawhi too.

That’s cause their starting point guard Justin Robinson got hurt, so he was forced to move to point guard. Watch them in the tournament or when Robinson was healthy.
    I did. I watched when they lost to Duke in the elite 8 and earlier in the year when they beat Duke at home.

NAW was their starting point both games. Seems like his comfortable spot.

This ******** don't make any sense.
    Yes, it does. You play curry at the guard. Klay plays the other guard when he comes back. You then have the best backcourt in the league.

Also... it keeps him from the LAkers. HUGE ADDED BONUS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    You can't keep the Warriors down forever. Watch them somehow get Kawhi too.
    As long as Lakers fail

Yes, it does. You play curry at the guard. Klay plays the other guard when he comes back. You then have the best backcourt in the league.

Keeps him front the Lakers and gives them the capability to provide the Lakers with much needed losses.

I'm willing to accept the Warriors not sucking if this were to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    As long as Lakers fail
    exactly. Hate to see GS get him but as long as Lakers fail its all goooooood.

All we need is for Kawhi back to Toronto or to the Clippers.

All smiles.

GSW is over the cap. Kevin Durant created a trade exception for 30 million. Might aswell get something rather than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    GSW is over the cap. Kevin Durant created a trade exception for 30 million. Might aswell get something rather than nothing.
    Then why not get a Center that was worth a damn.

Throw money at Horford and damn near guarantee another ring?

Thread Information