Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    When does free agency start
    Technically at 6:01pm on today, June 30th. After that point, free agency is officially open. The moratorium ends on July 6th, which is when contracts will actually be signed, but they can be officially agreed to at 6:01pm today.
    Basketball.

6:01 Eastern Standard time. So 5:01 CST for those of us in Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    6:01 Eastern Standard time. So 5:01 CST for those of us in Louisiana.
    Sorry about that, I always forget America has like 12 time zones or something similarly bonkers

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Sorry about that, I always forget America has like 12 time zones or something similarly bonkers
    We wouldn't need so many time zones if we were the size of Oregon, like the UK.

I am just ready to see what Griffin has up his sleeve. I believe we will see a quick signing or two that he has had in the bag for a while. Otherwise, he targeted one bigger signing and if that falls through, he will wait to see what shakes out after the initial wave is done.

The USA really only has 6 time zones

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    The USA really only has 6 time zones
    Where I come from, we have one time zone, and we're damn well happy with it. All you fancy Americans and Aussies with your large landmasses and your clock-fiddling. It's absurd!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    I believe we will see a quick signing or two that he has had in the bag for a while. Otherwise, he targeted one bigger signing and if that falls through, he will wait to see what shakes out after the initial wave is done.
    That makes a lot of sense. We're either going to see everything happen very quickly, or nothing for a while. I very much doubt we're going to be one of those teams that is making a signing every day.

Where I come from, we have one time zone, and we're damn well happy with it. All you fancy Americans and Aussies with your large landmasses and your clock-fiddling. It's absurd!
    What about Greenwhich Mean Time

It was a Canadian who came up with the idea of time zones. Blame Canada...its their fault.
    Last edited by Pels4Life; 06-30-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    It was a Canadian who came up with the ideal of time zones. Blame Canada...its their fault.

That makes a lot of sense. We're either going to see everything happen very quickly, or nothing for a while. I very much doubt we're going to be one of those teams that is making a signing every day.
    I could see a scenario where Griffin targeted someone like Horford because of the fit, but told him they weren't interested in four years. When Horford's agent said it was a deal breaker, it's time to shift gears and see what washes out after the frenzy. There will be some good players available after the huge cap deals get done. The only other way I see a fairly quick signing was if one of the Pelicans' options became available now because of a large signing. For example, if Middleton and Brogdon were locked down, I could see an opportunity to snatch Lopez away.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    What about Greenwhich Mean Time
    It's kind of a trick because we run on GMT most of the year, and then we just add an hour in the summer to compensate for the extra daylight. It's still really GMT, we just add one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    It was a Canadian who came up with the idea of time zones. Blame Canada...its their fault.
    I blame Canadians for a lot. But they also invented basketball so.... gotta give 'em props.

Perhaps sitting back and being patient is the idea

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Nicolooooooooooooooo!

Per Woj Pels are signing EuroLeague Final's top scorer Nicolo Melli

Seems like a Langdon pickup to me. Hopefully he's right. The stroke looks real, it's smooth and there's no hitching anywhere, but who knows how it will translate to the NBA. If Langdon sees something good in it though, it's worth a shot, and he's probably not too expensive.

I just hope he takes the shots he gets. Miller was a very good shooter when he was ruthless, but he was hesitant way too often to really show it.

If we re-sign Elfrid as well as find our center, this could be the deepest team in the NBA by far. That means we can play Gentry’s brand of basketball without our guys logging too many minutes. I wouldn’t expect much in the playoffs, but we could easily rack up enough wins to get there if things go smoothly

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

Amick is usually pretty reliable. Interesting

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Per Woj Pels are signing EuroLeague Final's top scorer Nicolo Melli

I love this guys shot. So smooth and efficient. I think this guy will be a decent player for us.

Late to the party, but Time Zones I fully understand and get....it's Daylight Savings Time that messes everything up.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I love this guys shot. So smooth and efficient. I think this guy will be a decent player for us.
    Check out the thread is up.

https://www.pelicansreport.com/showt...-a-2-year-Deal

Hearing Josh Hart trolling people on Fortnite about KD coming NOLA... Pifff. Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Hearing Josh Hart trolling people on Fortnite about KD coming NOLA... Pifff. Lmao
    Laker fans saying they getting Holiday in 2 years.

Thread Information