Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Dedmon per 36
    15.5ppg, 10.7rpg, 2apg, 1.5spg, 1.6bpg, 49%FG, 38%3pt, 81%FT

Horford per 36
    16.9ppg, 8.4rpg, 5.2apg, 1.1apg, 1.6bpg, 53%fg, 36%3pt, 82%FG

Dedmon is 3 years younger, 2 inches taller, a lob option, better rebounder, better shooter, also a high character vet and 2.5 times cheaper.

Horford is a better passer, slightly better defender and scorer. High character vet, but is he worth 2.5 times more and never even won a championship?

I think Dedmon is the easy choice by a mile. Especially if Hayes develop quicker than we think, it would help not to be tied down to an almost $30M/year player, who is not worth that much on the court. That's a high premium on experience for a non championship player. I just can't fathom paying Horford more than Jrue, that doesn't make sense to me.
    Are you talking about Dewayne Dedmon? If so those stats dont look right > https://www.basketball-reference.com...dedmode01.html
    Am i seeing this wrong?

nvm you looking at per 36...if you look at per game totals it paints a different story.
    Last edited by Pels4Life; 06-29-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Niko is signing with Barcelona!! That’s crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    Are you talking about Dewayne Dedmon? If so those stats dont look right > https://www.basketball-reference.com...dedmode01.html
    Am i seeing this wrong?

nvm you looking at per 36...if you look at per game it paints a different story.
    It does highlight Horford’s rebounding issues. If he is already struggling on the glass, I’m a bit worried where he will be a couple years down the road. We should have enough length to make up for it, but still. It’s something to take into consideration

yea i can see the Dedmon arguement....especially considering the money

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Now we are Twitter official.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Now we are Twitter official.
    Wrong Al Horford
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Dedmon has his negatives, but I been on the Dedmon train for a while now. Nice stop gap for Hayes.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Wrong Al Horford
    stop spreading lies. at least do your research first

Quote Originally Posted by PelDave View Post
    "Did Niko Mirotic just sign with Euroleague club Barcelona, wtf?"

Confirmed on NBC Sports Radio.
    I think they are like the Warriors of Europe.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It does highlight Horford’s rebounding issues. If he is already struggling on the glass, I’m a bit worried where he will be a couple years down the road. We should have enough length to make up for it, but still. It’s something to take into consideration
    I don't think the rebounding issues will be that serious. Lonzo is a very good rebounder at the PG position, Jrue is a decent rebounder for a SG, Zion will be one of the better defensive rebounders from day one, etc.
    Basketball.

Wow, Kemba walking... And Hornets are in shambles. Why didn't they trade him if they weren't gonna pay him. Wow

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Wow, Kemba walking... And Hornets are in shambles. Why didn't they trade him if they weren't gonna pay him. Wow
    They were probably thinking they'd get a hometown discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Didn't they reportedly offer him $160 million?

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    He said he would be willing to take a paycut.

I believe him. But I think he was thinking maybe taking $200m, instead of the $220 or something. Not $160. That's just rude.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Yep, like Pelicanidae said.. it probably rubbed him the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Supermax need an overhaul. It's soooooo broken and makes zero sense. It's just makes it even harder for home grown talent to stay, pay them, or build a team.

I'm all for it to change the Supermax to a league bonus and none of it count against the cap. Just call them League Bonus, because players are losing a lot of money with these Supermaxes

Supermax seem like a scam. You make this amazing player contract status and half of the qualify applicants never get it. They should get their Supermax cut regardless and not punish their drafted team to pay a ridiculous premium that ruins the team. They achieve being elite and stay with their drafted team. They should be fairly compensate without it being a double edge sword.

All it does is incentive superteam and tanking. What's the point of building through the draft when you can let another team do it and pay penny on the dollar to sign them. While it penalizes with not only with having the opportunity to pay more than a Super Team client would... But then you add another level where the drafting team has to obligate to pay.

Who does the Supermax cater too? It's not for the player and teams trying to build a contender. If you don't have a contender built and they have supermax qualifications. You basically have to let them walk. It benefit large market teams that don't have to pay premium to keep talent and greedy owners when that money goes back in their pocket.
    Last edited by Taker597; 06-29-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Woj unloading the clip

I think we will end up signing Al Horford for close to the max(not the max). I don’t want to, but I think we will unless he gets the same amount of money from a better team. We have a good young team with an unbelievable future ahead. Gayle wants to be a winner and is willing to pay for it.

Then we bring back Darius Miller & Tim Frazier cause they will be minimum guys that already know the system. Maybe we bring back Diallo if he will come for the minimum to be our 6th big

My prediction for the roster:

C: Horford, Okafor
    PF: Zion, Hayes, Wood
    SF: Ingram, Hart, Miller
    SG: Jrue, Moore, NAW
    PG: Ball, Jackson, Frazier(I’m hoping we can get someone better)
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-29-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I think we will end up signing Al Horford for the max or close to it. I don’t want to, but I think we will unless he gets the same amount of money from a better team. We have a good young team with an unbelievable future ahead. Gayle wants to be a winner and is willing to pay for it.

Then we bring back Darius Miller & Tim Frazier cause they will be minimum guys that already know the system.

My prediction for the roster:

C: Horford, Okafor
    PF: Zion, Hayes, Wood
    SF: Ingram, Hart, Miller
    SG: Jrue, Moore, NAW
    PG: Ball, Jackson, Frazier(I’m hoping we can get someone better)

i was going to ask do we want to bring miller back...he can shoot the 3 and can space the floor keeping his guy from help defense....

Thread Information