Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

This just screams Horford's agent trying to drive up price.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Nahhhh... He would take that 3yr/60 deal from the Celtics. . Which is fair contract. He is looking for a toxic CP3 contract. With 4th year player option.

I hope we pull out of this contract talk for a cheaper and younger option in Mir. He is just gonna be an high paid motivational speaker and culture setter. We need a vet like him, but not at that rate. We can bring in Rondo and Mir for pennies on the dollar for what Horford is looking to get.

Everything about the Horford situation just screams aging vet fighting for last payday..
    I honestly think we're a better team than Boston next year, and we're definitely a better environment.

If i had to make that contract for Horford I'd ask for a 4 year with team option on year 3 and 4.

You know, sometimes I get frustrated with conversations on this board, then I go to Twitter and see stuff like this and realise how much higher the caliber of discussion is on here than most of twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I honestly think we're a better team than Boston next year, and we're definitely a better environment.
    But Horford was apart of that team as a leader and couldn't right that sinking ship. The Celtics abysmal year reflects poorly on AL as much as Kyrie.

I would go as high as 2 years $50 million for Horford but that’s it.

John (@JohnPisano98) Tweeted:
    @WorldWideWob My cousin works in real estate in the New Orleans area and he told me Al Horford recently closed on a house in the area. https://twitter.com/JohnPisano98/sta...972188673?s=17

Lmao

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    @WorldWideWob My cousin works in real estate in the New Orleans area and he told me Al Horford recently closed on a house in the area. https://twitter.com/JohnPisano98/sta...972188673?s=17

Lmao
    Inject all of the drama into my veins.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

This just screams Horford's agent trying to drive up price.
    i think our interest is real.

Our fears of being outbid are real.

the rumored 4 years 118 million isnt.

keep it to 3 years and im good. lets do it.

also we should frontload it if possible.
    Last edited by Pelifan; 06-29-2019 at 12:46 PM.

But Horford was apart of that team as a leader and couldn't right that sinking ship. The Celtics abysmal year reflects poorly on AL as much as Kyrie.
    I think there's a certain point where even a veteran leader like Horford just can't fix it alone.

Kyrie, a flat earther conspiracy theorist Illuminati preaching nutjob, going absolutely screws loose towards everyone in the locker room including his coach, constantly berating a group of barely-older-than-teenage malcontents who are (justifiably) upset that their Boy Genius of a coach who can't run a functional offense is force feeding shots through their barely-functional ex-star in Hayward, and is seemingly punishing them for their success last post-season without Kyrie. At the same time, Terry Rozier is being a basketcase none-stop, pronouncing himself a top tier player and challenging Kyrie Irving, arguing that the offense being run through Kyrie was holding him back. Meanwhile, Kyrie's also planning to exit stage left at first opportunity.

Honestly, at a certain point ''good leadership'' just isn't enough. If ten people nigh on hate each other, and each one has their own agenda, no matter how much you try to ''lead'', there's only so much that will come from it. You can't herd a group of fighting cats, even if you're an extremely good shepherd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    If i had to make that contract for Horford I'd ask for a 4 year with team option on year 3 and 4.
    Unfortunately an option can only be offered for the last year of a contract, can't do one for multiple years.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

Lmao
    Not saying it’s not true, but it would be a part of public record unless he bought it through an llc or holding company. Al is also supposed to be taking meetings in Atlanta, so I doubt he’d buy a house if he’s still taking meetings.

Here’s the thing with Horford I’ve come to...

Most of us agree that Horford is the ideal big to put next to Zion. The only hesitancy is the number of years.

If Horford was on another team and had 2yrs/$56m left on his deal, what draft capital would you be ok trading to acquire him? Would you trade any of the 7 1st round picks the Pels have over the next 5 years? Or any of the 500 2nd round picks?

In the worst case scenario (to some) where we sign Al to 4/$112m and he becomes a negative instead of an asset, or we have the opportunity to sign an A level superstar if we can open up a max slot, I think we’d be able to attach a pick to Al and move him to create cap space whenever we wanted to.

Having Al for the next 3 years, is worth an asset. If I’d pay it on the front end to acquire him, I’m ok with the extra year(s) because I have an abundance of draft assets to move him. Not sure if folks will follow that logic, but it makes perfect sense to me!

Did Niko Mirotic just sign with Euroleague club Barcelona, wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Did Niko Mirotic just sign with Euroleague club Barcelona, wtf?
    It better be a massive deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It better be a massive deal...
    was secretly hoping he run it back with us.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Here’s the thing with Horford I’ve come to...

Most of us agree that Horford is the ideal big to put next to Zion. The only hesitancy is the number of years.

If Horford was on another team and had 2yrs/$56m left on his deal, what draft capital would you be ok trading to acquire him? Would you trade any of the 7 1st round picks the Pels have over the next 5 years? Or any of the 500 2nd round picks?

In the worst case scenario (to some) where we sign Al to 4/$112m and he becomes a negative instead of an asset, or we have the opportunity to sign an A level superstar if we can open up a max slot, I think we’d be able to attach a pick to Al and move him to create cap space whenever we wanted to.

Having Al for the next 3 years, is worth an asset. If I’d pay it on the front end to acquire him, I’m ok with the extra year(s) because I have an abundance of draft assets to move him. Not sure if folks will follow that logic, but it makes perfect sense to me!
    It depends what the deal looks like to know whether we could move him easily or not. For example CP3 deal is so bad they couldn't even give him away. With Horford once you start getting over that 25m/yr mark for 4 years it starts looking harder to move. Especially if he starts to show decline.

We will just have to see what type of guaranteed money he gets to have a better idea. At least the tweet is encouraging due to it saying the Pelicans are fearful they will be outbid because that implies we have some limits on what we will offer

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    was secretly hoping he run it back with us.
    I wasn't even secret about it. I really hoped we'd have went after Niko.

"Did Niko Mirotic just sign with Euroleague club Barcelona, wtf?"

Confirmed on NBC Sports Radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It depends what the deal looks like to know whether we could move him easily or not. For example CP3 deal is so bad they couldn't even give him away. With Horford once you start getting over that 25m/yr mark for 4 years it starts looking harder to move. Especially if he starts to show decline.

We will just have to see what type of guaranteed money he gets to have a better idea. At least the tweet is encouraging due to it saying the Pelicans are fearful they will be outbid because that implies we have some limits on what we will offer
    I think our limits might be 4/112, lol.

And you’re right about not being able to give away a bad contract like CP3, which is why I suggested an asset might have to be attached. If Houston had draft capital they were willing to part with and really wanted to do it, they could move CP3.

The Wolves are about to move Wiggins. It’s possible.

Quote Originally Posted by PelDave View Post
    "Did Niko Mirotic just sign with Euroleague club Barcelona, wtf?"

Confirmed on NBC Sports Radio.
    Sometimes it's not about the money. It's about happiness. I wish he could of come down to NOLA again.

Well, it's AL or bust..

I would have been fine with Niko playing stopgap 5/backup 4. His work rate is always good and Jah can matchup with the bruisers. We probably could have been a top small ball side.

As for Horford, I’d wager it is happening. On one hand, I think he’d be solid in the short term. I can’t really get behind a long term contract though. Also, it seems we are very open to rushing the rebuild again. I don’t know how I feel about that.

Horford is exactly what this team needs I think Zion will progress quickly and with other quality starters I think this team with Horford is in the playoffs next year . Center is our biggest need I’d be happy even if we have to pay the reported contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re rebuilding around Jrue.
    Jrue is the face of the franchise.
    Jrue is in his prime.

Zion is the future.

Dedmon per 36
    15.5ppg, 10.7rpg, 2apg, 1.5spg, 1.6bpg, 49%FG, 38%3pt, 81%FT

Horford per 36
    16.9ppg, 8.4rpg, 5.2apg, 1.1apg, 1.6bpg, 53%fg, 36%3pt, 82%FG

Dedmon is 3 years younger, 2 inches taller, a lob option, better rebounder, better shooter, also a high character vet and 2.5 times cheaper.

Horford is a better passer, slightly better defender and scorer. High character vet, but is he worth 2.5 times more and never even won a championship?

I think Dedmon is the easy choice by a mile. Especially if Hayes develop quicker than we think, it would help not to be tied down to an almost $30M/year player, who is not worth that much on the court. That's a high premium on experience for a non championship player. I just can't fathom paying Horford more than Jrue, that doesn't make sense to me.

Thread Information