Pelicans Report

Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1343

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Really wish that they redesigned the jersey...

Idk anything looks better.

Maybe have a Pelican wing fanning across the front and back. Something better than these Jersey. L
    IMO.... we have among the worst jerseys in the league other than the red ones. Really wish they would redo the white and the blue jerseys.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    IMO.... we have among the worst jerseys in the league other than the red ones. Really wish they would redo the white and the blue jerseys.
    I wouldn't mind them swapping out the white ones with the ones in your avatar. Wear the red ones on the road. Change the New Orleans on the blues to gold Pelicans like the summer league practice jersey.
    Last edited by Imnos 2; 07-10-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    For that salary he is a flat out steal. He is a steal at $10 million a year and they got him on a minimum. IMO no doubt they best player ever to be on a contract that cheap. If he stays healthy the weapons will have a real weapon in Boogie. He has put together some very solid minutes for the Warriors post Achilles injury and will only be better. I don’t think some understand how huge it is to have finished rehab and put a full season under their belt. A torn Achilles isn’t the career ending injury it was years ago. The advancements in surgery and rehab has come a long long way. He might not be the 25ppg Boogie again but they don’t need that. Boogie putting up 15ppg/10rpg on 50%+ FG and being a threat from 3pt is all they need and he has shown he can do that. He will be playing with 2 guys who compliment his game very well in Lebron and AD as well. I don’t see how anyone can even remotely question that signing which is a steal plain and simple.
    Achilles injury is the ultimate reason but not the only one. Poor conditioning has always been an issue for Boogie. Even if his injury is completely healed, he would have to compensate all the inactivity period. That seems unlikely because he has never been a hardworker. The second issue is his attitude. We shouldn't forget that last year he signed with the Warriors for cheap. He faced the worst trouble of his career and he chose to be carried. Locker room speeches are ok, but if your third best player is someone who drops responsibility on others, you will end up having problems. And the last issue is BBIQ. Even on his prime, Boogie took a lot of bad decisions on the court. Of course he was talented enough to take over any defender, but that's not the case anymore. I'm not sure if at this point he's able to become a smart player that maximizes his abilities and hide his weaknesses.

Warriors didn't make him any offer and they have watched him closer than anyone last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    I wouldn't mind them swapping out the white ones with the ones in your avatar. Wear the red ones on the road. Change the New Orleans on the blues to gold Pelicans like the summer league practice jersey.
    That would be a step in the right direction. My problem with the white and blue one are the graphics on the sides of them and on the shorts. Yuck!!

My first time hearing someone describe the Pelicans jerseys as "among the worst in the league". Some complained about the small font on the front of them, but they fixed that a couple years ago.

Jerseys might not e considered among the best to some, but certainly not among the worst to me.

**I think the other poster was describing the summer league jerseys?
    Last edited by luckyman; 07-10-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    My first time hearing someone describe the Pelicans jerseys as "among the worst in the league". Some complained about the small font on the front of them, but they fixed that a couple years ago.

Jerseys might not e considered among the best to some, but certainly not among the worst to me.

**I think the other poster was describing the summer league jerseys?
    I just want the earned jerseys to be our official jerseys now.

now thats a first. I have to disagree ...all that California water must be affecting your vision good sir.

I disagree if your from NOLA I don’t see how you couldn’t love them with the state flag colors and the lettering like the street signs in Nola I think they’re great .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speaking of jerseys...

Well, fear not, looks like there may be some jersey changes incoming
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    speaking of jerseys...

I don't think I like those. They look like a high school jersey (and seems to be closer to a Cavs type jersey).

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    speaking of jerseys...

I like them. I just hope we keep those earned jerseys though!

That collar is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I like them. I just hope we keep those earned jerseys though!
    yea earned jerseys are where its at.

Just out of curiosity, because I don't really care that much about jerseys (obviously I have my preferences but I've never found myself actively hating a jersey... except maybe those awful Cleveland ones with the blue and orange), what are your actual preferences?

Would you rather minimalist, or busy jerseys? Block colour (think the red jerseys) or something more artistic? Big numbers or small? What are your favourite jerseys in the league, and which are the ones you really dislike?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That collar is trash.
    Yep. It screams "when you have a game at 7pm and have a gig in your My Chemical Romance cover band at midnight".
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    those are gross IMO - but I'll live with anything.

Saw some saying they're probably just fan-made ones rather than actual 2K leaks, so if you hate them it might not end up mattering.

So the Clippers got 2 years to make something happen. Those lost draft picks go far beyond that. Thats rough.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ear-clips-deal

Kawhi Leonard has chosen a shorter contract with the LA Clippers that lines up with new teammate Paul George's and sets up the two to be part of the 2021 free-agent class, a source confirmed to ESPN.

Leonard signed a three-year, $103.1 million deal that includes a player option for the 2021-22 season, the source said. He will make $32.74 million next season, $34.37 million in 2020-21 and $36.01 million in the player-option season.

George's four-year, $136.9 million contract, signed with the Oklahoma City Thunder in the 2018 offseason, also includes a player option for 2021-22.

Kawhi's taken the deal he has because in 2 years he gets to re-up for the 10 year contract he'll be eligible for. They want a ring immediately, of course, but Kawhi signing his deal the way he has isn't because he's already planning an exit.

Exactly. He's re-signing after 2 years. PG probably too

I love Kawhi as a player, but as a fan he can be quite aggravating. He didn’t want anything leaking to the media during his courtship from teams during free agency. I mean come on man, I can see not wanting some stuff leaked but absolutely nothing is being a little too much of a control freak IMO. As fans we would like to get to know our players a little bit, but this guy is like a secret agent lol.

As for the jerseys, I don’t have a problem with them. I didn’t think anyone had a problem with them to tell ya the truth. I like when they just say NOLA on the front of them. I like the minimal look like the Brooklyn Nets, just black & white. Golden State’s jerseys are ok, but there is a lot going on on the front of that jersey. I guess it just depends on the look. The Pelican fleur de lis looks pretty cool, so I don’t mind that being on at least one of the jerseys.

now thats a first. I have to disagree ...all that California water must be affecting your vision good sir.
    Lol our water is 100% the worst on the country! So who knows... you might be right lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That collar is trash.

Agreed.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    red uni's and shoes of the same color...."Put on your red shoes and dance the Blues"....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Thread Information