Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Let’s get it started!

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I think he would actually be a great fit there. If Dallas can land 2 good FAs with one being Randle then that is a playoff team that can do some damage. Would love to see him back here but I just don’t think he compliments Zion as well as he did AD. If he would accept a 6th man bench role and play the 5 with Zion at the 4 in small ball lineups then I pay the man. The West is going to be wide open next year. If the Pels do it right I can see us legitly making it to the WC Finals.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-22-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I'm high key upset we're probably gonna lose Julius. He seemed to really like it here. At the same time I get why we should probably part with him, because Zion is a better version of him with higher upside.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I'm high key upset we're probably gonna lose Julius. He seemed to really like it here. At the same time I get why we should probably part with him, because Zion is a better version of him with higher upside.
    Julius was pretty much Tyree Evans at PF. So much offensive game, but needed the ball in his hands to be a positive on the court and just didn't have defense as a priority. I'm not trying to be rude but he doesn't play winning basketball. I'm happy to here he is having other dope opportunities for him.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Julius was pretty much Tyree Evans at PF. So much offensive game, but needed the ball in his hands to be a positive on the court and just didn't have defense as a priority. I'm not trying to be rude but he doesn't play winning basketball. I'm happy to here he is having other dope opportunities for him.
    Your not being rude.
    Why anyone would want Randle on this team after getting Zion is just head scratching to me.
    With or without Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Your not being rude.
    Why anyone would want Randle on this team after getting Zion is just head scratching to me.
    With or without Davis.
    Move Randle to different position. I believe it was done was Davis and Cousins.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I think he would actually be a great fit there. If Dallas can land 2 good FAs with one being Randle then that is a playoff team that can do some damage. Would love to see him back here but I just don’t think he compliments Zion as well as he did AD. If he would accept a 6th man bench role and play the 5 with Zion at the 4 in small ball lineups then I pay the man. The West is going to be wide open next year. If the Pels do it right I can see us legitly making it to the WC Finals.
    He played with Jrue Holiday and Anthony Davis, and didn’t sniff the playoffs. Don’t get ahead of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    He played with Jrue Holiday and Anthony Davis, and didn’t sniff the playoffs. Don’t get ahead of yourself.
    Correct!

Holiday got injured, Davis quit in December.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-22-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Not to mention that Griffin has said many time times that they are after high character guys, two way players and intelligent players.
    Randle only fits one of those criteria.

Not to mention that Griffin has said many time times that they are after high character guys, two way players and intelligent players.
    You could say the same for Stephen Curry too

High character and intelligent? Like JR Smith?

High character and intelligent? Like JR Smith?
    Yep he has learn't from his mistakes.

Randle was not that bad stats wise. Both Lakers and Magic acknowledge it was a mistake kicking Randle to the curb. It did come up on First Take the other day.

Eric Bledsoe made 1st team defense. Yeah let that sink in.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Eric Bledsoe made 1st team defense. Yeah let that sink in.
    Incredibly disrespectful to Jrue.

Your not being rude.
    With or without Davis.
    Him on the bench and in certain rotations with zion and Davis would be pretty good actually. We just would need our one and two to play defense and be able to catch and shoot in the starting lineup. He would be dominant off the bench. We’ll just see what kind of money he commands. If he doesn’t go for a pay day, he could be a solid signing. He has great passing ability but never got to show it last year because he was forced to become the main scorer. Check out some highlights of him. He has the vision and ability to be a playmaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing Devil's advocate, Jrue only played 67 games and we stank. Hell Kawhi couldn't even make first team. 2nd team isn't the worst result in the world

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Playing Devil's advocate, Jrue only played 67 games and we stank. Hell Kawhi couldn't even make first team. 2nd team isn't the worst result in the world
    Anthony Davis in 2016-17 and Jrue Holiday this year are the only two players to make an all-defensive team without also making the playoffs in the last 10 years.

So we understand that. But it still rankles to see Holiday get ranked behind Bledsoe, who is clearly inferior to him on D.
    Basketball.

I know it's not quite a free agent, but I may as well post contract extension news in here rather than just starting a new thread for a relatively minor thing.

Giannis gonna get paid FIFTY. SIX. MILLION. DOLLARS. For a single year.

Edit: I don't really know what's the case in the US, but $56m is £44.2m. UK minimum wage is £8.21 per hour. Average minimum wage worker would have to work 5.383 million hours to earn that wage. Assuming a 50 hour work week, no days or weeks off, 107673 weeks. Or 2070 years. NBA money is truly absurd sometimes. Makes it even more absurd when you remember how rich the owners are.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 05-23-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Also, if Rudy Gobert wins DPOY this year, he'll be eligible for a supermax contract.

If Utah give him that, that will instantly be one of the worst contracts in the league.

This isn't news, there have been open talks about this for a week or two, but it's confirmed. FA deadline moves forward a few hours, which for me puts it in the middle of the night rather than early morning.

Thread Information