Pelicans Report

Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1343

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Is Gabe Fernandez some sort of NBA basketball savant I've never heard of? What is that article supposed to do?
    Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You could easily rephrase it as;

The Lakers have two elite stars, one of whom has a history of sulking and is a continuous injury threat, and the other is 35. They have a former all-star centre whose legs have spent the last two years exploding and who was so disastrously bad that he found a way to sink Golden State's offense last season. He's always been a negative on D, and that has only gotten worse recently. They have a young scoring forward who is absolute garbage by all advanced metrics, and is a horrendous defender, and they have no quality depth: they only have maybe 2 people outside of Lebron who can create their own shot, and most of their depth is well over the age of 30 in the form of people like Rondo and Dudley.

It has nothing to do with whether we like them or not. Their roster is NOT GOOD. Could they have a super lucky year, where they have no injury issues, where Rondo and Boogie play like it was 2011 not 2019, where Lebron puts in effort on defense and where AD manages to stay in all of his games without walking out? Sure, they could. But is that really more likely than the players just y'know, being who they are?
    If healthy Davis could be the best player in the whole league. There is a high chance Lebron will still be Lebron. Cousins could get helthy and he doesnt have to be his 2011 version but his late 2017 is enough. Just like with the Warriors I think they could be a force at least next year even though I really hope they won't

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Clippers did better.

I do agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    If healthy Davis could be the best player in the whole league. There is a high chance Lebron will still be Lebron. Cousins could get helthy and he doesnt have to be his 2011 version but his late 2017 is enough. Just like with the Warriors I think they could be a force at least next year even though I really hope they won't
    Cousins' ''late 2017'' was 27.7/12.3/5.0 on 50% from the floor, 41% from 3, and 74% from the free throw line. That's what he averaged December of 2017.

He just came off averaging 8/5/2 on 42% from the floor, 22% from 3, and 61% from the free throw line in the NBA Finals.

Asking him to jump back up to his ''late 2017'' standards would be literally unbelievable. You'd be asking him to score nearly 4 times the points, collect more than twice the rebounds, assist on nearly twice the shots, while nearly doubling his 3pt percentage, as the fourth option on the Lakers. There is less than 1% chance that this happens.
    Basketball.

You could easily rephrase it as;

The Lakers have two elite stars, one of whom has a history of sulking and is a continuous injury threat, and the other is 35. They have a former all-star centre whose legs have spent the last two years exploding and who was so disastrously bad that he found a way to sink Golden State's offense last season. He's always been a negative on D, and that has only gotten worse recently. They have a young scoring forward who is absolute garbage by all advanced metrics, and is a horrendous defender, and they have no quality depth: they only have maybe 2 people outside of Lebron who can create their own shot, and most of their depth is well over the age of 30 in the form of people like Rondo and Dudley.

It has nothing to do with whether we like them or not. Their roster is NOT GOOD. Could they have a super lucky year, where they have no injury issues, where Rondo and Boogie play like it was 2011 not 2019, where Lebron puts in effort on defense and where AD manages to stay in all of his games without walking out? Sure, they could. But is that really more likely than the players just y'know, being who they are?
    Lakers are gonna be a disaster waiting to happen. They maybe duking it out with the SPURS, pelicans, Warriors for the 8th seed. I don't see how this 2 on 5 basketball supposed to work. Esepcially, when you got AD is the only great player on defense with Bron declining or possibly injured.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/sta...03242977140736

Reports of Bron playing Point guard lol. THIS IS HOW BAD THE TEAM IS CONSTRUCTED. Lebron is playing point like this is some rec league BB

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

Reports of Bron playing Point guard lol. THIS IS HOW BAD THE TEAM IS CONSTRUCTED. Lebron is playing point like this is some rec league BB
    In fairness, if you go by offense alone, Lebron has been playing PG for about 10 years.

Someone in the replies to this said it's gonna be a new form of box and 1. Four guys stood around yelling for help while AD tries to pick which guy to move to first.

Imagine a lineup of Rondo, Lebron, Kuzma, Cousins and AD on the floor at once. You know it's gonna happen.

That's going to be disgusting. Literally nauseating.

Watch this,

Someone in the replies to this said it's gonna be a new form of box and 1. Four guys stood around yelling for help while AD tries to pick which guy to move to first.

Imagine a lineup of Rondo, Lebron, Kuzma, Cousins and AD on the floor at once. You know it's gonna happen.

That's going to be disgusting. Literally nauseating.
    Championship!

Watch this,

Really wish that they redesigned the jersey...

Idk anything looks better.

Maybe have a Pelican wing fanning across the front and back. Something better than these Jersey. L

Cousins' ''late 2017'' was 27.7/12.3/5.0 on 50% from the floor, 41% from 3, and 74% from the free throw line. That's what he averaged December of 2017.

He just came off averaging 8/5/2 on 42% from the floor, 22% from 3, and 61% from the free throw line in the NBA Finals.

Asking him to jump back up to his ''late 2017'' standards would be literally unbelievable. You'd be asking him to score nearly 4 times the points, collect more than twice the rebounds, assist on nearly twice the shots, while nearly doubling his 3pt percentage, as the fourth option on the Lakers. There is less than 1% chance that this happens.
    Cousins may not be the same as in late 2017 but he shouldn’t be as bad as recently as he should get more healthy. I think y’all exaggerate a bit but I hope you are right I really don’t feel like defending them

Cousins may not be the same as in late 2017 but he shouldn’t be as bad as recently as he should get more healthy. I think y’all exaggerate a bit but I hope you are right I really don’t feel like defending them
    He is well worth a shot for them at such a small salary. He will have made $8.8 million in 2 seasons after turning down $40 million from us initially (and $12+ million for one year right before he chose to go to GS).

Are players really the same after an injury like that? Kobe has even admitted he was not the same after his injury. Factor in boogey’s Weight too.

Are players really the same after an injury like that? Kobe has even admitted he was not the same after his injury. Factor in boogey’s Weight too.
    Did I really say he will be the same?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He is well worth a shot for them at such a small salary. He will have made $8.8 million in 2 seasons after turning down $40 million from us initially (and $12+ million for one year right before he chose to go to GS).
    That’s just it. No team was really wanting to pay him because of so many question marks. I believe Boogey even changed his agent.

That’s just it. No team was really wanting to pay him because of so many question marks. I believe Boogey even changed his agent.
    He did, he fired his agent.

The thing is, I think the Lakers had to do it. It's a near minimum salary, and because they had waited for Kawhi's decision, free agency had dried up: it's not like they had 50 other options. I still think the better option would have been going at JaMychal Green, but it seems he was determined to return to the Clippers so maybe they did and he just said no.

The fact that it's their best option doesn't mean it's a good option. It just means they were out of anything better.

We gotten more media attention in the last 2 months than we did with 7 years of AD. wow

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Are the Knicks actually getting another PF lmao.

Yea Cousins should be much better next season having a full year under his belt. After both of my Achilles tears I got back to 100% normal or better around year 2. The Lakers are being under rated big time by some. They have done a very good job surrounding themselves with good players that compliment Lebron, AD, and Kuzma. What the Lakers can’t afford though is Lebron or AD getting injured. If one of those 2 go down that team could be in a little trouble. I think they will be very similar to our playoff team a year ago but a little better. The biggest issue they will have is the quality teams they will be playing near every night.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post

For that salary he is a flat out steal. He is a steal at $10 million a year and they got him on a minimum. IMO no doubt they best player ever to be on a contract that cheap. If he stays healthy the weapons will have a real weapon in Boogie. He has put together some very solid minutes for the Warriors post Achilles injury and will only be better. I don’t think some understand how huge it is to have finished rehab and put a full season under their belt. A torn Achilles isn’t the career ending injury it was years ago. The advancements in surgery and rehab has come a long long way. He might not be the 25ppg Boogie again but they don’t need that. Boogie putting up 15ppg/10rpg on 50%+ FG and being a threat from 3pt is all they need and he has shown he can do that. He will be playing with 2 guys who compliment his game very well in Lebron and AD as well. I don’t see how anyone can even remotely question that signing which is a steal plain and simple.

Thread Information