Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Also, if Rudy Gobert wins DPOY this year, he'll be eligible for a supermax contract.

If Utah give him that, that will instantly be one of the worst contracts in the league.
    They wouldn’t do it snywayS they can only hand out one and that will be saved for Mitchell when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    They wouldn’t do it snywayS they can only hand out one and that will be saved for Mitchell when the time comes.
    Is it true they can only hand out one? I thought Beal was eligible for the supermax for Washington and if so he'd be the 2nd because Wall already signed his. I could be wrong on this I'm going off memory.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Doc Rivers hit with tampering fine?

https://deadspin.com/nba-fines-doc-r...d-i-1835157843
    Yeah it's absurd. I watched that segment, what he said was nothing even close to tampering. It's tampering now to just say someone is a fantastic player? Come on.
    Basketball.

I feel awful but I totally agree and think we should sign him.

I feel awful but I totally agree and think we should sign him.
    Thought you didn’t want Rubio because he can’t shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Thought you didn’t want Rubio because he can’t shoot?
    I don't. He can't shoot. I've argued against him before. That's why I feel awful about it.

Yeaaaah.... Miami has precisely no cap space at all.

If Dragic and Whiteside both opted out of their player options, they'd free up about $40m, but they're so far over the cap right now that that would only actually give them like $26m. That's not enough for a max like Butler would want. They'd need to get creative.

Plus, I don't see Whiteside or Dragic opting out.

Dragic already opted in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Dragic already opted in.
    Welp, there ya go haha

To be clear, If Miami wanted to clear cap space, I'd take Dragic. Now HE would be a good fit next to Jrue and knows Gentry's system. Especially for 1 year. Would probably be able to sign him back to a team friendly deal afterwards too given his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    To be clear, If Miami wanted to clear cap space, I'd take Dragic. Now HE would be a good fit next to Jrue and knows Gentry's system. Especially for 1 year. Would probably be able to sign him back to a team friendly deal afterwards too given his age.
    Take him for what?

Take him for what?
    You mean what would we give up? I assume Miami would either give us an asset or we'd give them a fake 2nd round pick for clearing the space for him.

I'd assume after the AD trade that we will end up with an alright amount of cap space and be able to absorb his contract.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Anyone up for the return of Demarcus Cousins?

The Pelicans will want to pair a center with Zion. Cousins has to be one of the best free agent centers. He has the physical presence down low and also has range, the Pelicans need spacing to come from the 5 if Ball and Ingram are in the starting rotation. Cousins next contract will be good value for whatever team he goes to. The team won’t have to overpay and he will already have a year of rehab complete.

This true?

Can we sign and trade Randle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Can we sign and trade Randle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would assume so

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    This true?
    I mean, not that I'm aware of. Kyrie to Brooklyn seems like a pretty easy guess at this point, but the others I don't know. Just thought it was funny.

I say we use our cap space to Sign Mirotic, Payton, and another backup shooter wing.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Anyone up for the return of Demarcus Cousins?

The Pelicans will want to pair a center with Zion. Cousins has to be one of the best free agent centers. He has the physical presence down low and also has range, the Pelicans need spacing to come from the 5 if Ball and Ingram are in the starting rotation. Cousins next contract will be good value for whatever team he goes to. The team won’t have to overpay and he will already have a year of rehab complete.
    Yes it would be a good fit for the time being, but I seriously doubt he would want to go to a rebuilding franchise full of 21 year olds.

But he looked pretty bad in the finals so whoever he signs with should be able to aign him at a good value on a short contract.

Dewayne Dedmon would be a good fit at center for the short term

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Thread Information