Pelicans Report

Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1343

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Lakers now interested in Korver? Cousins? Kevin Love?
    So the Lakers are morphing into an older version of the Cavs?
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I wish we had gotten pick swap rights for this season too. Lol dang
    No worries, the collateral damage will last for a long long time...at least 7 years. They have no draft picks ��

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

I mean, it's Jalen Rose, so take it with a grain of salt

But yeah.
    Buit Chris Broussard is 94% certain he's going to the Lakers, and Woj thinks he "more likely" is going to the Lakers.

Of course all that's before the ESPN idiot jedi mind trick ("go to the Lakers for us Kawhi") machine found out he's meeting with toronto again today.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Jalen Rose knows a lot of people in the league. I trust his word much more than that hack Broussard.

Believe it or not, Jalen has been right quite a few times. I remember distinctly he called Kevin Durant going to Golden State, and people called him crazy and there was no way he was leaving OKC. After that season.....

And I may be wrong on this, but I think he said LeBron would go to Miami? Don't quote me on that, the details are fuzzy in my head right now

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I low key like the clipps ( if Kawhi lands there) to win the West. Kawhi is great, Lou Will is great, Landry and Alexander are young and upcoming, they have Beverly and Harrell, they are a really good team.
    What!? You are hopping off the Jazz? I don’t think the Clippers are on the same level as the Jazz with Kawhi.. IMO the Clippers over achieved big time last season and the Jazz underachieved.. The Jazz have made 2 huge additions while the Clippers have done nothing but rely on Alexander to get better..

Josh Hart is basically a bizarro world Eric Gordon. It's hard to not love this dude.

So most likely Iggy ain't going to the Lakers, unless they can find a 3rd team to buy him out.

The Memphis Grizzlies do not intend to give forward Andre Iguodala a buyout before the season and are actively exploring the trade market for the former Finals MVP, league sources told ESPN.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...arket-iguodala

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    So most likely Iggy ain't going to the Lakers, unless they can find a 3rd team to buy him out.

Trade E'Twaun and something else for him.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Ha! I love Memphis. Laker fans are imploding on this one as well. They've already written him down on their roster.

Man... if the Lakers don't get Kawhi, their fanbase is going to go nuclear
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    With good reason. They've given up everything to get AD. And waited while all the guys who can improve their team around just AD and LeBron were signed up.

Their only real chance to contend is to form a big 3. If Kawhi goes to the Clippers somehow? That would be too perfect. They lose Kawhi AND little brother can start kicking the crap out of them in their own city.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    With good reason. They've given up everything to get AD. And waited while all the guys who can improve their team around just AD and LeBron were signed up.

Their only real chance to contend is to form a big 3. If Kawhi goes to the Clippers somehow? That would be too perfect. They lose Kawhi AND little brother can start kicking the crap out of them in their own city.
    I get why you'd call it good reason, but I'd also call it unwarranted. Is it fair to say they have good reason to be mad, but that the good reason only exists because they had unwarranted expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    What!? You are hopping off the Jazz? I don’t think the Clippers are on the same level as the Jazz with Kawhi.. IMO the Clippers over achieved big time last season and the Jazz underachieved.. The Jazz have made 2 huge additions while the Clippers have done nothing but rely on Alexander to get better..
    I think it's fair for people to question the Jazz being real contenders right now. They may have made two huge additions but they lost several key players as well and a lot of depth. It's really going to come down to how well the new roster compliments each other and of course injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    I think it's fair for people to question the Jazz being real contenders right now. They may have made two huge additions but they lost several key players as well and a lot of depth. It's really going to come down to how well the new roster compliments each other and of course injuries.
    Have they really lost a lot of depth though? I know they've lost some (Favors being an obvious example) but their roster still looks fairly deep to me. The only real hole is at power forward, on my knowledge.

Some of them are even saying the Lakers should just wait until Kawhi decides before they execute the trade. They think with so many teams involved, no ones going to back out of the deal if they wait a couple more days. Totally oblivious to the ramifications throughout the league if they arbitrarily chose to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Some of them are even saying the Lakers should just wait until Kawhi decides before they execute the trade. They think with so many teams involved, no ones going to back out of the deal if they wait a couple more days. Totally oblivious to the ramifications throughout the league if they arbitrarily chose to do this.
    There's absolutely no way the trade is getting delayed. I've seen a few guys on twitter bandy this around, and like you're saying, they're oblivious to the reality of the situation.

Delaying the trade means that we wouldn't get to play Hayes, Silva, or NAW in Summer League. Atlanta has already agreed to trade Solomon Hill, but they need to execute it as a separate trade after the multi-team deal involving LA. They think Atlanta are just going to wait to get Hunter and to do their completely unrelated Hill trade for the Laker's sake?

Not only that, but we've traded for Favors. We can only do the Favors trade because we're doing it before his contract gets guaranteed with the Jazz. His guarantee date? The 6th! If we push the date back after the 6th, we can't get Favors and that also means the Jazz can't complete their Bogdanovic signing.

There is no way on this planet that New Orleans, Utah, Atlanta, and Memphis are all going to just shrug their shoulders, allow their trade deals to fall through, just so LA can wait another few days before not even getting Kawhi anyway.

LA fans are delusional.

everything becomes official tomorrow so the longer he waits the better

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Just wondering how it effects Lakers if Kawhi waits?

Quote Originally Posted by bustah View Post
    Just wondering how it effects Lakers if Kawhi waits?
    mostly it means players who've already given verbal agreements can't back out once everything goes official

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    mostly it means players who've already given verbal agreements can't back out once everything goes official

Of course! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    everything becomes official tomorrow so the longer he waits the better

July 6th is the official date for transactions but yes, the longer this goes on the better. If Kawhi waits until after the 6th then the Lakers lose their max slot. They would only have like 28m to offer him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    July 6th is the official date for transactions but yes, the longer this goes on the better. If Kawhi waits until after the 6th then the Lakers lose their max slot. They would only have like 28m to offer him.
    ehh same difference lol but anyways it be hilarious looking like he might make the decision tomorrow though

Leonard could get $68.1 million for a one-year deal with one option year; a two-plus-one deal would max out at about $106 million.
    https://www.nba.com/article/2019/07/...agency-raptors

Thread Information