Pelicans Report

Thread: Randle Player Option

Randle Player Option

Noticing a few player options being decided. What’s the deadline on these?

Options are due to be either picked up or dropped by the end of June 29th, I think. SOme players have it as part of their contract that the deadline is earlier than that, but I'm not sure about the specifics of Randle's deal. Either way, that's the general, league-wide deadline for options.
    Basketball.

Rumours he has interest in Phx

Lets hope so. Don’t think he fits on the roster anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could see Phoenix doing it. On a roster that desperately needs sharp shooters and defenders, it would be just like Phoenix to sign Randle.

Pairing him with Ayton might lead to the worst defense in the league.

He would do well to go to the Wasatch front and play for the Jazz. He and Mitchell could be a lot of fun to watch.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    He would do well to go to the Wasatch front and play for the Jazz. He and Mitchell could be a lot of fun to watch.
    Quinn Snyder wouldn't allow him to be so lazy on defense. Either he'd be forced into it, or there'd be a clash of heads.

With Zion now going to be a Pelican our fit for Randle is not ideal. If he were willing to take a bench role as a 6th man type big playing both PF/C then I think he could be a great addition. Randle is a starter in this league and will get paid to play and be one. He fits in very well imo with some of the teams interested like the Suns and Mavs.

I think we are loaded with young big talent and would like to see them develop and take on bigger roles. Zion will likely take Randles minutes which allows Wood/Diallo/Okafor as of now to have good competition and fight it out for their playing time. We have some very solid options with our bigs that all offer different skill sets which is nice to have. I think having Wood replace Randle is a great scenario especially at the $ cost. One of the best things to come out of last season was Christian Wood. Ideally for me we trade with the Knicks with Mitchel Robinson being one of the assets and takes over as our starting C next to Zion, Wood as the first man off the bench and backup PF/C, Okafor as our back up to Robinson as a scoring big, and Diallo as the 5th big man option at the PF/C who can bring some energy. If AD stays then he just takes Robinsons spot and even better.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-31-2019 at 07:31 PM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bustah View Post
    Rumours he has interest in Phx
    I'm fine with it. Shed some salary and not sure how much he fits with Zion anyway.

Thread Information