Pelicans Report

Thread: Just a friendly reminder

Pelicans Just a friendly reminder

Christian Wood.

If feel like with all the excitement with the lottery and trade variables we a forgetting how good this guy was at the end of last season. I really hope he doesn't get lost in a shuffle and also feel like we are MORE inclined to trade AD with Wood and Jah paired with young Z.

ANyone else still think he is a hidden gem in all this?

Depends what you mean by gem.

Do I think he's a hidden star, just waiting to average 20/10? No. Do I think he could be a decent rotation guy, plugging up some minutes at the 5 with stretchier lineups? Sure.
    Basketball.

When he got over 25 min he was damn near 20/ 10.

By gem I mean valued 2 rotation guy. Like competing with Frank for 6th man guy. Like only 23 with signs pointing up guy.

I really think he could push Jah for the starting 5.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    When he got over 25 min he was damn near 20/ 10.

By gem I mean valued 2 rotation guy. Like competing with Frank for 6th man guy. Like only 23 with signs pointing up guy.

I really think he could push Jah for the starting 5.
    He was a damn near 20/10 guy on a team that wasn't really interested in winning, leaked points on D like the Suns, and was just playing for stats.

Don't get me wrong, I think he has potential, but I don't see him as a vital part of the future. He's gonna be a decent player if all works out well, and will probably end up with 15 minutes a game by the end of the year and doing pretty well in that time. But he's not a hidden star, imo.

Let's also not forget about Kenny Hustle. We've got some decent bench pieces already.

This is where Gentry and the front office will make their money: balancing the impulse to win immediately with Jrue, AD (or the return from his trade), and Zion (assuming he can make a positive impact right out the gate, which is likely but not guaranteed) with developing the younger pieces like Wood, Frank, and Kendrich who all have potential, but will need minutes and time to make mistakes before they're ready to be consistently positive contributors on a playoff team.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Oh I haven't forgotten. I've been hitting up some of his late season performances. I just didn't have the emotional fire to watch games when I was so distraught about the team's direction.

But now that we're completely overhauling the organization, I'm eagerly watching Wood's performances. Very skilled, athletic, and plays smart.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    If we went into the season with Zion/Mitchell Robinson/Okafor/Diallo/Wood as our PF/C intended minutes I could get excited with that youth. It would be fun to see that grow at least for a year.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    If we went into the season with Zion/Mitchell Robinson/Okafor/Diallo/Wood as our PF/C intended minutes I could get excited with that youth. It would be fun to see that grow at least for a year.
    Ouch, that's weak . How can a team not have a #4 that can shoot 3's ? Disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Ouch, that's weak .
    Disagree. It's pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Disagree. It's pretty solid.
    Not changing my mind. You have NoT 1 proven rotation guy . None can spread the court. So Zion & Okafor will start . Then Robinson & Wood are the rotation? Wood & Diallo may not make the team at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Not changing my mind.
    Not going to bother then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Not going to bother then.
    If you put that team on the court, you better trade Jrue.

Thread Information