Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Orleans has agreed on deal with Brooklyn assistant general manager Trajan Langdon

May we finally put #Pelslife to rest.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    May we finally put #Pelslife to rest.
    I think we can keep it BUT it has a TOTALLY different meaning now! How many other teams would LOVE to have Pels Life right about now?

The media is funny. The Pelicans are making moves that run counter to the narrative that the team is dysfunctional. The hiring of David Griffen and now Trajan Langdon, along with the other moves we have made, show that Gayle Benson is determined not only to stabilize the organization but also is trying to put the right people in place to build a champion and consistent winner.

But this does not work for the media who wants Anthony Davis to leave and really would like if Zion did not end up with the Pelicans. So what have they done since the news of Langdon's hiring? They are frozen out the Pelicans by not sharing the news. Adrian Wojnarowski has not mentioned it but has found time to comment on every other front office hiring over the past 24 hours, including Minnesota adding Gianluca Pascucci formerly of Brooklyn. There is nothing from Marc Stein, Marc J. Spears, and so on and so forth. Because to put that information out there for public consumption is to revise the beliefs that the Pelicans cannot transform into a juggernaut and the kind of team that both Anthony Davis and Zion Williamson should be excited to be part of.

Quote Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
    The media is funny. The Pelicans are making moves that run counter to the narrative that the team is dysfunctional. The hiring of David Griffen and now Trajan Langdon, along with the other moves we have made, show that Gayle Benson is determined not only to stabilize the organization but also is trying to put the right people in place to build a champion and consistent winner.

But this does not work for the media who wants Anthony Davis to leave and really would like if Zion did not end up with the Pelicans. So what have they done since the news of Langdon's hiring? They are frozen out the Pelicans by not sharing the news. Adrian Wojnarowski has not mentioned it but has found time to comment on every other front office hiring over the past 24 hours, including Minnesota adding Gianluca Pascucci formerly of Brooklyn. There is nothing from Marc Stein, Marc J. Spears, and so on and so forth. Because to put that information out there for public consumption is to revise the beliefs that the Pelicans cannot transform into a juggernaut and the kind of team that both Anthony Davis and Zion Williamson should be excited to be part of.
    The only outlet that I've seen that even mention it was Chris Carter and Nick Wright this morning. But yeah nobody wants us to be great. And I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    The only outlet that I've seen that even mention it was Chris Carter and Nick Wright this morning. But yeah nobody wants us to be great. And I love it.
    I absolutely loved Barkley's comments on this matter...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I absolutely loved Barkley's comments on this matter...

His comments were great but see how quickly they pivoted to discussing silly matters like beating Kenny in a sprint and telling Shaq how to dress? Charles was basically ripping some of the talking heads on ESPN and they wanted no part of prolonging that conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
    His comments were great but see how quickly they pivoted to discussing silly matters like beating Kenny in a sprint and telling Shaq how to dress? Charles was basically ripping some of the talking heads on ESPN and they wanted no part of prolonging that conversation.
    exactly bc they know he's right like you want actual debate show put Barkley against some of these fools atleast he never lies about the ******** he says and means it

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I’m finding way more athletes have been in favor of AD staying than talking heads.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I’m finding way more athletes have been in favor of AD staying than talking heads.
    Media's true colors have not been more obvious until this period.

Imagine the Knicks or Lakers got the #1 pick. Does the media suggest maybe he should go back to Duke? It's us against the world. And we'll be ready to take them all on.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Media's true colors have not been more obvious until this period.

Imagine the Knicks or Lakers got the #1 pick. Does the media suggest maybe he should go back to Duke? It's us against the world. And we'll be ready to take them all on.
    Conversely, if this franchise had anywhere near the drama of the Lakers front office these past few months, they'd all be talking about getting this team moved to Seattle.

It's really a life lesson on how humans behave.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Conversely, if this franchise had anywhere near the drama of the Lakers front office these past few months, they'd all be talking about getting this team moved to Seattle.

It's really a life lesson on how humans behave.
    it really is pretty fascinating isn't it?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Thread Information