Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans has agreed on deal with Brooklyn assistant general manager Trajan Langdon

Pelicans New Orleans has agreed on deal with Brooklyn assistant general manager Trajan Langdon

Couldn't be better. I was hoping we sign him or Griffin as GM but having both is even better.

New Orleans has agreed on deal with Brooklyn assistant general manager Trajan Langdon

Great hire , things are looking up way up . AD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2019/3...rry-dell-demps
    Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 05-19-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Amen!

Someone forward it to Cowherd& No neck

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Oh it's going down tonight!!!

I’m not familiar with him for his front office work but I know a lot of people here are high on him. Can someone enlighten me as to why he is such a great hire when we already have griffin. I’m not upset just wanna know the positives
    I'm a grinder

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    I’m not familiar with him for his front office work but I know a lot of people here are high on him. Can someone enlighten me as to why he is such a great hire when we already have griffin. I’m not upset just wanna know the positives
    https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ve-Of-The-Year

Calling Bill Simmons !!!!!!!!!!! Hello Hellooo Helllooooooooo !

It’s crazy out of all the candidates I wanted Griffin then my second choice was Langdon but figured we would just be status quo and keep Ferry , never in my wildest dreams would I have thought we would get both plus Aron Nelson plus the number one over all pick . A month ago this organization was in shambles now where having the best off season in the history of this franchise . Excited for the future with or without Davis !!

This is getting better and better - great news. David You are the Man! Don't stop working.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    It’s crazy out of all the candidates I wanted Griffin then my second choice was Langdon but figured we would just be status quo and keep Ferry , never in my wildest dreams would I have thought we would get both plus Aron Nelson plus the number one over all pick . A month ago this organization was in shambles now where having the best off season in the history of this franchise . Excited for the future with or without Davis !!

This has got to be one of the best offseasons in the history of the NBA. The signings of Griffin, Nelson and now Langdon on top of securing the #1 overall pick is better than I could have hoped for. Langdon is an up and comer who was on everyone's list to interview for their front office. He's been a player, a scout, an assistant GM and (along with Mista) was my top choice after Griffin. To get the established, well-respected Griffin to oversee things and a really intelligent guy like Langdon to be the GM is ideal IMO. A bonus could be that he must have some good European contacts from the time he spent playing over there in Italy, Turkey and Russia. I am seriously pumped for this team's future. And right now ain't too bad either.

I didn't realize it, but Langdon worked with Griffin during the 2015/2016 season in Cleveland. So they already have an idea of how well they will work together. I'm loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    I didn't realize it, but Langdon worked with Griffin during the 2015/2016 season in Cleveland. So they already have an idea of how well they will work together. I'm loving it.
    Another Dukie !

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    This has got to be one of the best offseasons in the history of the NBA. The signings of Griffin, Nelson and now Langdon on top of securing the #1 overall pick is better than I could have hoped for. Langdon is an up and comer who was on everyone's list to interview for their front office. He's been a player, a scout, an assistant GM and (along with Mista) was my top choice after Griffin. To get the established, well-respected Griffin to oversee things and a really intelligent guy like Langdon to be the GM is ideal IMO. A bonus could be that he must have some good European contacts from the time he spent playing over there in Italy, Turkey and Russia. I am seriously pumped for this team's future. And right now ain't too bad either.
    Kinda, sorta, just a little bit, makes you feel for AD ? ! .

David Griffin & The Lady in Black & Gold have done more this franchise in 36 days than Tom Benson & Dell Demps did in 7 yrs !

Holy... Crap. This has been an amazing offseason.
    Got the best trainer in the league
    Cleaned out the FO
    Got a real scouting department
    Got a real Basketball Operation guy in Griffen
    Won the lotto
    About to get a kings ransom for AD.
    Got a a great GM from a squad that had like tree fiddy and Ja Rule tickets and flip it to be a playoff team.

AD better no be all about staying now.

Great addition. I liked him when he played at Duke. The Alaskan Assassin could shoot that ball with a pretty stroke.

This organization has been completely transformed in the matter of months. David Griffin is the best front office signing this organization has ever made. If we trade AD, I can only imagine his luck with the draft picks we acquire. Then we bring in the best trainer in the league from Phoenix. We hit the lottery with the most hyped player since LeBron James. I don’t think AD had this much hype around him. And now we got the GM I wanted the most, a really sharp basketball guy. Now if only we could get a new coach. I never been a fan of Gentry, but people around the league sure like him.

It’s an exciting time to be a Pelican fan for sure. We either have our big 3 if AD decides to stay or we get a boat load of young players & picks to build a deep & talented team to grow together into a contender.

Now Trajan send AD to the Knicks for Dennis Smith Jr, Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson, 2019 1st(RJ or Ja), 2020 1st, 2021 1st, Dallas’ 2021 1st, and Dallas’ 2023 1st. 3 players and 5 picks, unless they will also throw in Trier with all those picks. Man that would be sick to have 3 straight drafts of multiple 1st round picks with 2021 having 3!! Not sure we will be able to get 5 picks, but hopefully at least 4. Hopefully we get the 2019, 2020, 2021 Dallas, and either the 2021 or 2023 Dallas.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 05-19-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Pretty awesome hire. I remember going to a Sonics vs Cavaliers game years ago with my dad in Seattle. We were looking through the game program and saw Langdon was from Anchorage. Being from Alaska, we were both stoked to see an NBA player from there.

I know his name has been thrown around quite a bit this off-season. Sounds like he was very high on more than a few lists for the GM position. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, though. I remember being all kinds of excited when Dell was hired and I couldn't have been more wrong.

These signings further the notion for me that Gayle is ininitely more engaged with the Pelicans than Tom was. I hope these signings all work out and we turn this franchise around.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    These signings further the notion for me that Gayle is ininitely more engaged with the Pelicans than Tom was. I hope these signings all work out and we turn this franchise around.
    Bolllllllllllllllllll Bolllllllllllllllllll

Can you imagine if the 3 R’s were running the Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Bolllllllllllllllllll Bolllllllllllllllllll
    He will be a Pelican. Mark my words

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    He will be a Pelican. Mark my words
    We're draft Bol Bol in round and Tacko Fall in round 2 .

Thread Information