.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Quinn Cook

  1. #1

    Quinn Cook

    Demps did not like his talent. LOL.

  2. #2
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27,586
    There's a good bit to say about team fit, confidence, and getting to study and train with the best shooter I've ever seen. Two of them, really.

    He goes somewhere like the Orlando Magic, he probably fades into obscurity right along with Ish Smith.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    There's a good bit to say about team fit, confidence, and getting to study and train with the best shooter I've ever seen. Two of them, really.

    He goes somewhere like the Orlando Magic, he probably fades into obscurity right along with Ish Smith.
    Plus... is he really that incredible now? It's not like Demps passed on him and he turned into Ray Allen. Sure, we probably could have used him ourselves and he's doing alright for himself, but he's averaged 6.9 points, 2 rebounds, and 1 assist per game for Golden State this year. He's shooting well from 3, but it's not like he's shooting lights out. He's still a defensive liability.

    If any other GM had signed him, played him a dozen games, and then let him go, nobody on this board would have even realised it happened. Cause it's Dell Demps though, it's a sign of Demps' ultimate failure and idiocy, how dare he have committed the foul crime of not going all in on ... Quinn Cook.
    Zion ''The Earthquake'' Williamson

    Paying attention to the next draft too early.

  4. #4
    Seth Curry as well.

  5. #5
    And Ish Smith! He was on our team back in 2015-16 and now he's on the Pistons! Disgusting that Dell would let a guy who is now averaging nine whole points a game go. Glad he lost his job. Can't win a championship without Ish Smith, Seth Curry, and Quinn Cook.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    And Ish Smith! He was on our team back in 2015-16 and now he's on the Pistons! Disgusting that Dell would let a guy who is now averaging nine whole points a game go. Glad he lost his job. Can't win a championship without Ish Smith, Seth Curry, and Quinn Cook.
    We kept Solomon and Ian Clark. Thanks Dell.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    We kept Solomon and Ian Clark. Thanks Dell.
    Who even cares about Ian Clark? He's on a minimum, and until Payton got injured he wasn't expected to play any minutes this season.

    Demps wasn't great. Hill is a terrible signing and he deserves shtick over that. Same with Asik, for example. But getting on his case about Quinn Cook, Ian Clark, and Seth Curry is just absurd.

  8. #8
    Tim Frazier might get a ring. Yeah let that sink in.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Tim Frazier might get a ring. Yeah let that sink in.
    The same Tim Frazier who has played a total of 37 playoff minutes for the Bucks across 10 games, and is averaging 1.9 points, and 0.9 rebounds per game? That Tim Frazier?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The same Tim Frazier who has played a total of 37 playoff minutes for the Bucks across 10 games, and is averaging 1.9 points, and 0.9 rebounds per game? That Tim Frazier?
    He might get a ring before CP3

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    He might get a ring before CP3
    ...So?

    Darko Milicic has more rings than Charles Barkley. Have a think on that one.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    ...So?

    Darko Milicic has more rings than Charles Barkley. Have a think on that one.
    Barkley? That’s the best you could do?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Barkley? That’s the best you could do?
    What do you have against Charles Barkley?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    What do you have against Charles Barkley?
    You made a comparison to someone who has not played in 20 years.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    You made a comparison to someone who has not played in 20 years.
    ... So?

    The point was that simply having a ring doesn't mean anything. You can have a ring and suck. You can be an incredible player (Barkley, Nash, Malone, Stockton, TMac, Ewing, Iverson, etc etc) and never win a ring at all. To get a ring at all requires some degree of luck, and in order for a ring to matter, you have to actually be a legitimate part of that championship run. Tim Frazier getting a ring doesn't matter because he could literally not play a single minute in the finals and the Bucks would be absolutely fine.

    So what's your point? You bring up Tim Frazier as if Dell letting him go was a mistake, and your justification for caring is that he'll maybe win a ring. Who cares?

  16. #16
    I care . I would like to win a championship. Tim Frazier earned it. It’s a team effort.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I care . I would like to win a championship. Tim Frazier earned it. It’s a team effort.
    I would also like to win a championship. If you think Tim Frazier, or Quinn Cook for that matter, is a must-have feature for winning a championship then you have several screws loose.

  18. #18
    Has Dell Demps got another job yet? I mean if he is so good why can’t he not even get a job at 7/11?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I would also like to win a championship. If you think Tim Frazier, or Quinn Cook for that matter, is a must-have feature for winning a championship then you have several screws loose.
    Lol you throwing them under the bus. That didn’t turn out so well for you when you threw Randle under the bus.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Has Dell Demps got another job yet? I mean if he is so good why can’t he not even get a job at 7/11?
    What is the purpose of this? And the assumption that he can't get a job at 7-11? I wouldn't reply, but out of all the posts I read that are stupid as hell that take time off my life expectancy, this is one of the dumbest I've ever read. No personal attack intended.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Has Dell Demps got another job yet? I mean if he is so good why can’t he not even get a job at 7/11?
    Where did I say Dell Demps was ''so good''? Where did anyone say that, actually? In any thread?

    Oh right, they didn't. You're just talking nonsense, as per usual.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Lol you throwing them under the bus. That didn’t turn out so well for you when you threw Randle under the bus.
    What, is Randle winning a ring now too?

    Your love affair for Randle is very strange. All I said about him is that he's an elite inside scorer (true), he doesn't play defense (true) and can be a black hole on offense sometimes (also still true), and that I wouldn't want to pay him more than around $15m per season. If you consider that throwing somebody under the bus then loose may not be the right term: those screws have fallen completely free.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    What, is Randle winning a ring now too?

    Your love affair for Randle is very strange. All I said about him is that he's an elite inside scorer (true), he doesn't play defense (true) and can be a black hole on offense sometimes (also still true), and that I wouldn't want to pay him more than around $15m per season. If you consider that throwing somebody under the bus then loose may not be the right term: those screws have fallen completely free.
    Y’all were bashing him all season and you know it.

    As M.M. Says you are strawman

  24. #24
    Dell Demps blew it on Cook and Curry . Letís just leave it at that.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Y’all were bashing him all season and you know it.

    As M.M. Says you are strawman
    That's not how the term strawman is used. If you think I am attacking a strawman, then I would be ''strawmanning'', not just being strawman.

    Absolute fiction to say that I was ''bashing him all season''. You might need to learn how to read if that's what you think. It's not 'bashing' to have legitimate criticism of a player while acknowledging the skills they do have, and it's not 'bashing' to not want to throw twenty million dollars at someone.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •