Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Our 2nd round pick info&thoughts

Our 2nd round pick info&thoughts

https://www.nola.com/pelicans/2019/0...ond-round.html

The Pelicans are picking No. 39 instead of 37 because of a tiebreaker. New Orleans ended up with the worst of three picks along with Dallas and Memphis because it went it reverse order of how the teams pick in the first round – New Orleans at No. 1, Memphis at No. 2 and Dallas at No. 10.
    Here’s a look at what some sports sites are predicting for the Pelicans’ two second-round choices.

The Athletic – Sam Vecenie

No. 39 – Shamorie Ponds, St. John’s, point guard

No. 57 – Jontay Porter, Missouri, center

The Athletic – Michael Scotto

No. 39 – Louis King, Oregon, small forward

No. 57 – Dedric Lawson, Kansas, forward

NBADraft.net

No. 39 – Dylan Windler, Belmont, wing* (NBADraft.net hasn’t changed Pelicans to No. 39)

No. 57 – Jalen Lecque, Brewster Academy, guard

Tankathon

No. 39 – Carsen Edwards, Purdue, point guard

No. 57 – Josh Reaves, Penn State, shooting guard

NBA Draft Room

No. 39 – Tacko Fall, UCF, center

If Taco Fall is there with our 2nd pick we gotta take him. Not high on him but his potential as a big off the bench and matchup problem off the bench similar to Bogdan would be huge. I think he’s going to be a late 1st round pick but I would love to snag him in the 2nd.

It’s nice to know there is a chance we could pick someone worth a damn now that Dell Demps, the worst GM in the entire NBA is finally gone.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
    It’s nice to know there is a chance we could pick someone worth a damn now that Dell Demps, the worst GM in the entire NBA is finally gone.
    Really? Worse than whoever is picking for the New York Knicks, which may just be Dolan? I mean, they traded away friggin' Kristaps Porzingis for no real reason.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    If Taco Fall is there with our 2nd pick we gotta take him. Not high on him but his potential as a big off the bench and matchup problem off the bench similar to Bogdan would be huge. I think he’s going to be a late 1st round pick but I would love to snag him in the 2nd.
    Has to be Tacko or King for me

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Man, I really want Carsen Edwards. He's pretty one dimensional offensively, but he's probably one of the best scorers in the draft IMO.

M
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Really? Worse than whoever is picking for the New York Knicks, which may just be Dolan? I mean, they traded away friggin' Kristaps Porzingis for no real reason.
    Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving go to NY it might now be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Has to be Tacko or King for me
    Tacko is literally just freakishly tall. He has no post moves, is slow, bad feet, terrible vision and poor conditioning. The dude wasn’t even a good college player.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    M

Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving go to NY it might now be a different story.
    Yep. That and I think they wanted assets they could trade to us. Porzingus made it clear he didn’t want to come here

Tacko is literally just freakishly tall. He has no post moves, is slow, bad feet, terrible vision and poor conditioning. The dude wasn’t even a good college player.
    You draft the freaks, athletes and scorers this late in the draft. Let the NBA trainers make their money here.

You draft the freaks, athletes and scorers this late in the draft. Let the NBA trainers make their money here.
    It's not even true. He's slow, sure, but his feet are actually a lot better than you'd expect from a 7'7 player. Take that as a backhanded compliment if you like. He was a good offensive rebounder and excellent rim protector. His issues were clear: absolutely no range on his shot, not a great passer, but to act like he just stands there being 7'7 and does nothing else is absurd.
    Basketball.

How many of those 2nds from the Niko trade would it take to move up and get Bol Bol? I suspect he's going to fall to the later 1st due to his weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    How many of those 2nds from the Niko trade would it take to move up and get Bol Bol? I suspect he's going to fall to the later 1st due to his weight.
    What do we have, total? We have 39 and 57 in this draft, Washington and Milwaukee's 2nds in 2020, and Washington's in 2021.

Would probably cost us both second rounders this year, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's not even true. He's slow, sure, but his feet are actually a lot better than you'd expect from a 7'7 player. Take that as a backhanded compliment if you like. He was a good offensive rebounder and excellent rim protector. His issues were clear: absolutely no range on his shot, not a great passer, but to act like he just stands there being 7'7 and does nothing else is absurd.
    People are entitled to their opinions, but every time I hear “this prospect moves like a cement truck, can’t jump over an ant” yada yada they tend to be wrong. You can’t teach size. In the second round, it isn’t really a gamble.

People are entitled to their opinions, but every time I hear “this prospect moves like a cement truck, can’t jump over an ant” yada yada they tend to be wrong. You can’t teach size. In the second round, it isn’t really a gamble.
    He's not going to win any 100m dash races in the near future, and he doesn't have a 40 inch vertical, but when you can dunk with both feet on the floor you don't need to have much vert at all. Fall has some legitimate skills, and it just annoys me that some people are so blinded by the height of certain players that they refuse to actually evaluate their skillset.

''Oh, he's 7'7 so he must just be some huge lumbering idiot'', get out of here with that lol

He's not going to win any 100m dash races in the near future, and he doesn't have a 40 inch vertical, but when you can dunk with both feet on the floor you don't need to have much vert at all. Fall has some legitimate skills, and it just annoys me that some people are so blinded by the height of certain players that they refuse to actually evaluate their skillset.

''Oh, he's 7'7 so he must just be some huge lumbering idiot'', get out of here with that lol
    Exactly. They don’t actually evaluate the player. They make a sweeping statement and leave in the middle of the night.

Exactly. They don’t actually evaluate the player. They make a sweeping statement and leave in the middle of the night.
    It's not even like they couldn't find real stuff to criticise if they tried. Fall shot 36% from the free throw line this season. That's god awful, and appalling beyond belief. If you wanna criticise something, talk about that. Or about the fact that for a guy who averages so few assists, he turns it over quite a lot. Talk about the fact that he can't shoot outside of about 5 feet - man's got that Ben Simmons range.

I hate saying this because some people on this board use it as a lazy way of dismissing criticism, but sometimes you can really tell when someone just hasn't watched the player they're talking about. 99% of the time when someone says ''oh you haven't watched them play'', they're being stupid and trying to dodge legit criticism with it, but that 1% exists.

Well fell from 37 to 39?

Our future is doomed

It's not even like they couldn't find real stuff to criticise if they tried. Fall shot 36% from the free throw line this season. That's god awful, and appalling beyond belief. If you wanna criticise something, talk about that. Or about the fact that for a guy who averages so few assists, he turns it over quite a lot. Talk about the fact that he can't shoot outside of about 5 feet - man's got that Ben Simmons range.

I hate saying this because some people on this board use it as a lazy way of dismissing criticism, but sometimes you can really tell when someone just hasn't watched the player they're talking about. 99% of the time when someone says ''oh you haven't watched them play'', they're being stupid and trying to dodge legit criticism with it, but that 1% exists.
    i just hope somebody takes him ffs. It would be hilarious to see a tippy toe dunk

i just hope somebody takes him ffs. It would be hilarious to see a tippy toe dunk
    In the real world you have this thing called defense though

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I never said it would be a legal dunk

What do we have, total? We have 39 and 57 in this draft, Washington and Milwaukee's 2nds in 2020, and Washington's in 2021.

Would probably cost us both second rounders this year, at least.
    Yeah I'd assume we could probably combine both 2nds this year and maybe that Washington 2021 2nd and get our way into the early 20s. Maybe throw some cash in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I watched the Suns play this year, you can't lie to me.

Thats not even close to being true. This is worse than hyperbole.

Griff will save us!

Thread Information