.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 64 of 64

Thread: If Davis stays...

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Milsap is a Team Option, NO?
    Just checked, yep you're right. Team option.
    Watching Pelicans games is what Georges Bataille meant by limit experiences.

  2. #52
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Milsap is a Team Option, NO?
    Ah ok, well Denver ain't picking that up lol

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Lespol View Post
    Hey ! I've visited this board for years but never registered. I think it's a good time to finally do it.

    Anyway, if Davis stays, it could be a good idea to trade for a pick between 10 and 15 to draft Sekou Doumbouya (maybe with a second and next year's first). He would be a steal. I've seen a lot of prospects play in France (Tony Parker, Clint Capela, Boris Diaw, Evan Fournier, Nicolas Batum, Rudy Gobert...) and they never impressed me as much as Doumbouya. I don't understand how he can be projected this low when Ntilikina was drafted 8th overall... He's getting better every game, and looks really mature for an 18 years old kid. Yesterday he went for 34 points with 9 rebounds and 5/7 from deep, playing for a team where fans put a lot of pressure on the players. He handled it perfectly and earned every minute on the court putting a lot of energy on both sides of the floor. He has all the tools to succeed, the only question mark being his health as he's been injured multiple times every year as a pro. Otherwise he is a top 3 talent.

    Moreover, this would leave PG as the only need coming into free agency...
    Hey, welcome to the board. I agree that Doumbouya looks fairly promising, but the question is how you'd go about getting him. I can see it happening if you end up taking the Celtics trade for AD, but obviously if you're keeping AD then I don't see any path to it. Got any ideas?

  4. #54
    I don't believe for 1 second that it would take a 1st to unload Hill's contract. He's the final year of an expiring deal and can actually have some value at the deadline due to this. We got 4 2nd round picks when we traded Niko. I think if we really wanted to, we could use 2-3 of those and move Hill.

    Personally, I'd probably just hold onto him to help facilitate a deal at the deadline and then gain an asset for our trouble.

  5. #55
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,748
    A think a team like Miami could use Solo to shed some long term salary and it wouldn't cost a first

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't believe for 1 second that it would take a 1st to unload Hill's contract. He's the final year of an expiring deal and can actually have some value at the deadline due to this. We got 4 2nd round picks when we traded Niko. I think if we really wanted to, we could use 2-3 of those and move Hill.

    Personally, I'd probably just hold onto him to help facilitate a deal at the deadline and then gain an asset for our trouble.
    Sticking with the premise of Davis staying.

    I think it's simple really. You go into free agency looking for a fourth star or a set of long-term, contender level complementary role players, and if you get a verbal commitment you then worry about moving Hill.

  7. #57
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,748
    You have AD/Zion/Jrue you don't need another star

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    You have AD/Zion/Jrue you don't need another star
    In a league where the Warriors exist, yes you do.

    AD/Zion/Jrue is going to need either another star for the short-term while Zion develops, or they are going to need to round out the roster with some Tobias Harris and Malcolm Brogdon caliber players that can offset that core's inherent weaknesses.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Hey, welcome to the board. I agree that Doumbouya looks fairly promising, but the question is how you'd go about getting him. I can see it happening if you end up taking the Celtics trade for AD, but obviously if you're keeping AD then I don't see any path to it. Got any ideas?
    I agree but if you land Tatum, thereís no need for a SF anymore. Thatís why heís relevant only if Davis stays. Maybe he could be gotten with 3 second rounders, maybe 4. The roster would be filled with talent for years to come so that would not be a huge loss.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Sticking with the premise of Davis staying.

    I think it's simple really. You go into free agency looking for a fourth star or a set of long-term, contender level complementary role players, and if you get a verbal commitment you then worry about moving Hill.
    I think that's a really smart way to handle it. Get the player to commit and then worry about the rest after.

    -------------------

    This got me thinking, what level of star would it take for us to bite the bullet and trade Hill for the space?

    Also, what's everyone's feelings on Randle now that we have Zion? Is there a world where Zion, Randle, and AD can exist on the court at the same time? It's hard to say because Zion and Randle fill a very similar role.

  11. #61
    ADfan23 tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I think that's a really smart way to handle it. Get the player to commit and then worry about the rest after.

    -------------------

    This got me thinking, what level of star would it take for us to bite the bullet and trade Hill for the space?

    Also, what's everyone's feelings on Randle now that we have Zion? Is there a world where Zion, Randle, and AD can exist on the court at the same time? It's hard to say because Zion and Randle fill a very similar role.
    Me personally I would go for brogdon and a guy like Ross from the magic... as far a Randle he probably opts out and looks for a pay check I doubt he comes back as a backup... opening money for the pels as well as letting go some of the cap holds the roster has.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

  12. #62
    Who thinks AD stays?????


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I think that's a really smart way to handle it. Get the player to commit and then worry about the rest after.

    -------------------

    This got me thinking, what level of star would it take for us to bite the bullet and trade Hill for the space?

    Also, what's everyone's feelings on Randle now that we have Zion? Is there a world where Zion, Randle, and AD can exist on the court at the same time? It's hard to say because Zion and Randle fill a very similar role.
    I already had a fairly hard limit on Randle. I liked him a lot for the skills he does have (he's an elite inside scorer, has a pretty good handle for big, and developed his shooting well towards the end of the season), but his obvious flaws in places like passing and defense were glaring and inexcusable, imo. I was still willing to keep him though as long as it didn't cost an arm and a leg because where else do we get good players?

    But all of those skills are skills Zion shares, and Zion has the added benefit of being a far better defender and a more willing passer, as well as the fact that he's going to be cheaper and locked up long term. Given those realities, I don't see any need for Randle at all. He's surplus to requirements at this point.

  14. #64
    I can't see Randle staying if AD did. The only way he could stay is at a discount and I don't believe he would be interested in that. Although Kemba Walker might be the best FA signing available, I don't believe the Pelicans can afford him, so I think re-signing Elfrid Payton is probably the likeliest scenario. If there is a way to swing a deal for Brogdon, I am all for it, but with the cap situation being what it is, I think AD staying would require the Pelicans to go with re-signing some of their cheap role players and maybe adding a Bogdanovic or Oubre.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •