Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Odd Zion rumor...

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Or tell him we’ll trade the first pick. More assets to be honest. I’ll trade the pick to highest bidder and then trade AD to the highest bidder. Winning!

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    Or tell him we’ll trade the first pick. More assets to be honest. I’ll trade the pick to highest bidder and then trade AD to the highest bidder. Winning!
    Lose AD and lose Zion!!!

Losing!!!
    Basketball.

"Williamson told ESPN’s Maria Taylor he has never been to New Orleans, but he said he will bring his “will to win” to whichever team ends up drafting him." -ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    "Williamson told ESPN’s Maria Taylor he has never been to New Orleans, but he said he will bring his “will to win” to whichever team ends up drafting him." -ESPN
    Is there a link to this article? Or was it a tweet?

This is shady. But true.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    She interviews Zion on ESPN after the lottery. Think that quote came from there.

I'm not sure what all the hubbub is about. There is a video showing Zion's reaction to NO winning the lottery. It's on Sportscenter's IG page for those who want to see. I think he's knows he's probably the consensus top pick, but he was being humble and didn't want to bring the spotlight to himself any more than the media did during his post lottery interview.

Exactly. I think it’s wishful thinking on the talking idiots part that he would stay in college and nothing more

Quote Originally Posted by R Pelly View Post
    She interviews Zion on ESPN after the lottery. Think that quote came from there.
    Fair enough, makes sense.

This is shady. But true.
    I just realised something.

Zion is the same weight as Cam Jordan, but two inches taller.

Big man hours.

I just realised something.

Zion is the same weight as Cam Jordan, but two inches taller.

Big man hours.
    I really feel like he's not done growing either. I wouldn't be surprised if he got to about 6'9" before he's 21.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    I really feel like he's not done growing either. I wouldn't be surprised if he got to about 6'9" before he's 21.
    He didn't get measured at the combine but I wouldn't be surprised if he was 6'9 now. RJ is listed at 6'7 too and Zion looked solidly taller than him yesterday at the lottery.

They said the same thing about Reggie Bush playing in NewOrleans. This stupid rumors will blow over.

Sorry, best I can do:

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1258611/

That's cool, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    I don’t think he is either. He is just 18 years old! If anything his length will fill out some more. Would be crazy if he hit a Paul George type of growth spurt and gained 2”-3”..

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    If Zion withdraws, what would be really funny is if we trade AD and one of the picks for him ends up being 1st next year.
    Hahaha justice

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Hahaha justice
    You know, maybe I'm crazy for this, but if the rumours ARE true (which I DO NOT BELIEVE THEY ARE) and Zion does tell the team that he will not play for us, then as far as I'm concerned I don't want him. If he's willing to go to back to college to avoid this franchise, then he can go elsewhere. I love his talent, and his ceiling is sky high, but I think at this point I'm just about done with players who don't want to be here.

Eric Gordon, CP3, AD... Just enough, for me.

I think Zion will measure 6’9” at the combine with an almost 7ft wing span

You know, maybe I'm crazy for this, but if the rumours ARE true (which I DO NOT BELIEVE THEY ARE) and Zion does tell the team that he will not play for us, then as far as I'm concerned I don't want him. If he's willing to go to back to college to avoid this franchise, then he can go elsewhere. I love his talent, and his ceiling is sky high, but I think at this point I'm just about done with players who don't want to be here.

Eric Gordon, CP3, AD... Just enough, for me.
    Couldn’t agree more, you shop the hell out of him and you land a stud like Simmons and multiple firsts or something, Zion is icing on the cake, he shouldn’t be ours, we shouldn’t have gotten him, we would get whoever we want for him

Couldn’t agree more, you shop the hell out of him and you land a stud like Simmons and multiple firsts or something, Zion is icing on the cake, he shouldn’t be ours, we shouldn’t have gotten him, we would get whoever we want for him
    I'm not going to take part in any of that ''we shouldn't have gotten him, he shouldn't be ours'' nonsense. We have as much of a right to the #1 pick as any team in the NBA does, and a hell of a lot more right than some. We were unlikely to get him, but with the new lottery rules, EVERYONE was unlikely to get him. We won, we were lucky, and that's enough for me.

I'm just saying that if, in the unlikely circumstance that the rumours are true, that's what my viewpoint would be. I still want him on this team. He's still our best chance moving forward. He's still a transcendent talent who could be a top tier player.

I think Zion will measure 6’9” at the combine with an almost 7ft wing span
    We won't find that out. Check the draft combine thread: he was there today, and didn't get measured. ESPN put his wingspan at 6'11.5'' in their scouting report, but I don't know where they got that from, so it could be true or false.

I'm not going to take part in any of that ''we shouldn't have gotten him, he shouldn't be ours'' nonsense. We have as much of a right to the #1 pick as any team in the NBA does, and a hell of a lot more right than some. We were unlikely to get him, but with the new lottery rules, EVERYONE was unlikely to get him. We won, we were lucky, and that's enough for me.

I'm just saying that if, in the unlikely circumstance that the rumours are true, that's what my viewpoint would be. I still want him on this team. He's still our best chance moving forward. He's still a transcendent talent who could be a top tier player.
    Yeah I know what I mean though is that I thought we would have to give up AD for Zion and that’s it, but now we get Zion AND the possibility of adding even another stud, it’s amazing

Zion's reaction at his interview.....

I saw it as a kid trying to remain humble. Like. He wasn't insinuating that he didn't want to play in NOLA....he was trying to play like "someone could vault me and I won't be the #1 pick."

Ridiculous people are blowing that out of proportion.

If he ends up being 6’7 or 6’8 that is fine, but I agree, he is too young to not keep growing.

The narrative of him going back to school, or sitting a year is foolish. In the land of of the blind, the man with one eye is king. If he sits the Pels still have the most attractive asset in the draft, they hold the rights to Ja Morant.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information