Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Odd Zion rumor...

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Zion's reaction at his interview.....

I saw it as a kid trying to remain humble. Like. He wasn't insinuating that he didn't want to play in NOLA....he was trying to play like "someone could vault me and I won't be the #1 pick."

Ridiculous people are blowing that out of proportion.
    That's what I saw as well. Especially because he didn't just say ''oh, who knows, someone could move over me and I could go #2'', he was like ''Who knows what people will take, and I'll be ready to play for whoever picks in, top 5, or top 10.''

He knows he's not going 10th. Not in a million years. It's just being humble.
    Basketball.

So the media was lying about Zion's reaction when they announced that we got the #1 pick
    https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1128782507816693762?s=21

Does not look upset to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave View Post
    So the media was lying about Zion's reaction when they announced that we got the #1 pick
    https://twitter.com/sportscenter/sta...816693762?s=21

Just embed it for you there

But yeah, you're right. He's grinning. Looks pretty happy, if I were to judge myself. A little nervous too, but definitely not distraught or depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Just embed it for you there

But yeah, you're right. He's grinning. Looks pretty happy, if I were to judge myself. A little nervous too, but definitely not distraught or depressed.
    Thanks. How do you embed a Twitter post.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave View Post
    Thanks. How do you embed a Twitter post.
    When you are looking at the tweet, there will be a little arrow in the top right of the tweet itself. Click that, there will be an option that says ''embed'' or ''embed tweet'' or whatever. Click that, and it will open a page and give you a code. Copy that code, paste it into your post, and it auto-embeds.

I think he just didn't wanna come off as a jerk. People are so wrapped up in the enigma that is Zion, they forget....this os an 18 year old young man from a small town who now has the entire world staring at him. His answer was just like, "You never know, they may like someone other than me." Excuse him for not being pretentious and automatically assuming he was #1.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    I think he just didn't wanna come off as a jerk. People are so wrapped up in the enigma that is Zion, they forget....this os an 18 year old young man from a small town who now has the entire world staring at him. His answer was just like, "You never know, they may like someone other than me." Excuse him for not being pretentious and automatically assuming he was #1.
    Not to mention those god awful interviews kept putting his friend and teammate down in favor of boosting him. Asking really bad questions and just flat out being an endless cringe fest.

I don't blame him for trying to hedge and not look like he's playing into all the big headed bravado going around him.

People are idiots. Seeing what they want to see.

In other news, I watched the Stephen A Smith show for the first time ever. It was actually cathartic and hilarious. I recommend. His over the top antics was, I think, partly honest and mostly mocking how Knicks fans are being, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    People are idiots. Seeing what they want to see.

In other news, I watched the Stephen A Smith show for the first time ever. It was actually cathartic and hilarious. I recommend. His over the top antics was, I think, partly honest and mostly mocking how Knicks fans are being, right now.
    I don't mind Stephen A as much as a lot of people do, partly because I am fully convinced that he is just an actor. Kind of like Skip Bayliss to be honest.

When Max Kellerman, or Colin Cowherd, or Jason Whitlock are being idiots, it's annoying and part of it is because I am convinced that the majority of the time they are serious, and they think they're correct.

With Stephen A? The comic timing is too perfect. The control of his tone of voice is too measured. The way he structures his rants is flawless, the momentum and build-up is seriously impressive stuff. It's like watching a master actor at work. I find it much more difficult to find him pathetic in the same way because I am certain it's just a well crafted performance, and I have to give hats off to that.

For me it’s annoying because so many people get their narrative of the Pels from these talking heads (who know little to nothing about the Pels), and that is the opinion people run with. “The Pels are run by football people who toss horseshoes when they aren’t hunting for alligators.” That’s how people see the Pels, and it makes discussion dumber.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    For me it’s annoying because so many people get their narrative of the Pels from these talking heads (who know little to nothing about the Pels), and that is the opinion people run with. “The Pels are run by football people who toss horseshoes when they aren’t hunting for alligators.” That’s how people see the Pels, and it makes discussion dumber.
    What's wrong with horseshoes? I like alligator meat.

Not a huge fan of Nick Wright in general, but this quote is pretty awesome.

''A lot of the media is based in New York City, and there is obviously a New York bias to this. When was the NBA at it's best? Some people would say the 80s. Knicks weren't any good in the 80s. When was the NBA the next best? Wanna say the Jordan era? The Knicks had a nice moment in the Jordan era, their best moment was of course when Jordan retired and they made an NBA finals. The other peak of the NBA is this last decade. The Lebron-and-Warriors era. The Knicks haven't mattered. The league does not need the New York Knicks. The league needs stars.

Where have been the most interested teams in the last decade? Oakland, Cleveland, Oklahoma City? It is no longer about ''man, you can only see the team in your area, you can only see one NBA game a week'', and so Zion Williamson going to an organisation that now has real leadership in David Griffin that will be able to add another young piece via the Anthony Davis trade... League's gonna be fine. I feel like the other thing that happened here was, people just don't understand probabilities. The Knicks got lucky last night! They had a 73% chance of not getting a top 2 pick, and a 60% chance of not getting a top 3 pick. So they defied the odds by even getting the 3rd pick. It was overwhelmingly unlikely that they were gonna get Zion. The league does not need Zion in New York City. Zion might be bummed cause it seemed like he wanted to be in NYC and in that regard I feel bad for the kid, but I think New Orleans could be a super fun place to live, great food, great people, but I don't think the league missed out on much by not having Zion on a team that's been BAD for decades.''

There's the clip the quote's from.

Quote Originally Posted by HorneyTexan View Post
    was told by a co-worker (Warriors fan) that Zion hasn't signed with an agent. He read/heard somewhere that Zion was so disappointed with potentially being drafted by New Orleans and that because he hasn't signed with an agent, he can return to school or sit out a year.

I personally don't think that would happen but I suppose it's not unreasonable to think it could.
    NOT TRUE!!!!! HE REALLY WAS HOPING TO GO TO NEW YORK BUT HE WILL PLAY FOR THE PELS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HorneyTexan View Post
    was told by a co-worker (Warriors fan) that Zion hasn't signed with an agent. He read/heard somewhere that Zion was so disappointed with potentially being drafted by New Orleans and that because he hasn't signed with an agent, he can return to school or sit out a year.

I personally don't think that would happen but I suppose it's not unreasonable to think it could.

Max Kellerman, or Colin Cowherd, or Jason Whitlock ARE NEW YORK OR LA ASSLICKERS!!!!

NOT TRUE!!!!! HE REALLY WAS HOPING TO GO TO NEW YORK BUT HE WILL PLAY FOR THE PELS!!!

it's not even a rumor its literally something the talking heads came up with on their own

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't mind Stephen A as much as a lot of people do, partly because I am fully convinced that he is just an actor. Kind of like Skip Bayliss to be honest.

When Max Kellerman, or Colin Cowherd, or Jason Whitlock are being idiots, it's annoying and part of it is because I am convinced that the majority of the time they are serious, and they think they're correct.

With Stephen A? The comic timing is too perfect. The control of his tone of voice is too measured. The way he structures his rants is flawless, the momentum and build-up is seriously impressive stuff. It's like watching a master actor at work. I find it much more difficult to find him pathetic in the same way because I am certain it's just a well crafted performance, and I have to give hats off to that.
    I gotta say-- Kellerman is a complete TURD as is CowTURD.
    But, I watched Whitlock yesterday & he said CowTurd was NUTS for spewing this crap.

Jalen Rose
    Nick Wright
    Jason Whitlock
    Cuttino Mobley
    Marcellus Wiley
    Sean Farnham
    Thus far, these are the guys I've heard say that N.O. Is a great place to start Zions career.

Nick Wright told Cowherd he was off his rocker .
    Jake Madison or Oleh - can't remember which , linked to an interview with Asst.Coach at Duke . Asst coach said 180 of Zion wanting to go to N.Y.
    Stated Zion was from a tiny town in S.C. And did NOT like the traffic in N.Y. Coach stated Zion very humble & shy & does NOT like the attention.
    Sooo, take that for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    Excellent. Although I never for a minute believed he wan't coming.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Can go right ahead and lock this now.

This whole narrative is just plain silly and stupid. They had a narrative going about the Cleveland Browns last year before Baker took off. Its a place nobody can win, its a graveyard, yada yada yada. Its a bunch of whiny New Yorkers and LA writers who want to take away as much enthusiasm from us as they can. Its called a lottery for a reason and no one regardless of market is entitled to more than another.

Was he disappointed by the Knicks losing out? I think so. I can’t imagine who wouldn’t want to start their career in a big market where sponsorships and brand deals are easy access. Having said that, he is probably humble enough to know that he has no control over his destination. It was all wacky journalism by the LA NY morons.

If I’m being honest, smaller markets are probably better for young players anyways. They grow at their own place and if they become too big for the franchise, the move on. Big market youngsters flop like flies, and for good reason. The pressure is so much more intense

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Was he disappointed by the Knicks losing out? I think so. I can’t imagine who wouldn’t want to start their career in a big market where sponsorships and brand deals are easy access. Having said that, he is probably humble enough to know that he has no control over his destination. It was all wacky journalism by the LA NY morons.

If I’m being honest, smaller markets are probably better for young players anyways. They grow at their own place and if they become too big for the franchise, the move on. Big market youngsters flop like flies, and for good reason. The pressure is so much more intense
    That's what TMac said. I don't know how much interaction, if any, he has had with Zion or Zion's camp, but he said that he thinks a guy like Zion would do best in a smaller city where there's a little less media pressure, a more intimate relationship with the city, and that Zion would fit well with that ''small town'' atmosphere.

My viewpoint was always that Zion should come here and give us a shot. If he spents 5 years here and we've made no progress as a team, and he isn't having fun, then he can leave and he'll still be barely 23 years old, and in that scenario nobody would blame him. Just give us a shot. And it looks like that's what he's doing, so I'll take it.

Thread Information