Pelicans Report

Thread: Draft Combine News

Draft Combine News

Nothing super unique, just figured I'd put this here so that people can find some easy stats and stuff. I'll keep updating it as things come through.

Basketball.

Bol Bol comes in a touch taller and 15lbs lighter than advertised.

Brandon Clarke with a shorter wingspan than you'd like for an NBA centre.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Bol Bol comes in a touch taller and 15lbs lighter than advertised.
    208lbs at his height is absurdly skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    208lbs at his height is absurdly skinny.
    He was listed at 225lbs in college, which is still too thin, but 208 really is extreme. He needs to put on like 40lbs, minimum.

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/2019-nba-mock-draft.html

Here is a site that I enjoy with scouting reports.

Wow Crazy that Langford is a ghost with zero weight

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He was listed at 225lbs in college, which is still too thin, but 208 really is extreme. He needs to put on like 40lbs, minimum.
    He's untouchable before the 2nd round. I don't care how skilled and how long he is. Maybe he does a Rudy Gobert. But I don't like his long term viability. Even with Aaron Nelson.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He has a 10'2" standing reach. He doesn't need to jump to touch the rim. It's insane that human beings that tall can exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    He has a 10'2" standing reach. He doesn't need to jump to touch the rim. It's insane that human beings that tall can exist.
    And he's built a lot more solidly than Bol Bol. I think if you're looking for that super tall, super shot blocker but you don't want worries about health or weight, Fall is probably a good shot.

The downsides is that he is a truly appalling FT shooter (36% last year), only has range out to around 8 or 10 feet, and is 23.

Kinda wanna draft Fall now, with one of our second rounders if he's still on the board, just so that we can see this regularly:

Holy ******** is this real life?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Hey everyone, Tacko’s NBA talent could really go either way. I attended UCF and have been watching him play for the past 4 years. I’d honestly compare him to Boban Marjanović from the 76ers. I think he’d definitely be worth drafting in the second round if he’s available.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Hey everyone, Tacko’s NBA talent could really go either way. I attended UCF and have been watching him play for the past 4 years. I’d honestly compare him to Boban Marjanović from the 76ers. I think he’d definitely be worth drafting in the second round if he’s available.
    That's my thought. His long range shot is so non-existent and he's 23, so I couldn't justify drafting him highly, but if he's still there in the second round then why not snap him up? Couldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Great comparison! I think he’s a better athlete and obviously taller along with a historic wingspan. I think Taco will go in the mid to late 1st round. I wouldn’t mind trading up somewhere in the 20s to snag him.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-15-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Thread Information