Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Post your favorite National Media Narrative

Everyone I've seen bash NOLA also said homerisms about LA (crying after Dell destroyed them) or NY (salty their franchise is still destined to suck). Anything bad they say is just the bitter tears lashing out. Soak it up as sustenance. Winning breeds hatred from losers.

My thing is this. LA and NY both are dumpster fire organizations. Who's to say they wouldn't be worse with him as opposed to New Orleans, who saw their flaws and decided to really commit to change?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    My thing is this. LA and NY both are dumpster fire organizations. Who's to say they wouldn't be worse with him as opposed to New Orleans, who saw their flaws and decided to really commit to change?
    NBA Media is 90% centralised in LA and NY. There should be no surprise that they're annoyed when other teams get good news. It's like SAS being annoyed that Toronto moved into the ECF, solely because he doesn't personally feel like travelling for it. It's just tantrums, sulking, and nonsense.

Until Woj comes out with a report saying Zion has announced that he won't play for NOLA, then it's just sour grapes.
    Basketball.

Yep. They don't pander to the NY and LA franchises. It's to the fanbases. For ratings. Two major.media outlets either hate us for the AD trade debacle.or are jealous over the lotto results. That's a lot of bitterness. The more bitterness they can get out from talling heads lashing out at us, the higher the ratings go. We are a small market riding high from last night. They can bash us to almost no kickback. It's all about ratings.

Cowherd needs to be stoned

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If (and I don't believe this happens whatsoever) Zion tells us that he's not going to play for us, at all, then he goes back to Duke. We'll hold his draft rights for years. Hope he has fun not getting paid in college.
    That's exactly what I've told two idiots on Twitter. He's an early entrant. He has to wait a year AFTER he's a non early entrant to try to enter again. So he'll spite us, a team he has no reason to be spiteful of other than it would be convenient for teams that aren't us, and waste literally 4 years of his career and risk injury with no protections in place but his insurance payout. Maybe.

Yeah. It's cute watching everyone squirm and writhe in agony that we're getting a little som'-somethin'.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Yep. They don't pander to the NY and LA franchises. It's to the fanbases. For ratings. Two major.media outlets either hate us for the AD trade debacle.or are jealous over the lotto results. That's a lot of bitterness. The more bitterness they can get out from talling heads lashing out at us, the higher the ratings go. We are a small market riding high from last night. They can bash us to almost no kickback. It's all about ratings.
    That's the vibe I get. They just HAVE to have him in the big money market, because they wanna be in New York and Los Angeles compared to a place like New Orleans or OKC. I have to laugh at the report that Zion was whisked away because "he was upset". Even though he was laughing and joking with Barrett while the picks were made. They only whisked him away because THEY were interviewing him in a separate area ����

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That's exactly what I've told two idiots on Twitter. He's an early entrant. He has to wait a year AFTER he's a non early entrant to try to enter again. So he'll spite us, a team he has no reason to be spiteful of other than it would be convenient for teams that aren't us, and waste literally 4 years of his career and risk injury with no protections in place but his insurance payout. Maybe.

Yeah. It's cute watching everyone squirm and writhe in agony that we're getting a little som'-somethin'.
    The Elite Sports media appears to be one big colostomy bag & I am loving every minute of it.

Plus, I want David Griffin's autograph !

It would look so bad for the NBA if Zion held out. No way in hell they let that happen these days. It’s all nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It would look so bad for the NBA if Zion held out. No way in hell they let that happen these days. It’s all nonsense.
    Would be bad for the Pelicans, bad for Zion, bad for the league, bad for the TV deals, bad for merchandising. It's just not going to happen.

It would only be good for talking heads, and I'm not talking about David Byrne.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Cowherd needs to be stoned

Colin Cowherd is the king of all clowns. Has been for over a decade. I don't know why people still like him. Dude says the most outrageous garbage.

Media: ''Zion wants to win! That's why he wants to go to LA, or NY.''

LA: Hasn't made the playoffs in 7 years.

NY: Has won 62 fewer games than the New Orleans Pelicans since 2000, despite the fact that New Orleans didn't even have this team until 2002-03.

NOLA: Swept the 3rd seed last playoffs, a team that is currently in the WCF, has produced a DPOY and MVP finalist twice in the last 5 years.

Which team has done the most winning recently?

Media: ''Zion wants to win! That's why he wants to go to LA, or NY.''

LA: Hasn't made the playoffs in 7 years.

NY: Has won 62 fewer games than the New Orleans Pelicans since 2000, despite the fact that New Orleans didn't even have this team until 2002-03.

NOLA: Swept the 3rd seed last playoffs, a team that is currently in the WCF, has produced a DPOY and MVP finalist twice in the last 5 years.

Which team has done the most winning recently?
    Because they think all the superstars and their mothers are gonna play for LA and NY. It's laughable. When discussing a superstar and his future, it's always "Oh he's going to either LA or NY."

It's cringeworthy, but when it doesn't go their way, it's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Because they think all the superstars and their mothers are gonna play for LA and NY. It's laughable. When discussing a superstar and his future, it's always "Oh he's going to either LA or NY."

It's cringeworthy, but when it doesn't go their way, it's hilarious.
    You'd think they'd get over it at some point. The league is making money, they're making money (Stephen A Smith's recent contract is huge), they get to travel a bunch, the league is full of great cities. Especially when LA and NY aren't free agent hubs. Aside from LBJ, who has non-basketball reasons to be in LA, when was the last time either the Lakers or the Knicks got a top tier free agent?

New York and LA might be cool places, but that doesn't mean they're the only cool places. New Orleans isn't for everyone, sure, but if it's for you, it's for you.** Miami is a cool place. Toronto is a super super modern metropolis. It's not all NY or LA.

**Just a caveat here: I have never actually been to New Orleans, so I'm just basing this off what people say.

Jalen Rose has our back I think. He pretty much just said since when did NBA revolve around LA and NY.

Finally something positive...

https://youtu.be/J8-tU8pcBuU

You'd think they'd get over it at some point. The league is making money, they're making money (Stephen A Smith's recent contract is huge), they get to travel a bunch, the league is full of great cities. Especially when LA and NY aren't free agent hubs. Aside from LBJ, who has non-basketball reasons to be in LA, when was the last time either the Lakers or the Knicks got a top tier free agent?

New York and LA might be cool places, but that doesn't mean they're the only cool places. New Orleans isn't for everyone, sure, but if it's for you, it's for you.** Miami is a cool place. Toronto is a super super modern metropolis. It's not all NY or LA.

**Just a caveat here: I have never actually been to New Orleans, so I'm just basing this off what people say.
    Take it from someone who lives 30 minutes from, AND works in New York City. NYC is the most overrated city. There are cool aspects of it, yes, but there is nothing overwhelmingly special about it besides the money that comes with it.

LA is much better, especially with the weather factoring into it. The traffic is probably worse than NY. But I get the allure with living there.

But New Orleans is awesome. It's such a cool city with so much culture. The traffic isn't nearly as bad as NY or LA. The food is to die for. The people are welcoming. The weather is great. Everything you can ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Jalen Rose has our back I think. He pretty much just said since when did NBA revolve around LA and NY.
    Can you send us that video?

Also, and this is only half-way related but I still think it's worth just throwing out there.

A lot of people talk about how players want to play in LA or Miami because of the weather and stuff...

Not everyone likes hot weather tho. I know I don't.

Irving stays in Boston, Durant stays in GS or goes back To OKC. I’m trying to read his mind. NY loses out on everything now.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-15-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Finally something positive...

https://youtu.be/J8-tU8pcBuU
    ''Your mindset has to be, 'I'm going to make this the best team possible'. It's not dysfunctional in New Orleans as everyone is saying. They went to the playoffs twice with Anthony Davis, they won a series: dysfunction is teams that haven't even made the playoffs in that seven year stretch! [Lakers] that's one of 'em. I mean, if we're really gonna just call dysfunction what it is, it's not the oxygen in the room. It's not the walls. It's the people, it's the management, and they have different management, they have David Griffin. So, if I'm Zion, I've got a singular focus to get there, show that I belong in the NBA, that I am a superstar, not just hype, and go out there and just ball. Whoever's with me.''

That's that real talk right there.

Also shout out to Stephen Jackson there for saying that Zion needs to go to ''a great city like New Orleans'', appreciate his opportunity to play in the league where a lot of people don't get the chance, and just play, ''focus on your career and don't worry about everybody else.''

That's what I like to hear.

Jason Whitlock also, who I generally don't like, wins me over a little here whne he says that ''If I'm Zion Williamson and I'm from the South, I grew up in South Carolina, I'm not afraid of being in the South, I like the South, then New Orleans is a perfect situation.''

Cuttino Mobley is about as stupid as his name.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 05-15-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

Irving stays in Boston, Durant stays in GS or goes back To OKC. I’m trying to read his mind. NY loses out on everything now.
    I love when Stephen A goes on those rants. The man is a walking meme hahaha

SAS throws everyone under the bus even Spike Lee in that rant

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I love when Stephen A goes on those rants. The man is a walking meme hahaha
    ''AHM TICKT AWF!!!

Thread Information