Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Opportunity to rebuild the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I like the Knicks package the best. At this point its not even close.

#3, Smith Jr, Robinson, Knox (tho not crazy about him) and whatever fillers that make the trade possible. There is a chance Memphis takes Barrett over Morant. Oh boy!

I only like the Knicks package if Morant is available at #3 instead of RJ. I think (while best friends) people underestimate how much Barrett doesn’t want his star tied to Zion forever.

Rj wants to compete against Zion.

I like the Knicks package the best. At this point its not even close.

#3, Smith Jr, Robinson, Knox (tho not crazy about him) and whatever fillers that make the trade possible. There is a chance Memphis takes Barrett over Morant. Oh boy!
    No... Grizz been adament about getting Morant. Barrett poor shooting is a big issue.

I really like to get a shooter out of the gate and the only one remotely fits the bill is Hunter. Hunter is just a spot up shooter. So, he has to develop some offense.
    Last edited by Taker597; 05-16-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    I only like the Knicks package if Morant is available at #3 instead of RJ. I think (while best friends) people underestimate how much Barrett doesn’t want his star tied to Zion forever.

That's not the point. If you, as the GM of the Pels, think that the Knicks pick is better than, say, the Lakers trade, then you make the Knicks trade every time regardless of whether or not Barrett wants his star tied to Zion or not. Either he ends up staying and you have the two actually enjoying playing together, or he's unhappy and you have him as an asset to move later for something else.
    Basketball.

I pay no attention to "reports" right now. Teams play these games this time of year. There is no way a team just locks in when they have a chance at a 6'8" guard/wing that can run point. Especially one coming out of the Duke machine. Those dont come around often.

Dont fall for the okie doke. But I'm fine with either at #3.
    Last edited by luckyman; 05-16-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    No... Grizz been adament about getting Morant. Barrett poor shooting is a big issue.

I really like to get a shooter out of the gate and the only one remotely fits the bill is Hunter. Hunter is just a spot up shooter. So, he has to develop some offense.
    The Grizz havent been adamant about anything. Anonymous "reports" have. Barrett is coming out of 1 year of college. Judging his stroke today when he has no mechancial issues is fool hardy.

Some incredibly insightful reporting by BR here, absolutely amazing. Would never have known without this.

The Grizz havent been adamant about anything. Anonymous "reports" have. Barrett is coming out of 1 year of college. Judging his stroke today when he has no mechancial issues is fool hardy.
    Yeah... Totally. The Grizz gonna pass on the 2nd best prospect in the draft because they like the guy that cost Zion an NCAA title because his shooting sucks. Cool bean.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Some incredibly insightful reporting by BR here, absolutely amazing. Would never have known without this.
    I would have though he would want to fall to the second round so the Pels can get him. If he doesn't go 2nd of course.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I would have though he would want to fall to the second round so the Pels can get him. If he doesn't go 2nd of course.
    How weird would it be if he was like ''Oh, if I don't go second I'd want to go... 16th'' or something.

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    I think (while best friends) people underestimate how much Barrett doesn’t want his star tied to Zion forever.

How do you know that?

Thread Information