Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Not Everyone in the media is bashing us

Pelicans Not Everyone in the media is bashing us

I found some media love, The Warriors&NBA on TNT sideline reporter

Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-14-2019 at 11:05 PM.

I'm assuming he is endorsing us

A Boston accent wrote that report.
    Basketball.

The Boston is accent is the most absolute worst.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I don't know if it's just cause I'm from England. Maybe in America, that god-awful butchering of vowels is sexy? Who knows.

Zion Zion Zion Zion Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooon.

Vowels sound good.

ESPN is not very happy about this. I'd avoid that spot even harder.

And I'd marry Rosalyn. That is a beautiful beautiful woman.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Stan be reppin the N.O hard at ESPN. He’s that dude even though he went to St Aug.

But why are they acting like New Orleans just got a franchise? They've all had to cover basketball games here before. Franchise even won the draft lottery not that long ago.

Wierd.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Bwustahn

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I saw Stan @LAX once. On a flight to MSY. I had my Saints hat on he came behind me and yelled "Who Dat" we a quick laugh about it. He seems like a really cool guy.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Stan be reppin the N.O hard at ESPN. He’s that dude even though he went to St Aug.
    He went to St. Aug? That's crazy I went there and never knew.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    He went to St. Aug? That's crazy I went there and never knew.
    Yeah

https://www.google.com/search?q=stan...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_964 May. 15 09.14.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	6407

The National media is mad mad right now. It’s beautiful.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Burn baby burn lol

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Blog Entries
    They'll be even more mad when the Bucks and Pelicans are battling it out for titles for the next decade.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

SAS meltdown is glorious. Something tells me the Durant injury is worse than thought.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I saw Stan @LAX once. On a flight to MSY. I had my Saints hat on he came behind me and yelled "Who Dat" we a quick laugh about it. He seems like a really cool guy.
    That's a cool story. Easy for media guys to have a big head. Nice to hear he's a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gerrity View Post
    They'll be even more mad when the Bucks and Pelicans are battling it out for titles for the next decade.
    No doubt. And if Leonard stays in Toronto, and if Kyrie leaves Boston things will only get better.

BTW, WTH does “big market” mean anyway? When people say “player X needs to go to a “big market”” they are only ever eluding to LA or NY, but Chicago, Houston, Philly, Phx, SA, Dallas, are those not all “big markets”? What qualifies as a “big market”?

No doubt. And if Leonard stays in Toronto, and if Kyrie leaves Boston things will only get better.

BTW, WTH does “big market” mean anyway? When people say “player X needs to go to a “big market”” they are only ever eluding to LA or NY, but Chicago, Houston, Philly, Phx, SA, Dallas, are those not all “big markets”? What qualifies as a “big market”?
    no what I love is this the nba needs the laker or nyk to be great like what does that even mean? bc the nba is in its greatest era and it's ruled by mostly small markets

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    no what I love is this the nba needs the laker or nyk to be great like what does that even mean? bc the nba is in its greatest era and it's ruled by mostly small markets

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    I must say- If AD was mature enough to eat crow (I don't think he is). How on Gods green earth could he NOT think that N.O. is ideal ? We've established Jrue & eventually Z as the Alpha's.
    Plus, we can offer him 48 mill per. Plus, NY & LA are going to CRUSH HIM IN TAXES.

...we get to go McDonalds

They mean a team with basketball history. New Orleans issue here is it's a football town + small in terms of economy. If you replaced football town with basketball town, it'd be fine. In this case, what's triggering the hate is that you never want to see a superstar go to a team that has botched superstars before. We've had two in the last 10 or so years with CP3 and AD. They both wanted to leave. So no one wants this for Zion.

It's now David Griffin's job to turn this around. Prior to Sean Payton, same thing with the Saints. We weren't even considered a football town then because we struggled to sell out games. We started winning and now we're in the top 5 or so cities when you think of a football town.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I must say- If AD was mature enough to eat crow (I don't think he is). How on Gods green earth could he NOT think that N.O. is ideal ? We've established Jrue & eventually Z as the Alpha's.
    Plus, we can offer him 48 mill per. Plus, NY & LA are going to CRUSH HIM IN TAXES.
    No one cares about taxes. The quality of life in those cities more than make up for that piece. AD's mentally moved on, so it's tough.

And I'd venture to say the bigger reason he's still wanting to leave is because of the options that have been thrown out there. He's either headed to LA with LeBron, NY with Durant, or Boston with Kyrie. If the Pelicans leak something like "we really like the timberwolves deal with KAT" he'll be happy to return to NOLA like a little fat kid on the first day of king cake season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    No one cares about taxes. The quality of life in those cities more than make up for that piece. AD's mentally moved on, so it's tough.

And I'd venture to say the bigger reason he's still wanting to leave is because of the options that have been thrown out there. He's either headed to LA with LeBron, NY with Durant, or Boston with Kyrie. If the Pelicans leak something like "we really like the timberwolves deal with KAT" he'll be happy to return to NOLA like a little fat kid on the first day of king cake season.
    No one cares about taxes is as close to absurd as you can get.
    For every 1 million Dollars AD would make here, it would cost AD 100,000 bucks off the top in LA.
    So 1) we can offer AD 70 mill more than anyone else.
    2) If LA could offer the same 48,000,000. It would be a 4,800,000 dollar haircut IMMEDIATELY.
    3) This is not counting Real Estate taxes, Road Taxes & on and on.
    4) How is quality of life better in NY and LA ? That is proposterous.

Thread Information