.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 40 of 40

Thread: Not Everyone in the media is bashing us

  1. #26
    ...we get to go McDonalds
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    No one cares about taxes is as close to absurd as you can get.
    For every 1 million Dollars AD would make here, it would cost AD 100,000 bucks off the top in LA.
    So 1) we can offer AD 70 mill more than anyone else.
    2) If LA could offer the same 48,000,000. It would be a 4,800,000 dollar haircut IMMEDIATELY.
    3) This is not counting Real Estate taxes, Road Taxes & on and on.
    4) How is quality of life better in NY and LA ? That is proposterous.
    Where have you lived? Where do you currently live? Listen to what AD is telling you. HE IS TELLING YOU HE WANTS TO PAY MORE TAXES TO LIVE IN LOS ANGELES. AND TAKE LESS MONEY.

    Do you understand how supply and demand works? Most people would prefer to live in NY and LA. It's the quality of life. Even with the taxes, people prefer these places. It's the reason those places are so much more expensive. It's the demand side of things. There is no arguing this.

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Where have you lived? Where do you currently live? Listen to what AD is telling you. HE IS TELLING YOU HE WANTS TO PAY MORE TAXES TO LIVE IN LOS ANGELES. AND TAKE LESS MONEY.

    Do you understand how supply and demand works? Most people would prefer to live in NY and LA. It's the quality of life. Even with the taxes, people prefer these places. It's the reason those places are so much more expensive. It's the demand side of things. There is no arguing this.
    You obviously haven't actually lived in California, have you?

  3. #28
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Where have you lived? Where do you currently live? Listen to what AD is telling you. HE IS TELLING YOU HE WANTS TO PAY MORE TAXES TO LIVE IN LOS ANGELES. AND TAKE LESS MONEY.

    Do you understand how supply and demand works? Most people would prefer to live in NY and LA. It's the quality of life. Even with the taxes, people prefer these places. It's the reason those places are so much more expensive. It's the demand side of things. There is no arguing this.
    Ugh ! Everything you just said is scary wrong. There is practically nobody in flyover country that wants to leave flyover country.
    80% of N.Y. State is w/in the 5 boroughs ! It's the BUSINESS Capitol of the world. You keep saying quality of life! What does that mean? Unless you like Hollywood or the beach, what is California ? It's a Mecca for illegal immigrants, a Mecca for high taxes, a Mecca for wildfires, earthquakes & droughts. California is going broke , because they are either rich, on welfare or aren't paying a dime in taxes (sending all of their under the table money ) home to Cental America.

  4. #29
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! bahmamamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Ugh ! Everything you just said is scary wrong. There is practically nobody in flyover country that wants to leave flyover country.
    80% of N.Y. State is w/in the 5 boroughs ! It's the BUSINESS Capitol of the world. You keep saying quality of life! What does that mean? Unless you like Hollywood or the beach, what is California ? It's a Mecca for illegal immigrants, a Mecca for high taxes, a Mecca for wildfires, earthquakes & droughts. California is going broke , because they are either rich, on welfare or aren't paying a dime in taxes (sending all of their under the table money ) home to Cental America.
    is it cali or port doing the poop tax now?

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Ugh ! Everything you just said is scary wrong. There is practically nobody in flyover country that wants to leave flyover country.
    80% of N.Y. State is w/in the 5 boroughs ! It's the BUSINESS Capitol of the world. You keep saying quality of life! What does that mean? Unless you like Hollywood or the beach, what is California ? It's a Mecca for illegal immigrants, a Mecca for high taxes, a Mecca for wildfires, earthquakes & droughts. California is going broke , because they are either rich, on welfare or aren't paying a dime in taxes (sending all of their under the table money ) home to Cental America.
    I’ll be honest, I work for a BBB in Houston, and I know that at some point I will have to move to either SF or NYC. Charlotte is becoming more of a center of the banking world, so maybe that is something to hope for.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

  6. #31
    Ok he went long before my time. If I would have known I would have said something the time I saw him. Us Knights stick together.

  7. #32
    ...we get to go McDonalds
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Ugh ! Everything you just said is scary wrong. There is practically nobody in flyover country that wants to leave flyover country.
    80% of N.Y. State is w/in the 5 boroughs ! It's the BUSINESS Capitol of the world. You keep saying quality of life! What does that mean? Unless you like Hollywood or the beach, what is California ? It's a Mecca for illegal immigrants, a Mecca for high taxes, a Mecca for wildfires, earthquakes & droughts. California is going broke , because they are either rich, on welfare or aren't paying a dime in taxes (sending all of their under the table money ) home to Cental America.
    Stop being so defensive. These are the most visited cities in the United States by # of visitors:

    1. New York City
    2. Chicago
    3. Atlanta
    4. Anaheim
    5. Orlando
    6. Los Angeles
    7. Las Vegas
    8. Philadelphia
    9. San Diego
    10. San Francisco

    That's where people want to visit. They also happen to be the majority of the top ten cities according to price per square foot and by nielsen market size.

    My personal preferences don't matter. Your personal preferences don't matter. To act like people don't generally prefer big cities and what they offer (in terms of nightlife, food, beaches, etc) is putting your head in the sand. In terms of Zion or most 20 year olds with $$$ --- they want beaches, big city nightlife, diversity, girls, and diversity of girls. Of course they'll want LA or NYC. You'd have to be a home body or married to not want it.

  8. #33
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Stop being so defensive. These are the most visited cities in the United States by # of visitors:

    1. New York City
    2. Chicago
    3. Atlanta
    4. Anaheim
    5. Orlando
    6. Los Angeles
    7. Las Vegas
    8. Philadelphia
    9. San Diego
    10. San Francisco

    That's where people want to visit. They also happen to be the majority of the top ten cities according to price per square foot and by nielsen market size.

    My personal preferences don't matter. Your personal preferences don't matter. To act like people don't generally prefer big cities and what they offer (in terms of nightlife, food, beaches, etc) is putting your head in the sand. In terms of Zion or most 20 year olds with $$$ --- they want beaches, big city nightlife, diversity, girls, and diversity of girls. Of course they'll want LA or NYC. You'd have to be a home body or married to not want it.
    Whatever, dude. Not worth my time.
    So wanting to visit is same as wanting to live, I guess? Your argument is silly, because it is 100% opinion, thus NOT fact.
    Zion's coach at Duke states that Zion was intimidated by the traffic in New York. He's an 18yr old kid from a town of 4,000 in S.C.
    He does not like the bright lights at all.
    So, I'll be expecting you to notify us when you head to either coast to live.
    You've changed the goalpost in this discussion 3 times thus far.
    Diversity of girls !??? Lolololololololol . Oh gracious. What time is your next class ? What are you, 19? This conversation is over!
    Last edited by Tinman; 05-16-2019 at 05:37 PM.

  9. #34
    ...we get to go McDonalds
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,630
    Agreed

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Stop being so defensive. These are the most visited cities in the United States by # of visitors:

    1. New York City
    2. Chicago
    3. Atlanta
    4. Anaheim
    5. Orlando
    6. Los Angeles
    7. Las Vegas
    8. Philadelphia
    9. San Diego
    10. San Francisco

    That's where people want to visit. They also happen to be the majority of the top ten cities according to price per square foot and by nielsen market size.

    My personal preferences don't matter. Your personal preferences don't matter. To act like people don't generally prefer big cities and what they offer (in terms of nightlife, food, beaches, etc) is putting your head in the sand. In terms of Zion or most 20 year olds with $$$ --- they want beaches, big city nightlife, diversity, girls, and diversity of girls. Of course they'll want LA or NYC. You'd have to be a home body or married to not want it.
    Most visited has nothing to do with most desired. All those cities are larger than new orleans with larger airports. That list is simply a numbers game and useless in terms of life quality. Many people simply go there for work.

    Of all the people I know that lived/worked in California, most of them prefer Nor Cal, while only maybe 2 out of 10 liked Los Angeles. Some of whom have now lived and worked in New Orleans for a decade but arent from NOLA.

    For a city as small as Nola it holds its own against much larger places. Stuff like New Orleans being a 24/7 city versus a place like a L.A. where everything is closed by 2 am makes it preferable to some if not many. But you probably didnt know that.

    Before you assume so much you need to actually go there first. I'd personally prefer Toronto and New Orleans over both NY and L.A.

    As far as nightlife in American cities, most lists start off like this:

    https://www.skyscanner.com/tips-and-...-united-states

    https://www.travelandleisure.com/sli...=111828#111828
    Last edited by luckyman; 05-16-2019 at 07:55 PM.

  11. #36
    Being an bigger TV market does not mean they have the best ratings....

  12. #37

  13. #38
    1st Round Pick LouisianaJoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La
    Posts
    46
    Regarding markets, y'all are clueless.

    Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaJoseph View Post
    Regarding markets, y'all are clueless.

    Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the input.
    Watching Pelicans games is what Georges Bataille meant by limit experiences.

  15. #40
    1st Round Pick LouisianaJoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Thank you for the input.
    Anytime.

    Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •