.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 99 of 127 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

  1. #2451
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    As I've stated already

    Ingram, Ball, #4 => Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, #12 (or higher)

    Waiting to do the trade gave us the best odds of getting Zion, which we did, and clearly it didn't harm the Lakers offer because even after a huge jump in the lottery the Lakers are offering all their main pieces except for Kuzma.

    This also ignores the facts that the Lakers offered Ingram, Ball, #4 and Griff told them NO, he wants more. So what we end up getting for AD will be better than that offer.

    In no sense of the word did waiting cost us assets.
    Waiting didn't increase our chances. Getting draft picks increased our chances.

  2. #2452
    NOLA Sports Addict Smow-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southern Louisiana
    Posts
    789
    This dude reputable?

    https://mobile.twitter.com/ScoopB/st...75174307958785

    Also how do I embed a tweet?
    Last edited by Smow-; 06-13-2019 at 07:58 AM.
    Jrue dat

  3. #2453
    https://youtu.be/QTuRpFBo6_U

    Probably the most intelligent take I've seen from talking heads on the entire AD trade situation.

    I'll paraphrase a few points but it's worth a watch if you're interested in the current state of trade talks.

    1) If the Pelicans actually liked the #4 overall pick a deal would probably be done by now. They aren't super high on it and so are trying to get the Lakers to go get an asset they actually like for that pick.

    2) they don't think Kuzma is a hold up at all. If Nola really would do the deal if they added Kuzma the deal would be done. The issue is finding value for #4.

    3) they don't think Boston backs away from the trade due to any AD comments.

    4) KD's injury has made Boston think an AD trade is even more important because getting AD is their path to getting Kyrie to resign.

  4. #2454
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Waiting didn't increase our chances. Getting draft picks increased our chances.
    Waiting 100% increased our chances because it allowed for all draft picks we could get to have the best odds of getting #1.

    AGAIN, Look at the Lakers. If we do that trade with them they aren't tanking to end the season and we could have possibly ended up with a non lottery pick. By waiting they tanked, we sat AD as much as possible, and we both increased our chances of getting the #1 pick.

    WHICH WORKED. WE GOT ZION.

    I can't tell if people are being willfully ignorant or just can't admit they were wrong so they just cover their ears and pretend they don't understand anything.

  5. #2455
    to the 4th point, I dont think Kyrie will be signing. However, adding AD is always a good move as it will help create excitement to the fan base at minimum of a year which will give them time to refocus and maybe even convince him to stay. Its a good move for Boston as they have a plenty of picks to basically risk.

  6. #2456
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Waiting 100% increased our chances because it allowed for all draft picks we could get to have the best odds of getting #1.

    AGAIN, Look at the Lakers. If we do that trade with them they aren't tanking to end the season and we could have possibly ended up with a non lottery pick. By waiting they tanked, we sat AD as much as possible, and we both increased our chances of getting the #1 pick.

    WHICH WORKED. WE GOT ZION.

    I can't tell if people are being willfully ignorant or just can't admit they were wrong so they just cover their ears and pretend they don't understand anything.
    Exactly. Its the butterfly effect where a decision influenced everything just so in the perfect way to place us in that #1 spot. Either way, its a nice view up here.

  7. #2457
    7 days to the draft so a decision soon would be great. I'd prefer any trade that is more future trades heavy and 1 really solid starter with a solid backup.

  8. #2458
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Waiting 100% increased our chances because it allowed for all draft picks we could get to have the best odds of getting #1.

    AGAIN, Look at the Lakers. If we do that trade with them they aren't tanking to end the season and we could have possibly ended up with a non lottery pick. By waiting they tanked, we sat AD as much as possible, and we both increased our chances of getting the #1 pick.

    WHICH WORKED. WE GOT ZION.

    I can't tell if people are being willfully ignorant or just can't admit they were wrong so they just cover their ears and pretend they don't understand anything.
    Injuries ruined the Lakers season. Either Lakers or Knicks would have been just as bad with Davis after trading away the team.

    Lol at willful ignorance. That seems to be coming from your side where I'm standing. We hit a 6% chance and everyone is like see that was the most probable outcome. Lol ok clearly not everyone understands math. Arguing from hindsight is everyone superpowers.

  9. #2459
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Injuries ruined the Lakers season. Either Lakers or Knicks would have been just as bad with Davis after trading away the team.

    Lol at willful ignorance. That seems to be coming from your side where I'm standing. We hit a 6% chance and everyone is like see that was the most probable outcome. Lol ok clearly not everyone understands math. Arguing from hindsight is everyone superpowers.
    To be fair, I see your point of the math being the same. Think of it this way...say the lottery was based on chairs in a room. Everyone has a chair. Now you go to sit down but say the chair has a stain in it so you are like oh hell no so you sit in the next chair. Some how you win the lottery sitting in that chair. Now your odds never changed but the circumstances of pulling that number would of only happened if for not that little poop poop stain in the initial chair you were going to sit in.

    hope that helps.

  10. #2460
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    Does this help lessen the blow for the Celtics to trade Tatum to the Pels? Ha ha ha

    Jayson Tatum Angers Boston Fans By Celebrating St. Louis Blues Stanley Cup Title https://thebiglead.com/2019/06/12/ja...y-cup-celtics/ via @thebiglead
    That guy is a Blues fan?!

    (Immediately becomes worse than Lakers assets)


  11. #2461
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Waiting 100% increased our chances because it allowed for all draft picks we could get to have the best odds of getting #1.

    AGAIN, Look at the Lakers. If we do that trade with them they aren't tanking to end the season and we could have possibly ended up with a non lottery pick. By waiting they tanked, we sat AD as much as possible, and we both increased our chances of getting the #1 pick.

    WHICH WORKED. WE GOT ZION.

    I can't tell if people are being willfully ignorant or just can't admit they were wrong so they just cover their ears and pretend they don't understand anything.
    WHICH doesn't even take conspiracy theories into account. We are getting shellacked and then all of a sudden pull off an improbable lotto win. The Lakers need assets and BOOM they make the leap......c'mon guys.....had we traded pretrade deadline and controlled both picks, the NBA mafia would not have raised both picks so high.

  12. #2462
    Good morning everyone!

  13. #2463
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Good morning everyone!
    good morning it is as we patiently await more news

  14. #2464
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Injuries ruined the Lakers season. Either Lakers or Knicks would have been just as bad with Davis after trading away the team.

    Lol at willful ignorance. That seems to be coming from your side where I'm standing. We hit a 6% chance and everyone is like see that was the most probable outcome. Lol ok clearly not everyone understands math. Arguing from hindsight is everyone superpowers.
    If the Lakers made the trade for AD they would have had zero reasons to tank because they already gave away their pick to us this year.

    It wasn't just about hitting the 6% chance. It was about having the best chance at getting Zion. We do a deal with the Lakers who don't tank and squeak into the playoffs as an 8 seed and suddenly that #4 pick is #15/16. By not trading AD at the deadline we could negotiate with WHOEVER won the draft. You're only looking at our 6% odds and ignoring everything else not trading AD did to help increase our chances of getting Zion.

    Yes, being unable to grasp this is willful ignorance.

  15. #2465
    Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    To be fair, I see your point of the math being the same. Think of it this way...say the lottery was based on chairs in a room. Everyone has a chair. Now you go to sit down but say the chair has a stain in it so you are like oh hell no so you sit in the next chair. Some how you win the lottery sitting in that chair. Now your odds never changed but the circumstances of pulling that number would of only happened if for not that little poop poop stain in the initial chair you were going to sit in.

    hope that helps.
    I think some people are arguing because the best case scenario played out therefore that was the most logical play. Ignoring that we will never know how changing anything would impact the end results. The most logical thing to do was to get as many ping pong balls we could by securing as many high end lotto picks we could.

    At the time people thought waiting for the Celtics would equal a better deal. The rumors have the Lakers taking Kuzma off the table and Boston deal isn't what Ainge offered Demps to get him to wait.

  16. #2466
    Advocate article, It might be better for Griff to be patient



    Waiting till the last second could be our biggest benefit.

  17. #2467
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I think some people are arguing because the best case scenario played out therefore that was the most logical play. Ignoring that we will never know how changing anything would impact the end results. The most logical thing to do was to get as many ping pong balls we could by securing as many high end lotto picks we could.

    At the time people thought waiting for the Celtics would equal a better deal. The rumors have the Lakers taking Kuzma off the table and Boston deal isn't what Ainge offered Demps to get him to wait.
    That may very well be the case but what can you do now.

  18. #2468
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If the Lakers made the trade for AD they would have had zero reasons to tank because they already gave away their pick to us this year.

    It wasn't just about hitting the 6% chance. It was about having the best chance at getting Zion. We do a deal with the Lakers who don't tank and squeak into the playoffs as an 8 seed and suddenly that #4 pick is #15/16. By not trading AD at the deadline we could negotiate with WHOEVER won the draft. You're only looking at our 6% odds and ignoring everything else not trading AD did to help increase our chances of getting Zion.

    Yes, being unable to grasp this is willful ignorance.
    The best chance to get Zion was to trade AD to the Knicks before the deadline. I'd add to that moving Jrue to PHX for there pick if that was something possible. That would have given this franchise the maximum amount of shots at Williamson.

    Your scenario falsely assumes teams would have traded the number 1 pick once they knew they already had the number 1 pick. Knicks may just say f it and run with Zion. Lakers may do the same on the off chance they win. And those were the only two teams that had a chance to win that would legitimately considered making the deal.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 06-13-2019 at 08:48 AM.

  19. #2469
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    20,762
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    So the reported offer was Porzingis, Knox, and this year unprotected pick. After the Dallas trade the rumor was Knox, Robinson, Ntilikina, unprotected pick, and the picks they got from Dallas. I can't find anything that's falls under official sources report, but come on if they were willing to move their dollar for 75cents you don't think they're willing to trade that 75cents for a dollar?
    There are plenty of things that I think, but I cannot claim they offered it all if it was not even reported anywhere. As a matter of fact, it was reported that they were not willing to part with the #3 pick. Do I believe that? No. But how can I claim they offered everything just based on what i believe?

  20. #2470
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Advocate article, It might be better for Griff to be patient



    Waiting till the last second could be our biggest benefit.
    Waiting can have a benefit but its higher risk. Even waiting to the All-Star break is a possible as some team that is looking to make a deep playoff run will be willing to put some next year assets up to acquire him for the remainder of the contract. Higher risk but its always an option.

  21. #2471
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    20,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    This dude reputable?

    https://mobile.twitter.com/ScoopB/st...75174307958785

    Also how do I embed a tweet?
    Hope not.

  22. #2472
    LOL


  23. #2473
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    The best chance to get Zion was to trade AD to the Knicks before the deadline. I'd add to that moving Jrue to PHX for there pick if that was something possible. That would have given this franchise the maximum amount of shots at Williamson.

    Your scenario falsely assumes teams would have traded the number 1 pick once they knew they already had the number 1 pick. Knicks may just say f it and run with Zion. Lakers may do the same on the off chance they win. And those were the only two teams that had a chance to win that would legitimately considered making the deal.
    You're not even worth the time if you can't grasp the concept of trading with 1 team before we know anything is worse odds than having the ability to trade with all teams after we know where everyone is at.

  24. #2474
    Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    That may very well be the case but what can you do now.
    Be happy we won the golden ticket draft Zion. Trade AD for the best future assets available, move Jrue for the same. Build the team around Williamson slowly and methodically so we have a great supporting cast when he's reaching his peak in the next 3-7 years.

  25. #2475
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    There are plenty of things that I think, but I cannot claim they offered it all if it was not even reported anywhere. As a matter of fact, it was reported that they were not willing to part with the #3 pick. Do I believe that? No. But how can I claim they offered everything just based on what i believe?
    The Porzingis deal was reported. That deal included their unprotected pick.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •