.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 98 of 127 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

  1. #2426
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    A bit depressing, but I'm starting feel this way too. We'll see. All of this will seem funny in 10 years. Maybe Beal blows out his knee five games in this year and never plays again (trade). Maybe we trade for Tatum and he never makes the jump. And then one of Lonzo, Kuzma and Ingram become a perennial all-star (if included). It happens all the time. It won't end up how we think even when it is done. Luck, unexpected and unlikely events...it happens.
    For sure. We could've not won the lottery and then hoped and prayed we could trade AD for Zion.

  2. #2427
    I would prefer Beal + a decent pick or two


    Tatum + a decent pick or two


    I do think it's a good thing Griffin is waiting. I think it will end up between what we hope and and what we fear ultimately. But we will see. I think he is taking his time because he knows how important this is. This is a career dealbreaker/maker move. Maybe he has an offer we would all take. But he is going bigger. We will judge when it's done.

  3. #2428
    can anyone recommend a strong drink for watching Ball and Ingram highlights?

  4. #2429
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    can anyone recommend a strong drink for watching Ball and Ingram highlights?
    Gasoline.

    Edit: In all seriousness, usually when I'm about to do a long video session for analysis, I don't drink. Don't wanna get too out-of-focus. But if I'm doing a more casual watch, I usually run with either scotch on ice, or Chambord.
    Zion ''The Earthquake'' Williamson

    Paying attention to the next draft too early.

  5. #2430
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Gasoline.

    Edit: In all seriousness, usually when I'm about to do a long video session for analysis, I don't drink. Don't wanna get too out-of-focus. But if I'm doing a more casual watch, I usually run with either scotch on ice, or Chambord.
    I don’t think I have every heard of anyone going Scotch……if not Chambord. Its like I really wanna watch Inglorious Basterds……damn its not free on streaming……Guess I will roll with Legally Blonde.

  6. #2431
    Quote Originally Posted by bogiesfedora View Post
    I don’t think I have every heard of anyone going Scotch……if not Chambord. Its like I really wanna watch Inglorious Basterds……damn its not free on streaming……Guess I will roll with Legally Blonde.
    Hey, what's good is good. Chambord is raspberry flavoured, but it's cognac at heart. Don't worry about it too much.

  7. #2432
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Hey, what's good is good. Chambord is raspberry flavoured, but it's cognac at heart. Don't worry about it too much.
    33 proof Cognac…… I never understood the fascination with it(Cognac) never had a really good one either so I am sure that plays in to it. I love scotch and bourbon.

  8. #2433
    Quote Originally Posted by bogiesfedora View Post
    33 proof Cognac…… I never understood the fascination with it(Cognac) never had a really good one either so I am sure that plays in to it. I love scotch and bourbon.
    You see, I've never really understood why anyone would bother with bourbon when there are so many better options in that kind of field as well. Different strokes, I guess.

  9. #2434
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You see, I've never really understood why anyone would bother with bourbon when there are so many better options in that kind of field as well. Different strokes, I guess.
    A lot of it is price as compared to Scotch, there are some great Bourbons in the price range of a Glenfiddich or Glenlivet 12.

  10. #2435
    Quote Originally Posted by bogiesfedora View Post
    A lot of it is price as compared to Scotch, there are some great Bourbons in the price range of a Glenfiddich or Glenlivet 12.
    Maybe I've just not had the required experience in bourbon, cause over here in the UK there aren't that many options available. When it comes to scotch, I usually end up running with Ardbeg, Dalmore, Talisker, or Fettercairn. Admittedly, some of those sit at the pricey end and only come out at Christmas

  11. #2436
    i'm bummed out. do I have to go start watching ingram & lonzo highlight videos now?

  12. #2437
    Man. We can't even agree what to get drunk on. Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrios View Post
    i'm bummed out. do I have to go start watching ingram & lonzo highlight videos now?
    Can you watch the future? Because all the highlights will start next season. I'm tired. I know that joke was lame. Just caught up on a weeks worth of paperwork this all distracted me from.

  13. #2438
    The Lakers and the Knicks are playing us for weak because of the trade demand. The Knicks know that we don't want AD in the west that's why their low balling us. The Lakers are low balling us possibly because they believe Davis has told Griffin he only wants to play for the Lakers. That is his ace up his sleeve. I don't for one minute believe that he wants to play for the Knicks. Danny Ainge is simply helping his protege Griffin with leverage. The Celtics are out of it. We will trade him to the Lakers in the end for a fresh start with Zion. Ingram might be out of the league in months due to blood clots. I hope that we can get something for ball.

  14. #2439
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieZ View Post
    The Lakers and the Knicks are playing us for weak because of the trade demand. The Knicks know that we don't want AD in the west that's why their low balling us. The Lakers are low balling us possibly because they believe Davis has told Griffin he only wants to play for the Lakers. That is his ace up his sleeve. I don't for one minute believe that he wants to play for the Knicks. Danny Ainge is simply helping his protege Griffin with leverage. The Celtics are out of it. We will trade him to the Lakers in the end for a fresh start with Zion. Ingram might be out of the league in months due to blood clots. I hope that we can get something for ball.
    In what sense is Griffin Ainge's protege?

  15. #2440
    Haha. Check this out. This is BizarroDae that lives in LA.

    https://lakeshowlife.com/2019/06/12/...uchable-trade/

    Ok. I'm really going to bed. Gotta get six kids to VBS in six hours.

  16. #2441
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Haha. Check this out. This is BizarroDae that lives in LA.

    https://lakeshowlife.com/2019/06/12/...uchable-trade/

    Ok. I'm really going to bed. Gotta get six kids to VBS in six hours.


    ''Brandon Ingram is gonna be our next star. I can tell cause of the stats he averaged in this 11 game span.''

    Does someone wanna tell him that E'twaun Moore had a 10 game stretch near the start of this year where he averaged 19ppg on 58% from the floor and 50% from three.

    Is the minutes away from becoming a star?

  17. #2442
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,605
    Rich Paul is exerting what little control he has over the AD trade. I think it’s a good sign that he did this. The CELTICS are serious and I believe they will take the risk knowing that AD could help them go to the FINALS. Davis wants to win and being in the EAST he’d likely make it to playoffs every year.

    If Ainge trades Smart and Tatum and Baynes plus 14th pick and next years Memphis 2020 1st rounders for AD he will also need to get rid or Rozier, maybe a sign and trade to BULLS or PHX... Moving Rozier and Smart would be smart if they want to start fresh and bring Kyrie back. Ainge could get a starting SF trading Rozier. Give Kyrie the team he wants and he returns imo. AD would be very excited to play for Boston. No doubt if Danny Ainge makes a few ballsy moves the LAKERS fail to
    Get AD . I think people underestimate how bad Boston wants AD.

    Rich Paul is doing everything he can to stop Boston from having serious talks with the PELS. There’s little doubt that Kyrie has a much better chance of winning a championship if he stays with CELTICS once they land AD! Likewise, AD probably has a better shot in the EAST playing with Horford, Hayward, Kyrie and new faces Ainge would bring in via trading Rozier.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #2443
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Wait, so common sense says they offered everything? I would have thought the Lakers would have too, but apparently not.
    So the reported offer was Porzingis, Knox, and this year unprotected pick. After the Dallas trade the rumor was Knox, Robinson, Ntilikina, unprotected pick, and the picks they got from Dallas. I can't find anything that's falls under official sources report, but come on if they were willing to move their dollar for 75cents you don't think they're willing to trade that 75cents for a dollar?

  19. #2444
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You don't understand, let me explain.

    If the Knicks offer everything, it helps his point, so it's common sense.

    If the Lakers offer everything, it hurts his point, so it's not common sense.

    Hope that helped.
    WTF are you talking about? It was reported the Lakers offered up every asset they had last year also. And now that offer has been reduced. Which if we are playing that game. Makes me "right". Waiting cost us assets in a AD trade.

  20. #2445
    Max Contract Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    14,821
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    WTF are you talking about? It was reported the Lakers offered up every asset they had last year also. And now that offer has been reduced. Which if we are playing that game. Makes me "right". Waiting cost us assets in a AD trade.
    Those assets from the Lakers weren’t worth trading for. Now the Lakers have a better asset with a 4th pick which wouldn’t have been available if AD was traded during the season.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  21. #2446
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    WTF are you talking about? It was reported the Lakers offered up every asset they had last year also. And now that offer has been reduced. Which if we are playing that game. Makes me "right". Waiting cost us assets in a AD trade.
    As I've stated already

    Ingram, Ball, #4 => Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, #12 (or higher)

    Waiting to do the trade gave us the best odds of getting Zion, which we did, and clearly it didn't harm the Lakers offer because even after a huge jump in the lottery the Lakers are offering all their main pieces except for Kuzma.

    This also ignores the facts that the Lakers offered Ingram, Ball, #4 and Griff told them NO, he wants more. So what we end up getting for AD will be better than that offer.

    In no sense of the word did waiting cost us assets.

  22. #2447
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrios View Post
    i'm bummed out. do I have to go start watching ingram & lonzo highlight videos now?
    Ingram is decent to watch...lonzo on the other hand is ...interesting.

  23. #2448

    AD trade scenarios...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post


    ''Brandon Ingram is gonna be our next star. I can tell cause of the stats he averaged in this 11 game span.''

    Does someone wanna tell him that E'twaun Moore had a 10 game stretch near the start of this year where he averaged 19ppg on 58% from the floor and 50% from three.

    Is the minutes away from becoming a star?

    E’twaun is 30 years old Ingram is 21 years old bro he’s still got a lot of room to improve , Moore is as good as he’s gonna get .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #2449
    Griff came up under Ainge in Phoenix. He worked for Ainge.

  25. #2450
    Does this help lessen the blow for the Celtics to trade Tatum to the Pels? Ha ha ha

    Jayson Tatum Angers Boston Fans By Celebrating St. Louis Blues Stanley Cup Title https://thebiglead.com/2019/06/12/ja...y-cup-celtics/ via @thebiglead

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •