.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 95 of 127 FirstFirst ... 45 85 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

  1. #2351
    Brown is good. I just think you drastically underrate Lakers players. But that's like 40+ pages in here. No need to rehash all that. Most posters probably want us all to agree to disagree on that. I want that Memphis pick so hard. Tatum and that pick are my top two assets, IMO. Plus, it being a 2020 pick offsets our contracts slightly better than 3 picks this year.

    An aside and maybe not for this thread, if KD opts in, can GS still sign Klay?

  2. #2352
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Kuzma and Ball are not on Brown's level. Just, at all.

    Brown can shoot, which for one makes him infinitely more useful in today's NBA. He had a pretty severe injury in his shooting hand for a good chunk of last season, but he got the cast off in December. From January until the end of the season (which was 43 games, basically as many as Ball played all year), he shot 39% from three on 4 attempts per game. Much better than either Kuzma or Ball.

    For that skill alone, when you're discussing building a team around Zion and Jrue, the shooting makes him much more valuable. You add to that the fact that he was the 4th option in Boston (after Kyrie, Horford, and Tatum) and still put up scoring and rebounding numbers pretty similar per 100 to Kuzma, who was the de facto 2nd option the entire season until Ingram's late 9 game run, that's pretty impressive.
    It's actually pretty impressive considering Brown's weakness when drafted was shooting. He was an athletic freak that played great D and could finish at the rim. Now he can actually shoot and will likely improve.

  3. #2353
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Do we really know what was offered in February? Real question. I know who was offered in general but I don't think we knew what each specific package was.

    It's also a pretty weak argument since the odds were not on the Lakers getting the 4th pick. Even missing a player the 4th pick is arguably the best asset. Apples and oranges.
    I agree. I’m just arguing for arguing sake at this point. Once a thing happens, my general approach to life is there is no point to arguing about the thing that didn’t happen. But yet here I am! Lol.

    But still. Not trading AD was a risk. The worst case scenarios didn’t happen, and the best case scenario did. At this point, whether we get Kuzma and the 2020 or 21 pick as part of the trade will be irrelevant to some.

    The entire next season is literally in an upheaval because of KD’s injury, the Celtics aren’t going all in for AD, and folks think I was wrong for wanting to trade him at the deadline and not assume extra risk by putting our future in AD’s ability to stay healthy and the whims of Kyrie Irving dictating the Celtics offseason.

    If the lottery shakes out differently and we stayed at the 8th pick, I wonder how people would feel about things right now.

    But whatever. Whoever thinks it was worth it to wait, I hope you keep that same energy when the deal is Lonzo/BI/2019 pick!

  4. #2354
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Brown is good. I just think you drastically underrate Lakers players. But that's like 40+ pages in here. No need to rehash all that. Most posters probably want us all to agree to disagree on that. I want that Memphis pick so hard.

    An aside and maybe not for this thread, if KD opts in, can GS still sign Klay?
    That would be poetic if it happens. They get a player that won't play at all next year and lose the other guy that makes them lethal because they are forced to keep the unhealthy guy.

  5. #2355
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

    An aside and maybe not for this thread, if KD opts in, can GS still sign Klay?
    Yeah, I think they can. They have his bird rights, right? So they could just throw a max at him without even really thinking about it, as long as they're willing to eat the ABSURD repeater tax.
    Zion ''The Earthquake'' Williamson

  6. #2356
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    1. You’re forgetting the risk that AD could have suffered an injury. It didn’t happen. Great!
    2. I’m still waiting on this great Celtics offer you all promised
    3. If the deal is Lonzo, Ingram, 2019 pick. That’s less than what was offered in February

    But we got Zion and AD didn’t get hurt. So this has all worked out better than I could have hoped no matter what the trade ends up being.

    And 4+ months later we’ll end up with basically the same deal we could have had at the deadline...only NOT AS GOOD.
    Since theoretical probability is my thing. I'm just gonna kindly tell you simply drop it. It's dumb and pointless, because we are all talking about hypothetical.

    The astronomical low odds that it simply took for us to get the 6th slot came down a tie and was won on a coin toss. We legit won the lottery with a coin toss over an absurd 82 game trek. That's 6724 different sequential sequences probability then times it by 30 teams. 201,270+1(The coin toss) different probabilities for a season worth of teams. If we put into minute to minute probability with injury likelihood. It blows up to the hundreds of millions in different outcomes.

    Regardless... there is very little causality or relations in us holding out till now to trade AD or not. THE 6th SLOT WON THE LOTTO. We held on to AD. A dramatic sequence of events worked in our favor in the FIRST YEAR of a new Lottery Odds. The rest is history.

    So, if we end up with a worse deal. Then, yes... We should of did the trade at the deadline, because Zion is such little causality takes over 200,000 sequential events to win the lottery. NOT JUST ONE. ALL we had to do is win the 6th slot to win the lottery. Which we didn't even do.

    So, can we stop arguing about the stupid deadline trade. It's dumb and stop pretending that it was the ONE move that got us Zion. It's not. Not remotely close. Lets not pretend taking that deal would of been better anyways. We'd be pretty miserable with no 4th pick to bargain with..


    So, chill

  7. #2357
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    1. Youíre forgetting the risk that AD could have suffered an injury. It didnít happen. Great!
    2. Iím still waiting on this great Celtics offer you all promised
    3. If the deal is Lonzo, Ingram, 2019 pick. Thatís less than what was offered in February

    But we got Zion and AD didnít get hurt. So this has all worked out better than I could have hoped no matter what the trade ends up being.

    And 4+ months later weíll end up with basically the same deal we could have had at the deadline...only NOT AS GOOD.
    I live in the reality of what actually happened. Not the strawman world of make believe like you.

    And to be clear: Ball, Ingram, #4 is just as good as Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, #12 (or higher if they had AD). It's probably better. We lost NOTHING from the Lakers offer by waiting.

    Keep grasping at straws....man.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 06-12-2019 at 08:48 PM.

  8. #2358

  9. #2359
    NM already admitted he's just arguing for the sake of it. Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Calling it now

    Boston: AD, Conley, E. Moore

    Memphis: Hayward, Yabusele, pick #20

    New Orleans: Tatum, Smart, Pick #14, Memphis 2020 1st
    Yep. I'd take that and run.

    Am I hating on Memphis too much for next season? I think Ja will have a shaky first season and without Conley.....mmmmmm.

  10. #2360
    I really don’t care what was offered in February, who was right or wrong about any of it. I only care about extracting the best possible package of players and picks from whoever Griffin trades AD to. It could be any of the teams that have expressed interest in AD as long as it’s the best deal, even the Lakers. I just can’t envision a realistic scenario that moves AD to the Lakers without a third or fourth team involved.

  11. #2361
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    FEED ME ALL OF IT

  12. #2362
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    1. Youíre forgetting the risk that AD could have suffered an injury. It didnít happen. Great!
    2. Iím still waiting on this great Celtics offer you all promised
    3. If the deal is Lonzo, Ingram, 2019 pick. Thatís less than what was offered in February

    But we got Zion and AD didnít get hurt. So this has all worked out better than I could have hoped no matter what the trade ends up being.

    And 4+ months later weíll end up with basically the same deal we could have had at the deadline...only NOT AS GOOD.
    This people here are talking like there's more on the table from waiting not less. Winning Williamson makes everything we get lagniappe, but let's not act like the Lakers didn't offer us every young player and picks. Hell even the Knicks were offering us every young player they have and picks. Waiting appears to have lessen our offer from the three front runners.

  13. #2363
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Hell even the Knicks were offering us every young player they have and picks.
    Where was this reported? Link?

  14. #2364
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Where was this reported? Link?
    John Calipari said it

    https://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...ari-1.32299396
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 06-12-2019 at 09:11 PM.

  15. #2365
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This people here are talking like there's more on the table from waiting not less. Winning Williamson makes everything we get lagniappe, but let's not act like the Lakers didn't offer us every young player and picks. Hell even the Knicks were offering us every young player they have and picks. Waiting appears to have lessen our offer from the three front runners.
    This is 1000% correct.
    And those who think it’s stupid that we’re arguing about whether or not we should have done a deal before the deadline, are also 1000% correct.

    Because we got Zion, I wouldn’t change anything we did. It’s also true that we may get less from the Lakers than what they reportedly offered at the deadline.

    The Celtics offer ain’t walking through that door...

    But you guys were right. Cause we got Zion. That’s indisputable.

  16. #2366
    Yeah now that Calipari has weighed in the Knicks could be back in the card game

    https://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...ari-1.32299396

  17. #2367
    Draft Pick Rampart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    21
    Thing is if we did any trade we most likely would have had a better record along with whomever got a motivated AD. Both our pick and their pick would be worse than if we kept and minimally played a dissatisfied AD. I’m not talking getting Zion but I could see us picking 12 and Lakers picking 14 for instance if we had traded.


    We knew that if we waited both picks would be better. Plus we did not know who would be getting Zion and could wait to target them.

  18. #2368
    Steve Bulpett with the update from Boston. Kyrie has not removed the Celtics from consideration. Boston is going after AD:

    According to multiple league sources, Irving still has not removed the Celtics from consideration as he contemplates where to sign as a free agent, though the assumption around the NBA was he was looking to go elsewhere to join up with another marquee free agent. That concept was placed in some measure of doubt when Kevin Durant — the most prominent of the potential 2019 free agents — suffered a ruptured Achilles’ tendon in Game 5 of the NBA Finals Monday night.

    There still is no definitive word on whether that situation will change Irving’s thinking, or if a successful Celtics pursuit of Davis could increase the chances Irving stays in Boston.

    As has been the case all along, it’s fair to think the Celts clearly would like to have more solid information from Irving on his plans so they can more properly formulate their own procedures moving forward.

    For example, knowing what Irving will do could impact what the Celtics offer for Davis. At this point, however, sources continue to indicate the club is intent on trying to secure him no matter what else transpires — and regardless of statements that, if acquired, Davis will not re-sign with the Celtics when he can become a free agent in 2020, a sentiment most recently expressed in comments by his agent to Sports Illustrated.
    https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/06...alks-continue/

  19. #2369
    Oh look, it's Bulpett, an actually good reporter. Bout time we heard from him or Heinsohn instead of Kyler again.

  20. #2370
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Where was this reported? Link?
    "Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports reported the Knicks were among the teams preparing to make New Orleans an offer in the aftermath of that news, and he pointed to Porzingis, Kevin Knox and the potential No. 1 overall pick in the 2019 draft as possible trade chips. However, the Pelicans clearly didn't value Porzingis enough to pull the trigger on any deal."

    I don't know how to copy and paste links on my phone. But this was the original rumored deal for Davis. Porzingis let it be known he wouldn't re-sign with Pelicans. So the Knicks traded him to Dallas.

  21. #2371
    Is Kyrie not pleased with Stevens as a coach? Not familiar on why people think he was so set on leaving the Celtics like they have the plague.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #2372
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Is Kyrie not pleased with Stevens as a coach? Not familiar on why people think he was so set on leaving the Celtics like they have the plague.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because he took the blame for them doing worse than last year.

  23. #2373
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    "Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports reported the Knicks were among the teams preparing to make New Orleans an offer in the aftermath of that news, and he pointed to Porzingis, Kevin Knox and the potential No. 1 overall pick in the 2019 draft as possible trade chips. However, the Pelicans clearly didn't value Porzingis enough to pull the trigger on any deal."

    I don't know how to copy and paste links on my phone. But this was the original rumored deal for Davis. Porzingis let it be known he wouldn't re-sign with Pelicans. So the Knicks traded him to Dallas.
    That's a far cry from, "the Knicks were offering us every young player they have and picks."

  24. #2374
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

    That's not what that said AT ALL. Nowhere does it say anything remotely about, "the Knicks were offering us every young player they have and picks."

  25. #2375
    I missed Calipari being hired by the Knicks.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •