Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 127 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    That "over my dead body" line is starting to blow up. Based on everything else with this story I have to assume they just blatantly made it up.

It's crazy, they are "quoting" a reporter who got second hand information from a rumor and presenting it like it is Mrs. Benson's exact words. This LA media is dangerous.
    It is completely made up. First off, complete autonomy was given to Griffin to make trades. Secondly, no team would ever blatantly publicly eliminate a team from negotiations as it only hurts their position. This is either click bait or more likely being spread by one of the teams competing for AD in order to make other teams feel as if they do not have to offer their best offer as there is less competition.

I’m high on Mitchell because without Ben Wallace the Pistons aren’t the Pistons. There is a lot of value in a guy that can block out the sun, and turn around and in 1-2 years be the DPOY. He will bring us lob city, and that is fine.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I like the Lakers deal the most. Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Hart, Hunter(who I would take at 4), and 2020 1st. Then try to sign Nikola Vucevic to play center since we will have the cap space and resign Payton

C: Vucevic, Okafor
    PF: Zion, Kuzma
    SF: Ingram, Hunter
    SG: Jrue, Hart
    PG: Ball, Payton, FJax

That’s a deep, young, and talented team. I really, really like Hunter. I like Barrett, but Hunter is a way better two way player. Dude put up 27 points and 9 boards in the NCAA title game. He can also play a small ball 4, so he has so much versatility compared to Barrett. A Zion, Hunter, Hart, and Jrue defensive squad would be one of the best out there IMO. Then if we can get their 2020 first, we will have two first rounders next year to either add some more young players or deal with a player for a player.

If we go with the Knicks, that gonna be a long term rebuild and who knows what players we end up with all those draft picks. I think you have to trade Jrue more than likely as well.

C: Robinson, Okafor
    PF: Zion
    SF: Knox
    SG: Barrett
    PG: Smith Jr

I rather get as many talented young players we can and that’s why I like the Lakers deal cause we know they can play. Unless you gonna convince a top free agent to join Zion & Jrue with those youngsters from the Knicks. A ton of first round picks would be nice, but man it’s hard to trade a once in a lifetime player like AD for Barrett, Knox, Smith, and a bunch question marks(really they all question marks except Smith Jr)

^ Lonzo Papa already came out that he doesn't want to play in NOLA. If we trade & keep him, get ready for some toxic gumbo (his father loud mouth will kill the franchise).
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

There was a report the other day that LA would send Lonzo to Chicago (I think?) for the 7th pick, and include that pick in the package for AD.

I know that Mrs B doesn't want to deal AD to LA but a package of Kuz, Ingram, Hart, Wagner, #4 and #7 may be haaaard to pass on.

Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    ^ Lonzo Papa already came out that he doesn't want to play in NOLA. If we trade & keep him, get ready for some toxic gumbo (his father loud mouth will kill the franchise).
    He said that with the reasoning that "New Orleans already as an established PG". People keep chopping off that last half of his sentence. At the time, we had Payton, Frank, but oddly I think he was erroneously referring to Jrue. The NBA and LAL media is very dangerous when it comes to taking things out of context.

Even IF he were actually talking about just not wanting to be here, in general. I'm sure that roster would erase the statement. Afterall, the statement was made after the AD trade demand and we were dead in the water.

That being said, I agree with you, I don't like the drama and don't want Ball here. Lol

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Your link is busted. Use this one instead. https://www.wdsu.com/amp/article/gay...ntrue/27509565

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Your link is busted. Use this one instead. https://www.wdsu.com/amp/article/gay...ntrue/27509565
    Good work. (Link is about Gayle’s stance on the Lakers)

We all knew this really

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I’m high on Mitchell because without Ben Wallace the Pistons aren’t the Pistons. There is a lot of value in a guy that can block out the sun, and turn around and in 1-2 years be the DPOY. He will bring us lob city, and that is fine.
    The Pistons were a championship team with Wallace. The moment he left, they fell out of the running for that. They were still a good team, but they just couldn't get it done. They got to the ECF and suddenly Lebron James was dropping 20 point quarters on them because he had free run of the rim: without Wallace, they had nothing for that.

Robinson is super, super, super raw. He needs to learn how to defend without fouling. But he's got great measurables, fantastic hustle, and seems willing to put it all on the line in every game. Put him with a vet like Jrue to teach him some of the finer details of defense (hands up, rule of verticality, etc) and maybe even see if Emeka Okafor is willing to give him some pointers for post defense, and I think he's got huge potential. Even if all he develops on offense is a 10 or 12 footer, that would be invaluable next to Zion and also wouldn't be asking too much of him. He's only 20 years old.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I want a NYK trade surrounding the #3 pick, 2020 NYK unprotected 1st, the 2021 Dallas unprotected 1st, Mitchell Robinson and Kevin Knox. Any other added/subtracted players are fine but that’s the package I like best I think.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I want a NYK trade surrounding the #3 pick, 2020 NYK unprotected 1st, the 2021 Dallas unprotected 1st, Mitchell Robinson and Kevin Knox. Any other added/subtracted players are fine but that’s the package I like best I think.
    100% with you. #3 pick, a couple of extra firsts, and Robinson are the key elements. Beyond that, I want Knox but if for some reason they want to keep him and offer DSJ or something instead, I'd probably take it.

I don't think AD will change his mind but this is still hilarious

Assuming that Davis is traded, I think I am more upset that one of the interested teams in him, namely the Lakers and the Knicks, did not get the number two pick. I love Ja Morant’s game and believe that he will be an impact player who would pair very well with Zion. In fact I prefer him over RJ Barrett even do the latter already has chemistry with Williamson. I think this is part of the reason why I am hopeful that David Griffen will be able to convince AD to stay; short of a package that would include Morant, I do not feel that the Knicks or the Lakers can offer a trade package that is enticing. Even the Celtics expected package, once you get past Jayson Tatum, seems uninspiring.

I thought a team couldn’t trade its own first round pick in consecutive years? The picks would have to be Knicks 2019 and 2021 first round picks and Dallas 2021 unprotected 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I thought a team couldn’t trade its own first round pick in consecutive years? The picks would have to be Knicks 2019 and 2021 first round picks and Dallas 2021 unprotected 1st round pick.
    Correct. Brain fart on my part. OR they could make the pick first then trade the player and still trade us the 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    If you asked the Knicks to actually draft RJ and then make the trade after a certain date (I think it's June 30th, but I could be wrong) then it allows them to get around that rule because they're not technically trading consecutive picks, they're trading the player + next year's pick. Fairly common work-around.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    everyone here keeps assuming that the NY deal gets us Barrett, I'm not so sure he doesn't go at #2 to Memphis. We would still get Ja but he is not RJ which is why I think we should do the Boston deal which could possibly work out where we can move to #2 and get him
    I mean... That'd be awesome. If Ja was ever going to work out in the NBA it'd be paired with a defensive minded guard who can pick up the hardest assignment and allow him to focus on offense.

Or basically, Jrue.

What's better for the Pelicans, the Knicks or Celtics package below?

2019 #3 pick
    2020 NYK unprotected 1st
    2021 Dallas unprotected 1st
    Mitchell Robinson
    Kevin Knox

vs

Jayson Tatum
    Marcus Smart
    '20/'21 Memphis 1st
    2019 #14 pick
    2019 #20 pick
    2019 #22 pick

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Not a huge difference between #4 and #3 unless the Pels love RJ Barrett. I could argue for Culver or Garland being a great fit with Zion and Jrue.

I actually think I’d rather have Lonzo Ball or pick #7 (from Chicago) than Dennis Smith Jr.

At this point, Kuzma is a better player than Knox, but also 4 years older.

I’m indifferent on Hart/Wagner vs Mitchell Robinson. But I lean towards the former over the latter because they represent more depth.

Throw in Ingram and I think the potential Lakers offer is actually MUCH better than the Knicks. Which is shocking to me because I’ve aways preferred the Knicks offer from day 1. The Lakers can also toss is their 2021 pick, which I’d prefer to their 2020 pick. Honestly, I’d ask for 2022 pick unprotected as the jewel.

We all love laughing at the Lakers, but that’s really a strong offer. If Ingram is healthy, he can either be flipped later or is the best SF we’ve had since Mash.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Not a huge difference between #4 and #3 unless the Pels love RJ Barrett. I could argue for Culver or Garland being a great fit with Zion and Jrue.

I actually think I’d rather have Lonzo Ball or pick #7 (from Chicago) than Dennis Smith Jr.

At this point, Kuzma is a better player than Knox, but also 4 years older.

I’m indifferent on Hart/Wagner vs Mitchell Robinson. But I lean towards the former over the latter because they represent more depth.

Throw in Ingram and I think the potential Lakers offer is actually MUCH better than the Knicks. Which is shocking to me because I’ve aways preferred the Knicks offer from day 1. The Lakers can also toss is their 2021 pick, which I’d prefer to their 2020 pick. Honestly, I’d ask for 2022 pick unprotected as the jewel.

We all love laughing at the Lakers, but that’s really a strong offer. If Ingram is healthy, he can either be flipped later or is the best SF we’ve had since Mash.
    Honestly don't think it's that strong of an offer.

''Throw in Ingram'' is a big ''throw in'' when his health is such a risk and he'll want paying in a year anyway.

Mitchell Robinson is orders of magnitude better than Wagner, and comfortably better than Hart too. There's a strong argument for him being better than Ball or Ingram as well.

Like you said, Kuzma is 4 years older than Knox, and Kuzma isn't that great anyway.

Lakers picks would be trash, because whether we like it or not, AD + Lebron is a playoff core. At least the Knicks can offer the Mavs picks as well, which are much more likely to be at least decent picks in the future.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Honestly don't think it's that strong of an offer.

''Throw in Ingram'' is a big ''throw in'' when his health is such a risk and he'll want paying in a year anyway.

Mitchell Robinson is orders of magnitude better than Wagner, and comfortably better than Hart too. There's a strong argument for him being better than Ball or Ingram as well.

Like you said, Kuzma is 4 years older than Knox, and Kuzma isn't that great anyway.

Lakers picks would be trash, because whether we like it or not, AD + Lebron is a playoff core. At least the Knicks can offer the Mavs picks as well, which are much more likely to be at least decent picks in the future.
    I haven’t felt much like arguing; WE GOT ZION (lol)!

I think it’s pretty close, but understand why you might not agree. I’d much rather Ball (or 7th pick from Chicago) over DSJ or Ntilikina - and it’s not even close. Ingram is a wild card. Understood. But so is the development of Knox.

And with draft picks that’s why you prefer the 2021 or 2022 Lakers pick, because we’ve already seen LeBron start to break down physically. In 2 or 3 years it’s possible Dallas and Lakers are actually on par with each other. Dallas will have Luka, Porzingas, and the space to add another star.

I still argue Getting the Kuzma/Hart/Wagner trio is better than getting Robinson because of how they fit with Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I haven’t felt much like arguing; WE GOT ZION (lol)!

I think it’s pretty close, but understand why you might not agree. I’d much rather Ball (or 7th pick from Chicago) over DSJ or Ntilikina - and it’s not even close. Ingram is a wild card. Understood. But so is the development of Knox.

And with draft picks that’s why you prefer the 2021 or 2022 Lakers pick, because we’ve already seen LeBron start to break down physically. In 2 or 3 years it’s possible Dallas and Lakers are actually on par with each other. Dallas will have Luka, Porzingas, and the space to add another star.

I still argue Getting the Kuzma/Hart/Wagner trio is better than getting Robinson because of how they fit with Zion.
    Sure, but the difference is that while Knox might just end up disappointing, Ingram might end up not even able to play in the league at all. Those blood clots are no joke.

Ball has literally no offensive game whatsoever, and his family has already made it clear he does not want to be here. For me, that pretty much rules him out as a viable piece to target. I'm completely done with players who don't want to be here. After CP3, Eric Gordon, and AD, if a player says they don't want to be here then they can go elsewhere. Not worth dealing with. DSJ isn't very good, sure, but at least he'd be open to playing here and if we didn't like him, we could just move him because he doesn't have massive drama attached.

I see your point about Dallas, but I'm going to put out a hot take here: Porzingis will never reach the heights people have predicted for him. And that's if he even ends up playing in the league much longer, what with his ongoing legal troubles. He got in a fight in Latvia the other day too, got his face busted open pretty badly. He's not on a good trajectory. I don't place any bets on anyone going to Dallas: they have historically struggled to acquire any free agents.

The Kuzma/Hart/Wagner thing is just opinion and obviously if you prefer them then that's fine, but I'd argue that talent does have to play at least some factor, and Robinson is the best prospect out of all 4 names there without question.

Quote Originally Posted by RodyTur10 View Post
    What's better for the Pelicans, the Knicks or Celtics package below?

2019 #3 pick
    2020 NYK unprotected 1st
    2021 Dallas unprotected 1st
    Mitchell Robinson
    Kevin Knox

vs

Jayson Tatum
    Marcus Smart
    '20/'21 Memphis 1st
    2019 #14 pick
    2019 #20 pick
    2019 #22 pick

I like them both and could make an argument for either.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    What's awesome is that we are in great place for a rebuild regardless. LIFE IS GOOD FOR ONCE.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

I think people are forgetting Ingram has 1 year left then he's a RFA. That's a big risk no matter how you look at it.

Lonzo has played 2 seasons and missed basically an entire season worth of games due to injury.

It also seems like there's a pretty big drop from 3 to 4.

I mean let's try it this way of ranking NYK vs Lakers assets.

#3 > #4 > Lonzo > Dallas Picks x2 > Robinson > Kuzma > Knox > Ingram

Maybe something like that. I'd be interested in seeing how others rank those assets. Throw Boston's in as well.

Thread Information