Pelicans Report

Page 87 of 127 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    Great 1st post...im with you little buddy.
    If we pass up Garland I'll cry real tears.

Quote Originally Posted by ML127 View Post
    If we pass up Garland I'll cry real tears.
    Prepare to sob.
    Basketball.

It's interesting that details of a potential Lakers deal have been leaked. That means either it's false, someone is loose lipped, or someone is driving an agenda.

The back and forth of trades that happen rarely get accurately spread around this way.

It's fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gant- View Post
    It's interesting that details of a potential Lakers deal have been leaked. That means either it's false, someone is loose lipped, or someone is driving an agenda.

The back and forth of trades that happen rarely get accurately spread around this way.

It's fun though.
    The Pelicans have a completely new FO, and the Lakers deal is still spilling everywhere.

Meanwhile, we know Boston are in negotiations but we have no idea what's being offered.

Sounds to me like the Lakers are just being messy and incompetent again.

If Lakers can trade Ball and future firsts for Beal then i would be ok with Ingram, Beal, and #4. That’d be about the only way i’d deal with Lakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    If Lakers can trade Ball and future firsts for Beal then i would be ok with Ingram, Beal, and #4. That’d be about the only way i’d deal with Lakers

Definitely gonna need to figure what do with Ingram and his 2nd contract. Can gas him up and trade him at the deadline for future picks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The Pelicans have a completely new FO, and the Lakers deal is still spilling everywhere.

Meanwhile, we know Boston are in negotiations but we have no idea what's being offered.

Sounds to me like the Lakers are just being messy and incompetent again.
    That's most likely.

a 2020 pick in the mix would be nice...maybe a 2nd round we can use to combine with other picks next year to move up

Do we even know what the Lakers coach thinks about trading these pieces away?

Heheh

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Do we even know what the Lakers coach thinks about trading these pieces away?

Heheh
    wouldn't surprise me if they are all in discussions ...if not they dumb. I'm sure Griff and crew all talking.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    If that is their offer, it concerns me that Boston must not have much of an offer thus far. If the Lakers have not even put everything in, they must not feel they have much competition.
    I think Boston is not wanting to part with Tatum they holding that back I think that’s why Griffin is waiting as soon as Ainge hands over Tatum deal gets done they playing hardball right now .

Completely disagree.

Lakers trade leaked back in February. Everyone blamed Dell Demps. It's now been made clear it wasn't Dell's fault.

Entire Pels FO changes, Lakers trade still leaks.

What's the common factor? Lakers incompetent FO. Notice we haven't heard anything about what the Boston deal is. Why? Boston has a functional FO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    wouldn't surprise me if they are all in discussions ...if not they dumb. I'm sure Griff and crew all talking.
    In all the excitement, I forgot they settled on Vogel. Fail.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

Damn Dell, you ain't even employed anymore and you're still leaking names???

Welcome to the forum!

Lots of question marks surrounding Garland. Only played 5 games, isn't a fantastic passer, can't/won't defend, not massively athletic.

His one real skill is that he can shoot. There are even question marks about that though: his guide hand doesn't do much, and his release point is pretty low. Obviously that could change in the NBA, and he has the touch to make it work, but I don't know if his ceiling is as high as you suggest.

Totally get that aspect of it. But his shooting is just so good, and he's still so young. I think he's a good enough athlete. Not Westbrook level, but no worse than say Lillard level.

Totally get that aspect of it. But his shooting is just so good, and he's still so young. I think he's a good enough athlete. Not Westbrook level, but no worse than say Lillard level.
    That's fair. I wouldn't mind him too much at #6, but I feel like at #4 Culver is a much better option. He's a little older, sure, but he's played so many more games that we can judge him a little more fairly. His size, length, defensive ability, and smooth game look like they're going to translate well to the NBA.

Completely disagree.

Lakers trade leaked back in February. Everyone blamed Dell Demps. It's now been made clear it wasn't Dell's fault.

Entire Pels FO changes, Lakers trade still leaks.

What's the common factor? Lakers incompetent FO. Notice we haven't heard anything about what the Boston deal is. Why? Boston has a functional FO.
    Ask Kendrick Perkins what he thinks of Dell Demps. I hope Griff adds Perk to the staff!

Anyway the players hated Demps. Fact!

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Ask Kendrick Perkins what he thinks of Dell Demps. I hope Griff adds Perk to the staff!
    This is not an attempt to defend Dell. I'm not getting into this discussion with you AGAIN.

We know that Dell didn't leak the info back in February. That's the ONLY point I'm making.

Whether you think he was great or horrible other than that doesn't matter.

That's fair. I wouldn't mind him too much at #6, but I feel like at #4 Culver is a much better option. He's a little older, sure, but he's played so many more games that we can judge him a little more fairly. His size, length, defensive ability, and smooth game look like they're going to translate well to the NBA.
    My question on defensive ability is, is is it lack of ability, or lack of desire? I think it might be the latter, we'll see in the NBA. Remember, Lonzo Ball had a horrible defensive rep coming into the league, and he's turned into one of the better defenders at his position (when healthy).

My thing about Garland is, he's like the prototype of the type of guard that is successful in today's NBA. These flashy scorers like Dame. Pairing him at Lonzo in the backcourt would be sick.

I like Culver, but I feel his athleticism will cap his potential, and I have questions about his shooting. I wouldn't hate the pick though.

My question on defensive ability is, is is it lack of ability, or lack of desire? I think it might be the latter, we'll see in the NBA. Remember, Lonzo Ball had a horrible defensive rep coming into the league, and he's turned into one of the better defenders at his position (when healthy).

My thing about Garland is, he's like the prototype of the type of guard that is successful in today's NBA. These flashy scorers like Dame. Pairing him at Lonzo in the backcourt would be sick.

I like Culver, but I feel his athleticism will cap his potential, and I have questions about his shooting. I wouldn't hate the pick though.
    ''Pairing him at Lonzo in the backcourt would be sick''

And where's Jrue, just vanished? Come on.

The thing about Lonzo and defense is that he always had the tools to defend. He's a PG who's 6'5 with a 6'8 wingspan. The potential for defense was always there. Garland is 6'3 and his wingspan is 6'4.5. He doesn't have that natural size advantage over most PGs that Lonzo has. For undersized defenders, the way you really get the advantage is with gritty hard work and high IQ. Garland doesn't seem, from the small sample size we had in college, to care much about defense, and doesn't seem to have natural instinct for it.

''Pairing him at Lonzo in the backcourt would be sick''

And where's Jrue, just vanished? Come on.

The thing about Lonzo and defense is that he always had the tools to defend. He's a PG who's 6'5 with a 6'8 wingspan. The potential for defense was always there. Garland is 6'3 and his wingspan is 6'4.5. He doesn't have that natural size advantage over most PGs that Lonzo has. For undersized defenders, the way you really get the advantage is with gritty hard work and high IQ. Garland doesn't seem, from the small sample size we had in college, to care much about defense, and doesn't seem to have natural instinct for it.
    I'm wondering if Jrue is going to want to stick around for the youth movement. He's 29 and can be an asset via trade for a contending team.

I'm wondering if Jrue is going to want to stick around for the youth movement. He's 29 and can be an asset via trade for a contending team.
    Prepare to get scolded for wanting to trade Holiday.

The team has been preeeeeeetty adamant that they're not trading Jrue over the last couple of months. Given that his contract extends for multiple years, he won't be going anywhere unless he personally requests a trade. And given the fact that he's seemed pretty happy to embrace the idea of being the leader of the team, I don't see that happening.

Yes, it's true that he could possibly bring in good assets, but when you're bringing in a lot of youth you need good, intelligent, patient, and disciplined vets to guide them and bring them into their own. Jrue is the perfect guy to be that influence and leader.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    I think Boston is not wanting to part with Tatum they holding that back I think that’s why Griffin is waiting as soon as Ainge hands over Tatum deal gets done they playing hardball right now .

And if he has not included Tatum at this point, Griffin may just be using Boston as leverage against the Lakers to get them to add another asset. Doesn't feel like Boston is all that serious or a deal would be done by now with them. I hope I am wrong.

Thread Information