Pelicans Report

Page 86 of 127 FirstFirst ... 36 76 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Woj is reporting a bunch of nothing.

I was thinking the same thing as Kevin O'Connor. The situations are much different, but they feel the same. Back in the KG deal, Ainge kept plugging away, trying to make both the Wolves and Garnett happy, until he finally found the combination by trading for Ray Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Lakers have the inside track for Davis? Seems like Griff will settle for that #4 pick.

I think one thing that makes the (potential) Boston trade so appealing is the potential for flipping those assets as well.

Obviously some people have argued that this is also true with the Lakers stuff, but I don't see it being quite so easy, nor so profitable. We've already heard that Phoenix and Chicago wouldn't take Ball for #6 or #7 in this draft. Maybe that's true, maybe it isn't, but there's definitely doubt there.

Whereas if we got Tatum, Brown, Smart, and all the picks from Boston (obviously that's optimistic, sure) then I don't think it would be difficult to flip, say, Brown + #14 for something else, if we really wanted to.

I wouldn't want to, for what it's worth, I think Brown is really good, but still.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Lakers have the inside track for Davis? Seems like Griff will settle for that #4 pick.
    ...That's not really what that sounds like at all.

It doesn't sound like Griff is 'settling'' for anything. Sounds like he's telling LA to flip that #4 for something better because Ainge is giving legit competition.

And of course, we all know that if Ainge wanted to, he could end this today by offering everything.

I would also add, that as much as I don't like the Lakers, it still sucks to see this happen.

The Lakers franchise is garbage right now, sure, but for a long time they were great. Alongside Boston, LA was the other cornerstone of the NBA. Nearly half of all championships won have gone to those teams, and this is especially true at the beginning of the NBA, the foundation of the sport. Then, just as the NBA was kind of in decline, the Showtime Lakers and Bird's Celtics revitalised the NBA just in time for MJ to come in.

You can't tell the history of the NBA without the Lakers. It's just impossible. They're so essential to understanding the narrative of the league's history and the arc of its development.

So it's a shame to see the franchise hollowed out so that Rich Paul can wear it as a morbid skin-suit while he sticks his fingers everywhere they aren't wanted.
    It means now we the public knows for certain Davis' team has warned Ainge of trading for him is a one year rental.

So there we go. LA is offering INgram, Ball, and #4, and Griff is saying ''not good enough, more.''

I think one thing that makes the (potential) Boston trade so appealing is the potential for flipping those assets as well.

Obviously some people have argued that this is also true with the Lakers stuff, but I don't see it being quite so easy, nor so profitable. We've already heard that Phoenix and Chicago wouldn't take Ball for #6 or #7 in this draft. Maybe that's true, maybe it isn't, but there's definitely doubt there.

Whereas if we got Tatum, Brown, Smart, and all the picks from Boston (obviously that's optimistic, sure) then I don't think it would be difficult to flip, say, Brown + #14 for something else, if we really wanted to.

I wouldn't want to, for what it's worth, I think Brown is really good, but still.
    Well, we would be flipping Ingram at the trade deadline anyways. What's the point of giving him a max next year?

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    It means now we the public knows for certain Davis' team has warned Ainge of trading for him is a one year rental.
    Yeah, like I said, we knew that since February.

Which makes sense, cause the Rich Paul interview is from March.

So there we go. LA is offering INgram, Ball, and #4, and Griff is saying ''not good enough, more.''
    Griff wants Kuzma too!

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Well, we would be flipping Ingram at the trade deadline anyways. What's the point of giving him a max next year?
    Unless Ingram absolutely ignites next year, his trade value is not going to be as high as Brown's or Tatum's, imo.

That was kinda my whole point: the Boston assets contain trade value right now, today. The Lakers players and assets would have to prove something before they held that same value.

He will not settle for the #4. Woj made it sound like the Lakers are dangling that pick to another team for a veteran.

Griff wants Kuzma too!
    Griff wants a third team.

Remember how back in February, LA offered Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Zubac, and multiple firsts, and Griff tweeted that New Orleans could get ''far more'' than that?

What's happening here isn't a surprise. Griff wants a haul. LA can't offer it straight up. They'll need a third team.

Remember how back in February, LA offered Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Zubac, and multiple firsts, and Griff tweeted that New Orleans could get ''far more'' than that?

What's happening here isn't a surprise. Griff wants a haul. LA can't offer it straight up. They'll need a third team.

Sounds about right

So basically, what myself and many others have been saying this entire time is true.

Ainge WANTS Davis. It's that simple. With KD injured (ruptured Achilles confirmed), getting AD may secure Kyrie in Boston as well. Ainge has wanted Davis for damn near half a decade at this point: he's not going to shy away just because he's got a loudmouth agent.

Any doubts about the validity of trading for a superstar with the risk of them leaving have been eliminated by Kawhi leading Toronto to the finals.

Ainge may still not be willing to give up everything, so he may not secure Davis. But him being there, still being interested, being at the table, drives up all the prices.
    Of course Ainge wants Davis. I'd make the argument so does more than half the league. The question has always been what is Ainge or any GM not working for the Lakers or Knicks are willing to risk.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

I'll only be happy with a Laker trade is if Bradley Beal somehow finds his way into this.

If that is their offer, it concerns me that Boston must not have much of an offer thus far. If the Lakers have not even put everything in, they must not feel they have much competition.

Newb here who had to sign up just to say KEEP THE FREAKING LAKERS 4TH PICK.

I don't want to ship that out. I want to keep it and draft DARIUS GARLAND.

Garland + Zion is a playoff team in 2 years.

Yeah, like I said, we knew that since February.

Which makes sense, cause the Rich Paul interview is from March.
    No here's the important distinction some of you are ignoring. Before the article we assumed it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    If that is their offer, it concerns me that Boston must not have much of an offer thus far. If the Lakers have not even put everything in, they must not feel they have much competition.
    Doesn't sound that way to me. Obviously we don't know what Boston has or hasn't offered, but it sounds like LA are aware that they don't have the assets on their own, and rather than embarrassing themselves again by naming everything and every pick just to be rejected, they're offering key parts and then acquiescing to the demand for a third team.

Quote Originally Posted by ML127 View Post

Welcome to the forum!

Lots of question marks surrounding Garland. Only played 5 games, isn't a fantastic passer, can't/won't defend, not massively athletic.

His one real skill is that he can shoot. There are even question marks about that though: his guide hand doesn't do much, and his release point is pretty low. Obviously that could change in the NBA, and he has the touch to make it work, but I don't know if his ceiling is as high as you suggest.

Great 1st post...im with you little buddy.

And add Ingram . This would be nice!

Not thatbl this is the trade I want, I still would prefer NY or Bos to equal or outbid this and feel they have the ability to do so.....I'm just relieved the Lakers are already going high.

Thread Information