Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    After much consideration, I like the idea of trading AD to the Knicks.

I was of the mind that we should try to convince AD to stay now that Zion is here, but despite the great player that AD is, a fresh start is also an attractive proposition. Bringing RJ Barrett to New Orleans would be huge. Its an opportunity to rebuild the team around two elite rookie talents who already have great chemistry playing together. It could also be a difference maker for Zion to really buy into having a career in New Orleans instead of trying to skip town like CP3 and Anthony Davis. The idea of Zion not being excited to play in New Orleans would be immediately put to bed if he were paired Barrett.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9jrzFzq7Pg
    I 100% agree. I want the young pieces plus Barrett. Then add some mid quality free agents to balance out the team amd we're GOOD.

Let’s see:

Win ASAP: Boston

Tatum, Brown, Smart, Rozier, first 2 1st round picks or all them)

C: Okafor(Maybe try to sign Vucevic)
    PF: Zion, Randle
    SF: Tatum, Brown
    SG: Jrue, Moore
    PG: Smart, Rozier(maybe bring in Kemba or Payton)

Best haul(IMO): Lakers

Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Hart, Wagner, Hunter(with the 4th pick), 2020 1st

C: Okafor, Wagner(maybe sign Vucevic)
    PF: Zion, Kuzma
    SF: Ingram, Hunter(I love this kid’s potential)
    SG: Jrue, Moore, Hart
    PG: Ball, (maybe bring back Payton or sign Kemba)

Long term rebuild: Knicks (probably trade Jrue as well in this scenario)

Knox, Smith Jr, Robinson, RJ Barrett(with 3rd pick), 2020 1st, 2021 1st & Dallas 1st,

C: Robinson, Okafor
    PF: Zion, Randle(maybe)
    SF: Knox
    SG: Barrett, Moore
    PG: Smith, Payton(maybe)

Don’t do too good and build something special through the draft in the next couple seasons with all those picks. Hopefully get another 1st and young players for Jrue as well
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 05-17-2019 at 12:48 AM.

Argh!

Another "trade Jrue if we go younger". He is like the exact guy you want as the leader if we go young. I just don't get the "trade Jrue" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Part of it is that, but there's also the ceiling question. I think Kuzma he's a solid player, and will probably continue to be at least a decent player for a while, but I don't see star in him at all. Given that Lonzo has no offensive game whatsoever and doesn't want to play here, and Ingram has the health issue, for me Kuzma really would have to have star potential to make the LA deal worthwhile, and he doesn't. Because NY can offer a pick that means Barrett, and Boston can offer Tatum, they both have the potential to put a possible future star on the table, and that puts them over LA immediately.
    Good points.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 05-17-2019 at 01:15 AM.

Just ran through a comparison of most of the players that are being discussed in trade talks. I didn't include Ingram for two reasons: the first is that Basketball Reference only allows you to pick 6 players total, so I stuck to 2 players per team (Knicks, Lakers, Celtics). The second is that when it came to who to cut from the Lakers package, Ingram's health is the biggest question mark so I decided to leave him off rather than Ball or Kuzma.

But when comparing the Mitchell Robinson, Kevin Knox, Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball, Jayson Tatum, and Jaylen Brown, I was surprised to see how much Robinson dominates the field.

Per 36, he averages more rebounds than anyone else, more blocks than anybody else (in fact, more blocks than everyone else added together), and is second in steals. He's a comparatively low scorer, scoring less than everyone else except Lonzo, but that's largely due to the fact that he takes by far the fewest shots: he actually has by far the highest FG%, at basically 69%. His net rating is off the charts, having a higher Offensive Rating than Jayson Tatum (the guy in second place) by +33, and he also has the best Defensive Rating (-1 to the guy in second place). That gives him an absurd +34 net rating.

He also has the highest VORP, the best BPM, the best DBPM, the best OBPM, the most total Win Shares (despite playing on the Knicks!!!), the most WS/48, and by far the highest PER.

Mitchell Robinson is a boss.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 05-17-2019 at 04:20 AM.
    Basketball.

He is indeed. Some Knicks fans don't even want to give up Robinson for AD

I know we have talked to Culver and Reddish, but have we spoken with RJ yet?

Is Robinson really that good or is he just another Tyson chandler who has great offensive ratings because all he does is dunk? Granted, that’s not a terrible thing, Tyson was an elite defender and rebounder.

Like could Robinson be Tyson, or Clint cappella or better?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Is Robinson really that good or is he just another Tyson chandler who has great offensive ratings because all he does is dunk? Granted, that’s not a terrible thing, Tyson was an elite defender and rebounder.

Like could Robinson be Tyson, or Clint cappella or better?
    He's a lot like a young Chandler. He does not have much of an offensive game. He is solid as a rebounder and rim protector, but is still very raw. He has to learn to play with control and avoid dumb fouls.

everyone here keeps assuming that the NY deal gets us Barrett, I'm not so sure he doesn't go at #2 to Memphis. We would still get Ja but he is not RJ which is why I think we should do the Boston deal which could possibly work out where we can move to #2 and get him

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Just ran through a comparison of most of the players that are being discussed in trade talks. I didn't include Ingram for two reasons: the first is that Basketball Reference only allows you to pick 6 players total, so I stuck to 2 players per team (Knicks, Lakers, Celtics). The second is that when it came to who to cut from the Lakers package, Ingram's health is the biggest question mark so I decided to leave him off rather than Ball or Kuzma.

But when comparing the Mitchell Robinson, Kevin Knox, Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball, Jayson Tatum, and Jaylen Brown, I was surprised to see how much Robinson dominates the field.

Per 36, he averages more rebounds than anyone else, more blocks than anybody else (in fact, more blocks than everyone else added together), and is second in steals. He's a comparatively low scorer, scoring less than everyone else except Lonzo, but that's largely due to the fact that he takes by far the fewest shots: he actually has by far the highest FG%, at basically 69%. His net rating is off the charts, having a higher Offensive Rating than Jayson Tatum (the guy in second place) by +33, and he also has the best Defensive Rating (-1 to the guy in second place). That gives him an absurd +34 net rating.

He also has the highest VORP, the best BPM, the best DBPM, the best OBPM, the most total Win Shares (despite playing on the Knicks!!!), the most WS/48, and by far the highest PER.

Mitchell Robinson is a boss.
    We need a legit 5 for Zion. So, I think as much we loved Tatum and all those picks. NY got the one nice piece that we kind of need. I think Robinson is a huge need to put Zion in the position to succeed.

Granted... I think the best foot forward is to get the best trade offer for AD without trying to include Hill as a expiring dump. Eat his contract instead losing trade assets.
    Last edited by Taker597; 05-17-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    everyone here keeps assuming that the NY deal gets us Barrett, I'm not so sure he doesn't go at #2 to Memphis. We would still get Ja but he is not RJ which is why I think we should do the Boston deal which could possibly work out where we can move to #2 and get him
    Boston does not own the pick

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Memphis already said they're taking Ja.

To me it comes down to Boston and the Knicks. The Lakers have good young players that are injured way too often. Lonzo has missed alot of time in his first 2 seasons, and Ingram has a clotting issue. Only player from LA that we can count on is Kuzma, and the #4 pick can net us a guy like Cam Reddish. The extra draft picks that we' get for next year and beyond would probably land outside of the lottery, so future picks won't matter much other than use them as assets ala Boston.

White the Celtics couldn't offer a high draft pick they can however send us a few good young players in Tatum, Brown and possibly Rozier (they have to include picks too). I think Kyrie stunted the development of Tatum and Brown (and Rozier) so they didn't do as well this past season as they did in last year's playoffs. The lineup could be young, long and athletic:

PG Jrue (yeah I know he's not a PG but he can do it)
    SG Jalen Brown
    SF Jason Tatum
    PF Zion
    C ? (Either Okafor or as someone else mentioned possibly going after Vucevic)

I think the Knicks can offer the best package of them all. Getting the #3 pick could land us RJ Barrett, who was the #1 recruit coming out of high school a year ago. Pair him with his good buddy Zion along with other long athletic guys like KNox and Mitchell Robinson... it'll be too much fun watching these guys out on fast breaks:

PG Jrue
    SG RJ Barrett
    SF Knox
    PF Zion
    C Mitchell Robinson

I'd love to get Mitchell Robinson (from Chalmette btw)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I’d take Dennis Smith Jr in a package with the Knicks too. I have a feeling about that guy. He plays with intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave View Post
    Such a crock. The "media" is just making stuff up. If the Lakers have the best offer, the Pelicans will trade AD there. I do not see how they can get the best offer, but I am confident that is how it will work.

Look I love Jrue but if we trade AD for all these youngsters I think we need to ask Jrue do you want to stay here and mentor these guys because we’re not winning a title any time soon with new guys . If Jrue says I’d rather go compete for a championship then we trade him I don’t think he wants to play with a bunch or rookies . I honestly think we could get a couple of nice assets with trading Jrue that would fit out new (Zion) time line . Nobody WANTS to trade Jrue but by the time this team is really ready to win Jrue will be in his 30s so why not trade him for assets that fit our time line it only makes sense .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    One thing that occurred to me because of a podcast I listened to is maybe bringing Jaylen and Tatum and keeping both of them isn't the best move. Tatum liked being the top option in 2018, then Kyrie comes back and he didn't do so well. Maybe he won't like being 3rd at best with the potential to be #2 only once Jrue has declined or retired or whatever.

I still think that's the 2nd best option as I'm really, personally high on Mitchell Robinson.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I'm starting to think the Knicks have the best package also from the standpoint that they have tons of cap space. Possibly we can better get out from under some salary because they could absorb it. It could help us have even more flexibility if we choose to include Hill and/or Moore in the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Look I love Jrue but if we trade AD for all these youngsters I think we need to ask Jrue do you want to stay here and mentor these guys because we’re not winning a title any time soon with new guys . If Jrue says I’d rather go compete for a championship then we trade him I don’t think he wants to play with a bunch or rookies . I honestly think we could get a couple of nice assets with trading Jrue that would fit out new (Zion) time line . Nobody WANTS to trade Jrue but by the time this team is really ready to win Jrue will be in his 30s so why not trade him for assets that fit our time line it only makes sense .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree we should move Jrue if we deal w/NY. But Boston we don't. see post 164 this thread

It sounds very much like the Lakers are not a contender.

Jackie MacMullan of ESPN:

We have been told, I think, through channels – most of us have heard this same scuttlebutt – that Gayle Benson has basically told him, “To the Lakers, over my dead body.”

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=26717626
    Last edited by Gant-; 05-17-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    I'm starting to think the Knicks have the best package also from the standpoint that they have tons of cap space. Possibly we can better get out from under some salary because they could absorb it. It could help us have even more flexibility if we choose to include Hill and/or Moore in the trade.
    I mean... We can eat those bad salaries. They are both expiring. We don't have a chance in hell to pick up a superstar this offseason or any to be honest. I'd say keep 'em. Let them walk next season.

That "over my dead body" line is starting to blow up. Based on everything else with this story I have to assume they just blatantly made it up.

It's crazy, they are "quoting" a reporter who got second hand information from a rumor and presenting it like it is Mrs. Benson's exact words. This LA media is dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    That "over my dead body" line is starting to blow up. Based on everything else with this story I have to assume they just blatantly made it up.

It's crazy, they are "quoting" a reporter who got second hand information from a rumor and presenting it like it is Mrs. Benson's exact words. This LA media is dangerous.
    No one has more credibility than Jackie MacMullan. She doesn't make statements like this unless she's got info to back it up.

C: Robinson, Okafor
    PF: Zion, Knox
    SF: Barrett, Hill
    SG: Jrue, Moore
    PG: Smith, Frank

Maybe: Payton

We definitely needs some shooter and overhaul the bench with these draft picks.

Thread Information